Author Topic: Door to door jesus  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Door to door jesus
« on: March 20, 2010, 08:13:34 AM »
The door to door people selling jesus are coming I saw them down the street :hide:

I fucking hate them it's a nice day and I just want to hide.  I have no desire to even interact with them why must they keep coming? They ignore my "NO PEDDLING" sign and always knock or approach me in the yard it drives me and my dogs nuts.  They are persistent too like fucking misquotes trying to suck blood.  Are they everywhere and why do they keep at it.  I think these ones are mormans  :-\
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
Re: Door to door jesus
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 08:21:56 AM »
Dude, you need to take pleasure in fucking with their shit.

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 10:16:26 AM »
Them: "Sir, do you know Jesus Christ"

Me: "No, I do not, but I do know that Jesus is a Greek translation from the Hebrew name Yoshua which would translate into English as Joshua, and that Christ is a Greek translation of the Hebrew word Messiah, which means The Anointed One in English.  Add to this the fact that the man being referred to spoke Aramaic."

Them: "So what are you getting at"

Me: "What I'm getting at is that you're knocking on my door at 8:30am on a saturday morning during a massive hangover so you can preach at me about a savior that you don't even know the actual name of."

Them: "Well, the name Jesus appears in the Bible"

Me: "When you say the Bible, do you mean the ancient Hebrew scrolls formed into the Canon by the Second Council of Nicaea, or do you mean the Walmart clearance bin version which either is or is based on the King James Version which was heavily modified by King James I of England to fit his own political views?"

Them: "I don't know"

Me: That's right, you don't, you just got out-Bibled by an Atheist, how does that make you feel?"
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 11:11:54 AM by normal_impaired »
Autism Speaks would like to remind you that you don't exist, because there are no Autistic adults and autistic children are too braindead to be able to use a computer.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 10:57:59 AM »
Answer the door nude.  They don't hang around for long.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Scrapheap

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 11:48:30 AM »
Dude, you need to take pleasure in fucking with their shit.

That's what I do!!  :thumbup:

Scrapheap

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 11:50:53 AM »

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 11:56:15 AM »

Nah, just the dick hanging out of the pajama bottoms. When you open the door, say "Hey, looks like i've got a package for you!".

Gets em every time.  :zoinks:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 12:54:33 PM »

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 10:35:43 PM »
I'm considering one of these, they look fun. :evillaugh:

http://www.howtodothings.com/family-relationships/how-to-get-revenge-with-your-remote-control-sprinkler

I want one, too.

•Solicit this. Hey, solicitors are trespassing on your property, too, aren’t they? Well, give them a taste of sprinkler justice and after a few lawn baths, the Jehovah's Witnesses, real estate agents, and candy-selling teenagers will be spreading the word of your evil ways… and they’ll all think twice about knocking on your door.

•Rinse, repeat..... You’re going to have repeat offenders. Like all lessons in life, some people have to be taught a few times before their education sticks. So be prepared to play Lawn God as much as it takes for anyone brazen enough to keep trying you to get the message.

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 11:22:06 PM »
I'm considering one of these, they look fun. :evillaugh:

http://www.howtodothings.com/family-relationships/how-to-get-revenge-with-your-remote-control-sprinkler

$150? fuck that, get a regular lawn sprinkler and put it out in your yard, then run the hose in through a window or something and back out to the yard (make sure that if you use multiple hoses for length, that the couplings are outside so they don't leak in the house).  Turn on the hose outside and get the sprinkler running (and make sure it has ample coverage of the walkway areas).  Then kink the hose by folding it over so the water stops flowing, and tie the sides of the kink together with a piece of rope in a slip knot.  When someone comes by that you think should be "enlightened", pull the rope to release the knot and watch the same end result of the $150 method work fine with stuff you already have in your house.

Or, if you already have a sprinkler system installed, unlike what that idiot says, there's no need to dig it up, just find the control panel for it, and set either set it to run constantly or set the time so it will run for the next hour or so.  Next, you should see a little plastic cylinder (usually beige) with wires coming out of it attached to the side of the house with a bracket, this is the rain detector, it's just a really sensitive button that activates when rain drops fall on it to shut off the sprinkler system.  When the rain detector is activated, there's usually about a 2-10 second delay until the system resets and turns the sprinklers back on.  Remove the screws holding this detector to the side of the house and bring it in through a window, then put a piece of tape over the button so the sprinklers stay off until someone comes up.  The delay can work in your favor if the detector is on the back side of the house because you can let the person come up and ring the doorbell, and once they start to walk away you should have enough time to run to wherever the detector is, pull off the tape, and come back just in time to see the heads pop up and start soaking whoever decided to come into the yard.

Or you could just build one of these:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/irqHWEPM1OE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/irqHWEPM1OE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
Autism Speaks would like to remind you that you don't exist, because there are no Autistic adults and autistic children are too braindead to be able to use a computer.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2010, 11:30:36 PM »
Surprise, Surprise!

:laugh:

:plus:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 06:42:34 AM »
Yep, $150 is way more than my cheap ass would spend, I just liked his presentation. :evillaugh:

I was thinking more in the line of:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Remote-Controlled-Hose-Valve/

or

http://www.amazon.com/Nelson-Remote-Watering-Control-56620/dp/B0015APG0S

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 06:56:30 AM »

My Dad's friend is a comedian and actually did this once with back up from his long suffering wife  :asthing:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 07:30:58 AM »

My Dad's friend is a comedian and actually did this once with back up from his long suffering wife  :asthing:

We had neighbours who complained about the noise once and my flatmates boyfriend answered the door naked.

Problem solved, no more complaining.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 03:56:40 AM »
Excellent!  :asthing:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap