Educational

Author Topic: I confess...  (Read 5074 times)

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: I confess...
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2012, 07:53:48 PM »
I confess I sing songs about my cat's buttholes.

I confess I find it hysterically funny that my eldest happened to show me a 10 second video on youtube about cat butthole stickers on the same day that you make this confession. I send these to you with love :laugh:

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2012, 03:38:47 AM »
Just say no. :o
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2012, 09:15:22 AM »
I confess that I am finding the act of reading the stream-of-consciousness ramblings of a serious junkie more and more disturbing.  I know it's because of my family history, and it breaks my heart to think of someone I love going through these same actions and living under such a cloud of self delusion.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2012, 09:17:47 AM »
I confess that I am finding the act of reading the stream-of-consciousness ramblings of a serious junkie more and more disturbing.  I know it's because of my family history, and it breaks my heart to think of someone I love going through these same actions and living under such a cloud of self delusion.

Is someone in your family an addict?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2012, 09:21:33 AM »

Most of my family are addicts

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2012, 09:22:46 AM »

I thought your family was Mormon?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2012, 09:30:20 AM »

It's not the magic shield they pretend it is.  The underwear doesn't cure addiction, and Jesus doesn't pardon them from this kind of thing.

Actually, my whole full-blooded family are addicts.  On both sides, the Mormon and non-Mormons alike.  My father (non-Mormon) is an alcoholic, as was his father and his father before him.  Both of my sisters are alcoholics and my mother (Mormon side) is addicted to prescription pain killers.  She went off to rehab 3 months ago and I haven't heard from her since.  Rumor has it that she is living in a sober living house in a random Midwestern state.

I have 2 half-siblings who have not yet shown a penchant for addiction.  But they are 21 and 17 and still have plenty of time.  Genetically, I know I am extremely lucky to have never become an addict myself.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2012, 09:46:06 AM »

It's not the magic shield they pretend it is.  The underwear doesn't cure addiction, and Jesus doesn't pardon them from this kind of thing.

Actually, my whole full-blooded family are addicts.  On both sides, the Mormon and non-Mormons alike.  My father (non-Mormon) is an alcoholic, as was his father and his father before him.  Both of my sisters are alcoholics and my mother (Mormon side) is addicted to prescription pain killers.  She went off to rehab 3 months ago and I haven't heard from her since.  Rumor has it that she is living in a sober living house in a random Midwestern state.

I have 2 half-siblings who have not yet shown a penchant for addiction.  But they are 21 and 17 and still have plenty of time.  Genetically, I know I am extremely lucky to have never become an addict myself.

You make a very good point.  You must be afraid to take a pain pill even if you are really suffering, or at least I would be if I had your family history.  My parents were never alcoholics, but my dad did become somewhat dependent on his pain medication after he broke his hip.  My brother came from Texas to help him.  My dad's experience made me very conservative concerning pain medication for myself, even after surgery.  I hate to be in pain but I would hate even more to become like my dad was.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2012, 09:58:26 AM »

You make a very good point.  You must be afraid to take a pain pill even if you are really suffering, or at least I would be if I had your family history.  My parents were never alcoholics, but my dad did become somewhat dependent on his pain medication after he broke his hip.  My brother came from Texas to help him.  My dad's experience made me very conservative concerning pain medication for myself, even after surgery.  I hate to be in pain but I would hate even more to become like my dad was.

Actually, I barely think about it.  I like to drink, and I stick to good Scotch.  As I can go several weeks between bottles without even noticing I figure I am probably immune from that gene.  If I have genuine pain I will take vicodin or norco, I don't have a high tolerance for pain and I have a lot of things I need to get done in any given day.

Part of it is genetic pre-disposition, some of it is weakness of character, and some of it is just plain selfishness.  My world revolves entirely around my children, in a way that my parents never even understood was possible or desirable, and they are completely dependent on me as the sole earner.  I would never let them be hurt by my actions like that.  I also believe strongly in self-reliance, and being an addict means that you ultimately have to rely on other people for almost everything.  I could never do that, it just doesn't jive with my spazziness.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2012, 10:15:33 AM »
My dad's whole world revolved around my mom the way yours does around your kids, so when she died, his whole world was shattered.  He broke his hip after that.  My mother never would have let him take more pain pills than he was supposed to take, if she had still been alive.  He was in the beginning stages of dementia then although we didn't realize this and know how bad it was until later.  For example, if he took a nap, when he woke up, he thought it was morning and he would take all his medicine again.  Even after my brother came to help him, he was so completely convinced that it was morning again that my very big brother had trouble dealing with him.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2012, 02:02:56 PM »
I confess.. I'm pretty much speechless the last couple of days. I just lack the intention to say something/whatever via fora.. but also in real life. Mmmm, is this a matter of concern, I'm wondering, atm..
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2012, 07:00:59 PM »
I confess.. I'm pretty much speechless the last couple of days. I just lack the intention to say something/whatever via fora.. but also in real life. Mmmm, is this a matter of concern, I'm wondering, atm..
I confess I've known you a lot of years and you've always gone through periods of that. I think it comes in waves and then it seems to pass. Although i wonder if maybe you can trace it back to a certain trigger possibly? I go through anti-social waves, the degree of which tends to fluctuate.

Regardless, hope you find some comfort :hug:
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2012, 07:16:40 PM »
  I confess I had no idea MLA was from a Mormon family!  :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2012, 07:18:48 PM »
I confess my church has been confused with the Mormons for so long that the church went to worldwide vote and actually changed the name. :laugh:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2012, 05:04:17 AM »
I confess my church has been confused with the Mormons for so long that the church went to worldwide vote and actually changed the name. :laugh:

What church is that? :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein