3 (25%)
Square
0 (0%)
Arched
8 (66.7%)
Diamond
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Play School  (Read 641 times)

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Play School
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 08:57:21 AM »
The diamond window wasn't around when I was a kid. I voted for the arched window. They never seemed to pick that one. It was always the round window.

I used to get disappointed when it wasn't the arched window!

Maybe they picked the round and square one because they are more regular, everyday shapes?

I'm starting to see a pattern here. For me the arched window contained all the characteristics of the square and the round.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Maybe it's our attraction to patterns and shapes, we would be more intrigued by the more unusual one?

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 09:11:09 AM »
The diamond window wasn't around when I was a kid. I voted for the arched window. They never seemed to pick that one. It was always the round window.

I used to get disappointed when it wasn't the arched window!

Maybe they picked the round and square one because they are more regular, everyday shapes?

I'm starting to see a pattern here. For me the arched window contained all the characteristics of the square and the round.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Maybe it's our attraction to patterns and shapes, we would be more intrigued by the more unusual one?

I still secretly want it to be the arched window when the kids are watching it. I still get annoyed when it isn't chosen too.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 12:57:17 PM »
I picked round although I'm not really sure what we're talking about here.   :2thumbsup:

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 03:58:41 PM »
I picked round although I'm not really sure what we're talking about here.   :2thumbsup:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play_School_%28Australian_TV_series%29

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2010, 06:37:54 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play_School_%28Australian_TV_series%29

Still not understanding what it is about.

I feel soooooooooooo culturally challenged now.  :P

What is it with the windows. Why choose them in a TV program?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2010, 09:21:20 PM »
I don't know if you watch Teletubbies either, Hyke, but the idea is this: The show cuts away from the presenters in the studio to a short documentary-style film about a topic or theme of interest. For example, the producers might insert a short film depicting a school crossing guard interacting with people crossing the road near the school; or showing how cows get milked, or how crayons are manufactured; or perhaps showing two children caring for their pet rabbits, or giving their dog a bath. The transition from studio to documentary film is achieved, in the case of the Teletubbies, when the antenna of one of them lights up and the film begins to appear on the little screen on its tummy. On Play School, the transitional device is to choose a random window, with the film first appearing into view through that window. On Play School there were traditionally three different shapes of windows in which the film might appear; now there are four.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 09:49:31 PM by SleepyDragon »

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2010, 10:25:26 PM »
"Today, let's look through....(pause, enough for me to hope and pray)....the arched window"...

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 05:54:23 PM »
Thanks SD.  :laugh:

Yes, I had my fair share of the Teletubbies. First with my godson, then with my two girls. Think I've seen every tubbymovie more than 5 times.  :zombiefuck:
There is only one I remember with a smile. This little girl making chocolate/cornflake cupcakes for a friend. And decorating it with cherries. And she carefully licked each cherry, before putting it on the cupcake. Such a funny little film.  Good to have a fond memory of the ordeal that the Teletubbies were. Most horrible was the teapot lady. She was so absolutely dreadful in Dutch. The English version was more than a hundred times better.  (naughty, naughty spider..., nightmare material in Dutch)
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2010, 09:59:43 PM »
You have to remember that that Play School over here has been running since 1966 and still going. So a lot of generations have seen it.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 10:07:35 PM »
You have to remember that that Play School over here has been running since 1966 and still going. So a lot of generations have seen it.
do you get sesame street?
Misunderstood.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 10:23:07 PM »

Yeah, had that for ages. Don't know when it started playing here though. I remember it from when I was a kid so it's been a while.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2010, 10:27:52 PM »

Yeah, had that for ages. Don't know when it started playing here though. I remember it from when I was a kid so it's been a while.
i think it started here in 1969.

i remember a show called romper room from when i was a child.
Misunderstood.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2010, 11:10:04 PM »

Yeah, we had our own version of that over here.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2010, 11:22:28 PM »

Don't fucking start me on that show. At the end when Miss Whomever used to look through the magic mirror and say...'oh, I can see Tracey and Fiona, Peter, Michael'....that bitch never said my name. Day after fucking day....never my fucking name....and there I was!!!! Right there watching that bitch on tv and she ignored me!

Uggh, it almost riles me up as much as the much discriminated against, Arched Window!

(ps. I find it hilarious that it was called 'Romper Room'....obviously after childrens clothing item called Rompers....but now as an adult, all I can associate is the word Sex Romp!)

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2010, 11:27:34 PM »

Don't fucking start me on that show. At the end when Miss Whomever used to look through the magic mirror and say...'oh, I can see Tracey and Fiona, Peter, Michael'....that bitch never said my name. Day after fucking day....never my fucking name....and there I was!!!! Right there watching that bitch on tv and she ignored me!

Uggh, it almost riles me up as much as the much discriminated against, Arched Window!

(ps. I find it hilarious that it was called 'Romper Room'....obviously after childrens clothing item called Rompers....but now as an adult, all I can associate is the word Sex Romp!)

What about Romper Stomper?