Educational

Author Topic: Door to door jesus  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Door to door jesus
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2010, 05:00:58 AM »
I had 2 Jehovah's Witnesses come to my door the other day, one of them started going down the normal pre-scripted spiel when I stopped him and asked what church he was from.  When he said J/W, I said "Thanks for the offer, but I gave up on playing the lottery, I'd have better chances of being struck by lightning while sitting in my watchtower".  He didn't get it at first, but his partner who was with him (who hadn't said a word the entire time) suddenly got a disgusted look on his face, grabbed the guy by the arm and said "it's time to go".

For anyone who doesn't get that, the J/Ws believe that Heaven has only a certain number of vacancies, so even if you play your cards right, you still only have a 20% or so chance of actually getting in to heaven.  Also, the J/W monthly newsletter is called "The Watchtower".
I have heard that too. What of the people that have already died or those yet to live? I think the percentage is smaller. Would they let autistics in?

I think the number that they believe get into Heaven is 144,000.

For the rest of us, they believe that there will be a Paradise on Earth.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2010, 05:44:56 AM »
I had 2 Jehovah's Witnesses come to my door the other day, one of them started going down the normal pre-scripted spiel when I stopped him and asked what church he was from.  When he said J/W, I said "Thanks for the offer, but I gave up on playing the lottery, I'd have better chances of being struck by lightning while sitting in my watchtower".  He didn't get it at first, but his partner who was with him (who hadn't said a word the entire time) suddenly got a disgusted look on his face, grabbed the guy by the arm and said "it's time to go".

For anyone who doesn't get that, the J/Ws believe that Heaven has only a certain number of vacancies, so even if you play your cards right, you still only have a 20% or so chance of actually getting in to heaven.  Also, the J/W monthly newsletter is called "The Watchtower".
I have heard that too. What of the people that have already died or those yet to live? I think the percentage is smaller. Would they let autistics in?

Correct. The 144.000 are the ones who will rule over the others. Government job, while the others live in paradise. There are some more congregations where that is the teaching.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2010, 06:29:58 AM »
I have a friend who saw two JW's coming up his sidewalk. He grabbed a Devil mask (left over from Halloween), slipped it on his face, and when they knocked he answered the door, screamed "OH, SHIT!" and slammed the door.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2010, 01:53:34 PM »

Correct. The 144.000 are the ones who will rule over the others. Government job, while the others live in paradise. There are some more congregations where that is the teaching.

That's a VERY big government. I hope they don't have a Calandale there.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2010, 02:02:25 PM »

That's a VERY big government. I hope they don't have a Calandale there.

I hope they do >:D
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2010, 02:07:52 PM »
Don't you have a Make My Day Law where you live, so you can shoot them for intrusion? :litigious:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2010, 02:11:29 PM »
Don't you have a Make My Day Law where you live, so you can shoot them for intrusion? :litigious:

Maybe I'll just let them in shoot them then stick a gun in there hands and call the cops >:D

George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2010, 02:13:08 PM »
I have a relative in the US. When he lived in Florida, he said you could shoot people if they had intruded into your apartment or house. That's BRAVE!  :agreed:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2010, 02:42:02 PM »
I have a relative in the US. When he lived in Florida, he said you could shoot people if they had intruded into your apartment or house. That's BRAVE!  :agreed:

You can here too if your threatened that's why you keep a gun with the serial numbers filed down to put into their hand after you do >:D

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2010, 03:57:25 PM »

I think the make my day law only applies if you feel your life or physical safety are threatened in some way or if the intruders are commiting a crime while on your property, depending on the state.

I don't think it's kosher to invite them inside and then cliam they are trespassing and shoot them.

:lol:

TheoK

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2010, 04:06:23 PM »
But it would be fun. :toporly:

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2010, 04:31:27 PM »

Yes, I think he is very BRAVE to be your relative.  :P

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2010, 05:24:39 PM »

:laugh:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2010, 04:43:02 PM »

He has a choice? :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2010, 04:46:05 PM »

He has a choice? :-\

Purely as a technical question one of my kids, still a toddler, asked if it was possible to divorce from your parents. So, yeah, maybe there is a choice. There can very well be the longing to have a choice.