Author Topic: Christianity is a dangerous, fanatical religion  (Read 2596 times)

Blasted

Re: Christianity is a dangerous, fanatical religion
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2010, 04:31:45 PM »
I think someone  ::)  should convert their name to Muhammed Binty  :orly:

::)

I don't give a fuck about Islam, I just don't think all Muslims are evil, fanatical bastards.  I despise religion as a whole  8)

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2010, 10:55:07 PM »
I live in the South US.   This city is practically the buckle of the Bible belt.   Christians do not threaten me at all.   My parents are Christians, but they are far from being total fundamentalists.   Very few of those left, but I have an uncle that is strict Southern Baptist.   The Baptists always visit your house and hand out stuff.    I still don't get in any confrontations with Christians anymore.   I used to start with Christians all the time when I was younger.   Go to a Muslim nation and argue with them about what BS Islam is, and you will most likely be killed.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2010, 02:21:40 PM »
I dunno why so many people in the deep south are religious, its not really got anything to do with the holy lands :P  And they seem to take the bible out of context.  But then again, I think most people do, I think its all bullshit.  There's so many different styles of christianity.  Some people say pay no attention to the old testament.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 02:23:55 PM by benjimanbreeg »
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2010, 03:29:09 PM »
I dunno why so many people in the deep south are religious, its not really got anything to do with the holy lands :P  And they seem to take the bible out of context.  But then again, I think most people do, I think its all bullshit.  There's so many different styles of christianity.  Some people say pay no attention to the old testament.
I would say the fundamentalists take the Bible more for what it is than anyone else.   Most religious people do not read the Bible as intensely as they do, and focus on the scriptures in their totality as far as how they should be interpreted.   There are many exhaustive Bible studies out there, and not as much of it is taken out of context as you would like.    Most of the denominations are full of idiots that pick and choose scriptures to fit their needs.    There should be no women preachers, that isn't taken out of context, it is a fact.   Same goes for any sex outside of marriage, but people aren't clear on that one either.   None of this matters if you are not Christian, of course.   The Bible isn't really that difficult of a read, but it has more interpretations than Islam.   It has been changed a lot more than the Quran too.    The Catholic Church is such a fucking joke, it only exists because people are too damn stupid to really read the Bible themselves.    There would be a lot less Christians if they actually read the damn book and realized how fucking stupid it is.

The fact that it is taken out of or in context is not really relevant.   The fact that the religion is bullshit, regardless of what context you take the scriptures in, is relevant.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2010, 03:45:07 PM »
Lol yeah, I agree.  Its just science and common sense has made so much of the book look like bollocks, so they just say ignore that stuff.  Just making the rules up as they go along.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Scrapheap

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2010, 08:43:59 PM »
Christian fundamentalism doesn't affect me
It affected me as a kid.  Now I have STORIES.   :o

You and me both.  ;D
Some Nuns hit you or what?

Wake me up when someone stoned a female relative to death after she got raped, because they were Christian fundamentalists.   Abortion clinic bombings are rare compared to women being murdered for shaming their family by being raped in Muslim countries.

I grew up baptist, so no nuns, but yeah, some of the sunday school teachers were bitter cunts who took out their frustrations on the kids. The church I grew up in was almost taken over by fundamentalist Reconstructionalist Christians who wanted women to remain silent in church. Needless to say, ther was quite a backlash.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2010, 12:24:53 AM »
Christian fundamentalism doesn't affect me
It affected me as a kid.  Now I have STORIES.   :o

You and me both.  ;D
Some Nuns hit you or what?

Wake me up when someone stoned a female relative to death after she got raped, because they were Christian fundamentalists.   Abortion clinic bombings are rare compared to women being murdered for shaming their family by being raped in Muslim countries.

I grew up baptist, so no nuns, but yeah, some of the sunday school teachers were bitter cunts who took out their frustrations on the kids. The church I grew up in was almost taken over by fundamentalist Reconstructionalist Christians who wanted women to remain silent in church. Needless to say, ther was quite a backlash.
Silent in church, just like Paul advised in Chronicles.   There is evidence supporting that actually, as far as Biblical verses saying that women should not speak in a temple environment.   Same chapter that deals with orderly worship.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2010, 01:41:36 AM »
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain."--John Lennon

"Jesus is a raisin."--Jean-Luc Picard
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2010, 03:23:56 AM »
Imagine there's no heaven, its easy if you try

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2010, 06:18:29 PM »
I find organized religion pretty scary in general.

:zombiefuck:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2010, 06:27:14 PM »
It is scary