Educational

Author Topic: LETS DO THE FORK IN THE GARBAGE DISPOSAL.. LETS DO THE FORK IN THE GARBAGE DIS..  (Read 926 times)

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
I don't think we have them in Australia, I have never seen a garbage disposal unit.

Yes, we do. A garbage disposal unit sits in your sink drain. I don't particularly like them. They just make tooooo much noise for me.

To me it seems they aren't very popular over here. Could be wrong but I've never seen one or known anyone with one here.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
I've never seen one either.  People around here have separate bins for compostable material which the council empties on alternate weeks from the ordinary bins, and we put most of our stuff in a compost heap in our garden.  We're also not supposed to pour edible oils down the drain, since they cause blockages and mess up the water treatment plants.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Had one as a kid my mom was afraid of it and never used it don't have one now.  My father does in his condo I don't care for them
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Are they only for vegetable peels and stuff like that for composting? Or does anything go in there?

I usually only put table scraps down mine.  I clogged it once with lots of potato peelings, so now I deal with compostable things like that separately.

Are they only for vegetable peels and stuff like that for composting? Or does anything go in there?

Basically, yes. Egg shells, or if you had a heap of stew or something you throw it down there and it munches it all up.

That is the other part I don't like about it....no, you can't use it for composting. The garbage disposal sits in the drain and all the munched up material is flushed down the pipes like your sink water out into the ocean.

A waste.

True, and if it does not end in the ocean, but in a water cleaning plant, it will be harder to clean the water, because of all the grounded waste in it.

Sewage treatment plants have a settling pond or settling tanks to settle out the solids, then the settled solids are used for fertilizer after they are processed, but not for food crops.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?

I usually only put table scraps down mine.  I clogged it once with lots of potato peelings, so now I deal with compostable things like that separately.

Basically, yes. Egg shells, or if you had a heap of stew or something you throw it down there and it munches it all up.

That is the other part I don't like about it....no, you can't use it for composting. The garbage disposal sits in the drain and all the munched up material is flushed down the pipes like your sink water out into the ocean.

A waste.

True, and if it does not end in the ocean, but in a water cleaning plant, it will be harder to clean the water, because of all the grounded waste in it.

Sewage treatment plants have a settling pond or settling tanks to settle out the solids, then the settled solids are used for fertilizer after they are processed, but not for food crops.

I rember seeing bags of that with makers saying it was not for food crops in a hardware store a long time ago
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore

A waste.

I rember seeing bags of that with makers saying it was not for food crops in a hardware store a long time ago

My cousin used to work at a sewage treatment plant and they dumped a truckload of the stuff on the lawn of her new house.

It really helped the grass grow, but there were some tomato plants that volunteered in the middle of her lawn. 

:zombiefuck:

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
I bet those tomatoes made killer salsa.  :green:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
I bet those tomatoes made killer salsa.  :green:

:lol:

I don't know if anyone would have been brave enough to eat those tomatoes.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
I don't think we have them in Australia, I have never seen a garbage disposal unit.

Yes, we do. A garbage disposal unit sits in your sink drain. I don't particularly like them. They just make tooooo much noise for me.

To me it seems they aren't very popular over here. Could be wrong but I've never seen one or known anyone with one here.

I've had several houses that had them....I just choose not to use them. I'm the same with dishwashers....I'd rather do it myself.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
How about never admitting that you visit chan sites in the first place?

Haha what?
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore

I've had several houses that had them....I just choose not to use them. I'm the same with dishwashers....I'd rather do it myself.

Not me.  I love automatic dishwashers.  They can wash a whole pile of dirty dishes while using less water than you would use doing them by hand.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
I wish GA was an automatic dishwasher. :D
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
oh god my freind Chucki was obsessed with this and wouldn't stop singing it.
DING DING DING DING DING DING DING I still thought it was funny we'd sing it in the grocery store and piss people off.
Park.

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
STOP i lost my contact lens.....FOUND IT
Park.

Blasted

This is moronic as hell.