Author Topic: Sinsbannedly is unbannedly  (Read 1586 times)

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: Sinsbannedly is unbannedly
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2010, 12:23:55 PM »
I just had a thought.  I think Merle probably threatened to dish some dirt on Alex.  She must know behind the scenes stuff, that he doesn't want people to know.
that he allowed a 60 year old woman to suck his cock.

brb, vomiting.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 12:25:28 PM by Pikajedi3 »

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2010, 12:36:33 PM »
there is nothing wrong with a 60 year old woman sucking a cock.
Misunderstood.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2010, 02:45:56 PM »

One sceming member can bring down a forum. Put up members against eachother, spread distrust and angst. Especially if it is done behind the scenes via pm and email, a lot of damage can be done. Has happened, and the less open a forum is, the easier it can be done.

:agreed: :plus:

Seen it done, been there when it's being done. Nasty thing.

How is it done? Can the member go around speading the word saying bad things about the place so no one joins?

WP is such a big place so I doubt she can tell everyone in the world to not join it. All they have to do is look up "asperger forums" and WP pops up and they will join it anyway.

No, it's done internally - an established and respected member can put  a sly word here, a cunning post there, a few PMs, and within a week or two of starting to be a cunt, they can get parts of the membership hating either another part, or a specific member. Ever read a post and come away feeling offended, but you've no idea why - there's no specific point, phrase or sentence which is offensive, but the whole thing just makes you want to punch them in the face?

Of course, it's worse when you've got two of these people, working one against the other, as we did at AFF - it's even worse when you're taken along for the ride and you don't realise it.

Over time, the "feel" of the forum becomes.....nasty. New people are chased away, anyone who steps out of line is dogpiled. From that point on, it's just a matter of time before the forum dies, unless some major, major bannings take place - and even then, it might not do much good.

And seeing how in-transparent WP policy is about banning and such, WP looks like the perfect candidate for this to happen. All behind the scenes. Here, the talking about WP happens in the open, but not all members will be venting in the open, too afraid to be banned maybe. The fear is already there. The lack of trust too. Plus the knowing that you are not allowed to ask questions. Things can go putrid in no-time. Just takes one or two manipulating members with some online social skills.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2010, 02:59:29 PM »

One sceming member can bring down a forum. Put up members against eachother, spread distrust and angst. Especially if it is done behind the scenes via pm and email, a lot of damage can be done. Has happened, and the less open a forum is, the easier it can be done.

How is it done? Can the member go around speading the word saying bad things about the place so no one joins?

WP is such a big place so I doubt she can tell everyone in the world to not join it. All they have to do is look up "asperger forums" and WP pops up and they will join it anyway.

No, it's done internally - an established and respected member can put  a sly word here, a cunning post there, a few PMs, and within a week or two of starting to be a cunt, they can get parts of the membership hating either another part, or a specific member. Ever read a post and come away feeling offended, but you've no idea why - there's no specific point, phrase or sentence which is offensive, but the whole thing just makes you want to punch them in the face?

Of course, it's worse when you've got two of these people, working one against the other, as we did at AFF - it's even worse when you're taken along for the ride and you don't realise it.

Over time, the "feel" of the forum becomes.....nasty. New people are chased away, anyone who steps out of line is dogpiled. From that point on, it's just a matter of time before the forum dies, unless some major, major bannings take place - and even then, it might not do much good.

And seeing how in-transparent WP policy is about banning and such, WP looks like the perfect candidate for this to happen. All behind the scenes. Here, the talking about WP happens in the open, but not all members will be venting in the open, too afraid to be banned maybe. The fear is already there. The lack of trust too. Plus the knowing that you are not allowed to ask questions. Things can go putrid in no-time. Just takes one or two manipulating members with some online social skills.

All bolded where I fit.

Hey ever since sins has been demodded, there has been more suicide threads. Sinsboldly had a thing against them and would send them PMs and accuse them of trolling or drawing attention, etc. and ban them by changing their passwords or whatever. She did that too Preater. He was unable to login his account.

DukeNukem

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 03:11:14 PM »

All bolded where I fit.

Hey ever since sins has been demodded, there has been more suicide threads. Sinsboldly had a thing against them and would send them PMs and accuse them of trolling or drawing attention, etc. and ban them by changing their passwords or whatever. She did that too Preater. He was unable to login his account.

Maybe sinsboldly could be charged with third degree murder if she did it to those whose suicide threats were serious. That is serious fucking business!

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2010, 03:56:23 PM »
I just had a thought.  I think Merle probably threatened to dish some dirt on Alex.  She must know behind the scenes stuff, that he doesn't want people to know.
that he allowed a 60 year old woman to suck his cock.

:LOL:
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2010, 05:37:07 PM »

All bolded where I fit.

I'd rather the suicide threads there than at AFF - though truth be told, if we think they are serious we just call the police in their country , pass on IP and ISP information, and talk to the poster until they either go offline or it becomes apparent that they are lying bastards.

Hyke is correct - because there is zero transparency there, and the TOS are rigidly adhered to with little or no leeway, it's ripe for abuse - I like to think that the moderation at AFF is quite open (though I don't really know), and it's open at Spectrumites -the admins and moderators there will explain why they've done something, and any inconstancy is explained and justified (with...a few exceptions, but lets leave that aside). If it got any more transparent here, stuff would start falling out  :LOL:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2010, 06:16:19 PM »
i think that lucifer was the main contributer to the current TOS over at WP.
Misunderstood.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2010, 06:22:41 PM »
tos?
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2010, 06:23:27 PM »

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2010, 05:27:27 AM »

The irony is, Sins seems like just the sort of unstable to take drastic and (hopefully) self destructive action over something like getting de-modded( :violin:), so maybe we have some suicide threads from her to look forward to, sort of a silver lining the whole thing.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2010, 06:54:16 AM »
There is a new user there called scooterdiva. I wonder if that's her? She is at such a forum called that.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2010, 10:00:25 AM »
There is a new user there called scooterdiva. I wonder if that's her? She is at such a forum called that.
it is understandable that you needto obsess.  but why don't you move on from this sinsboldly character.  you beat her.  is she worth your time?
Misunderstood.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2010, 10:39:18 AM »
Don't forget lot of us have OCD. I can't help my obsessive thinking.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2010, 11:15:16 AM »

Keep an eye on it, might get interesting. I'm thinking it's her as well.

All I can say is...it took Alex this long to figure out there was something "off" about her? :facepalm2: