Author Topic: Sinsbannedly is unbannedly  (Read 1584 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Sinsbannedly is unbannedly
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 05:49:55 AM »
I contacted Alex yesterday and he told me it was only a temp ban because he thought she might go crazy and damage the forums.

Tbh if someones going to damge the forums when they go crazy they shouldn't be allowed to be a member.

It's one of the things that will automatically result in a ban here.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 05:56:28 AM »
I contacted Alex yesterday and he told me it was only a temp ban because he thought she might go crazy and damage the forums.

Tbh if someones going to damge the forums when they go crazy they shouldn't be allowed to be a member.

*Adds that to the list of how to get banned from here*
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 07:12:43 AM by Kit »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 06:34:10 AM »

*Adds that to the list of how to get banned form here*

Must be a short list.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 06:46:32 AM »

lolwut? Isn't banning someone the whole point of preventing that very situation?  :eyebrow:

Well he wants to give her time to cool down.

But my point is, if she's poses such a threat, why not permaban her instead of this temporarily bullshit?

I know that on any other board, she'd be permabanned for doing what she did.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 06:48:59 AM »

lolwut? Isn't banning someone the whole point of preventing that very situation?  :eyebrow:

Well he wants to give her time to cool down.

But my point is, if she's poses such a threat, why not permaban her instead of this temporarily bullshit?

I know that on any other board, she'd be permabanned for doing what she did.

not fucking wrong
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 07:12:52 AM »

One sceming member can bring down a forum. Put up members against eachother, spread distrust and angst. Especially if it is done behind the scenes via pm and email, a lot of damage can be done. Has happened, and the less open a forum is, the easier it can be done.

:agreed: :plus:

Seen it done, been there when it's being done. Nasty thing.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 07:19:57 AM »
I doubt she be posting much at WP. Notice how she hasn't posted since the rally? Also do a search one morriganinoregon and you will see she was not very active at other autism forums and if you look at her early posts from 2006 and early 2007, you will see she was not as active then.

Also I found this:

Starr sez: "I think you must have had some guts to come out to your collegaues about your autism"

When I was diagnosed AS/ HF Autistic at age 56, I was embarassed and desparate to keep it all a secret (Goodness knows _I_ knew what people thought of people like me!) and a wise man (Roger N Meyers the famous AS speaker of Portland, Oregon, USA fame) said to me "But, my dear! they ALREADY know (that something is different about you) you really can't hide it."

So, I just confirmed what they already sensed, that I wasn't like them. Yeah, I will admit that was a type of bravery, but the type of brave you are when you have no choice.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp461055.html&highlight=#461055

Does anyone recall her saying she was self diagnosed at 56 and diagnosed at 58? Why the change?  :eyebrows:

And I know she is real because she is in one of the autism groups here and attended it once so I know the group leader has seen her and she has been mentioned several times in the group. We call her Merle. Same as when she did that speech at the state capital on autism, she was mentioned about it at the group when the leader asked us if anyone went.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010, 07:25:08 AM »

One sceming member can bring down a forum. Put up members against eachother, spread distrust and angst. Especially if it is done behind the scenes via pm and email, a lot of damage can be done. Has happened, and the less open a forum is, the easier it can be done.

How is it done? Can the member go around speading the word saying bad things about the place so no one joins?

WP is such a big place so I doubt she can tell everyone in the world to not join it. All they have to do is look up "asperger forums" and WP pops up and they will join it anyway.

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2010, 07:28:53 AM »

How is it done? Can the member go around speading the word saying bad things about the place so no one joins?

WP is such a big place so I doubt she can tell everyone in the world to not join it. All they have to do is look up "asperger forums" and WP pops up and they will join it anyway.

No, it's done internally - an established and respected member can put  a sly word here, a cunning post there, a few PMs, and within a week or two of starting to be a cunt, they can get parts of the membership hating either another part, or a specific member. Ever read a post and come away feeling offended, but you've no idea why - there's no specific point, phrase or sentence which is offensive, but the whole thing just makes you want to punch them in the face?

Of course, it's worse when you've got two of these people, working one against the other, as we did at AFF - it's even worse when you're taken along for the ride and you don't realise it.

Over time, the "feel" of the forum becomes.....nasty. New people are chased away, anyone who steps out of line is dogpiled. From that point on, it's just a matter of time before the forum dies, unless some major, major bannings take place - and even then, it might not do much good.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 08:03:14 AM by Pikajedi3 »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 07:35:49 AM »

*Adds that to the list of how to get banned form here*

Must be a short list.

Well, that's about it, really, if you count breaking against the host's TOS as trying to damage the site. Violating the TOS doesn't automatically get you banned but we do need to react.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 08:02:04 AM »

Heh, I should know, I've actually done such scheming on another board ages ago. However I also experienced the consequences of what happens when you loose control. Not pleasant I tell you.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2010, 08:11:32 AM »
What happens?

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2010, 08:19:26 AM »
What happens?

Basically the monster you create turns against you.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2010, 09:43:45 AM »
I just had a thought.  I think Merle probably threatened to dish some dirt on Alex.  She must know behind the scenes stuff, that he doesn't want people to know.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2010, 12:21:43 PM »
I just had a thought.  I think Merle probably threatened to dish some dirt on Alex.  She must know behind the scenes stuff, that he doesn't want people to know.
that he allowed a 60 year old woman to suck his cock.
Misunderstood.