Educational

Author Topic: I confess...  (Read 5063 times)

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
Re: I confess...
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2012, 07:28:57 PM »
I confess this is the first time in my life I've been without any pets. It sucks.

:hug:  I too need animals in my life to feel complete.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2012, 11:27:54 PM »
I confess.. I bite my fingernails. Often a bit too short.  :orly:
I confess that I pick at mine. Never have bitten them. It is bad enough, though, that my psych thinks it is an autistic behaviour and we have been working on ways to try and stop it. I would like to have normal-looking nails.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2012, 07:06:32 AM »
I confess this is the first time in my life I've been without any pets. It sucks.

Thanks :) That is exactly it. I need them to feel whole. I confess this is the kitty that I want to adopt. He's in my rescue and here is the wild thing. I remember vividly the day he came into the rescue and I fell in love with them. He has a spot on his side that looks like a heart and over a year later, all of his siblings have been adopted and he's still with us. He's had SO many approved adopters but for one reason or another they all fall through and I can't help but think that maybe it's because he was meant for me.

http://www.adoptapet.com/pet/4181251-toronto-ontario-cat

I'm almost at a point where I can adopt him.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2012, 02:46:52 PM »

Thanks :) That is exactly it. I need them to feel whole. I confess this is the kitty that I want to adopt. He's in my rescue and here is the wild thing. I remember vividly the day he came into the rescue and I fell in love with them. He has a spot on his side that looks like a heart and over a year later, all of his siblings have been adopted and he's still with us. He's had SO many approved adopters but for one reason or another they all fall through and I can't help but think that maybe it's because he was meant for me.

He looks like a cat that would love you even more if you adopted another furball to come with him.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2012, 02:53:49 PM »
____

Why are quite a few of folk, who are religious, so behind the back-like, I wonder. Well, confessing here.. there's almost nothing I loathe more than folks that go behind the back.

I confess.. I'm quite allergic for 'achterbaksheid'.. or to those that are such.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

TheoK

« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2012, 02:58:18 PM »
Funny word. It's a bit similar to the Swedish bakdantare.  :thumbup:

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2012, 06:00:28 PM »

He looks like a cat that would love you even more if you adopted another furball to come with him.
I'm not getting him until I know I can get the puppy around the same time. He loves any sort of animal. He has two large breed dogs in his foster home and loves to sleep and play with them. So I'm hoping to get him and the Leo relatively close together although he will most likely come first :)
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

midlifeaspie

« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2012, 09:28:53 AM »
I want my attorney. I have nothing else to say.  :finger:

TITCR

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2012, 09:31:32 AM »

midlifeaspie

« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2012, 09:35:02 AM »

TITCR

???

This is the credited response

(The "right" answer in law school jargon)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2012, 09:42:51 AM »

TITCR

???

This is the credited response

(The "right" answer in law school jargon)

Thanks.  My husband and I have been trying to drill this response into our daughter because chances are she will need it at some point in the future.

The special school for autistic children she used to attend planned a field trip to the police station because they wanted the kids to see policemen as their friends, but my husband and I refused to allow her to go.  That's the only field trip we ever refused to allow, and we explained why.  The school got one of the armed policemen to come to the school to see her anyway and my husband was very upset.  She asked the policeman why he was carrying a gun to kill people when killing people was not OK.  I don't know how he answered her.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2012, 05:33:43 PM »
I confess I pushed away Meadow on purpose because I was afraid to be her friend.

It was actually subconcious. I normally don't realize why I do shit till after the fact. Hindsight and all that. :p

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2012, 12:25:53 PM »
Meadow made it easy to push her away. I would have liked to push her a little further than that... like over the edge of a cliff. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2012, 07:36:52 PM »
I confess I'm not surprised (and that comment has nothing to do with the statement above :laugh: )

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2012, 07:37:57 PM »
I confess I sing songs about my cat's buttholes.