Author Topic: I confess...  (Read 5079 times)

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
Re: I confess...
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2012, 05:57:13 AM »
I confess.. I'm pretty much speechless the last couple of days. I just lack the intention to say something/whatever via fora.. but also in real life. Mmmm, is this a matter of concern, I'm wondering, atm..
I confess I've known you a lot of years and you've always gone through periods of that. I think it comes in waves and then it seems to pass. Although i wonder if maybe you can trace it back to a certain trigger possibly? I go through anti-social waves, the degree of which tends to fluctuate.

Regardless, hope you find some comfort :hug:

Thank you, MissK. +

And yes, you're right.. it is a sort of tidal wave thing. I know/see/accept it.. and ja, it will pass again. Um, think I know what triggers it too but feel no need to vent it, really.

Well, basically I'm pushing stuff forward (procrastinating) that need to be done.. regardless me postponing it now/last weeks.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2012, 06:12:36 AM »
  I confess I had no idea MLA was from a Mormon family!  :orly:
I confess my church has been confused with the Mormons for so long that the church went to worldwide vote and actually changed the name. :laugh:

What church is that? :-\
The Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. They shared the same founder, but only for the first 8 years. In 1850, the church divided over the issue of polygamy. Those that believed in polygamy became the Mormons (LDS) and those that did not, because what developed to be my church (RLDS). My church went to a worldwide vote in 2001 and changed its name to the Community of Christ. But it's very different from the Mormon faith. We have women in the priesthood. Support gay marriage, gay priesthood members etc. Overall, it's a very liberal church. My congregation meets on Sunday evenings in a coffee house and everyone is in jeans and tshirts and it's not your typical bible thumping experience. I think that's why I didn't have such strong aversion to religion. It was never forced on me. I was encourage by my parents to see what else is out there and explore and learn and come to my own conclusions. Overall I'm more spiritual than religious but I'm comfortable with where my beliefs stand but I tend to keep it private. Not because I'm ashamed, but because I don't feel right "preaching" to people about things that are personal. :dunno:
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

midlifeaspie

« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2012, 02:08:11 PM »
I confess my church has been confused with the Mormons for so long that the church went to worldwide vote and actually changed the name. :laugh:

The Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. They shared the same founder, but only for the first 8 years. In 1850, the church divided over the issue of polygamy. Those that believed in polygamy became the Mormons (LDS) and those that did not, because what developed to be my church (RLDS). My church went to a worldwide vote in 2001 and changed its name to the Community of Christ. But it's very different from the Mormon faith. We have women in the priesthood. Support gay marriage, gay priesthood members etc. Overall, it's a very liberal church. My congregation meets on Sunday evenings in a coffee house and everyone is in jeans and tshirts and it's not your typical bible thumping experience. I think that's why I didn't have such strong aversion to religion. It was never forced on me. I was encourage by my parents to see what else is out there and explore and learn and come to my own conclusions. Overall I'm more spiritual than religious but I'm comfortable with where my beliefs stand but I tend to keep it private. Not because I'm ashamed, but because I don't feel right "preaching" to people about things that are personal. :dunno:

Do they still base their faith on the Book of Mormon?

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2012, 02:13:39 PM »

Prolly the unrevised one before Joseph Smith decided to cover his infidelities with more lies.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2012, 02:16:45 PM »

Prolly the unrevised one before Joseph Smith decided to cover his infidelities with more lies.

I have no idea what that means.  Please enlighten me :)

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2012, 02:32:02 PM »

Prolly the unrevised Book of Mormon before Joseph Smith decided to cover his infidelities with more lies.

Does that help?

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2012, 02:40:37 PM »

Prolly the unrevised Book of Mormon before Joseph Smith decided to cover his infidelities with more lies.

Does that help?

No  :-\

What revisions do you speak of?  What are the differences between the two books?

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2012, 03:05:21 PM »

Does that help?

No  :-\

What revisions do you speak of?  What are the differences between the two books?

http://www.mormonwiki.org/Changes_in_the_Book_of_Mormon

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2012, 07:16:01 AM »

No, it's based on the Bible but the Book of Mormon is still used. There might be a passage read in a service but it's not the foundation of the church.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2012, 05:21:47 PM »
  I confess that my last church confession was about 25 years ago.  >:D
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2012, 05:27:20 PM »
I confess I've never done a church confession  :nerdy:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2012, 05:29:06 PM »

It's very serious business.  You go into the confessional and tell the priest
   all of your sins.  Then you express contrition and receive your penance.   :orly:

People forget.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #117 on: September 30, 2012, 05:56:17 PM »

all of your sins.  Then you express contrition and receive your penance.   :orly:

I had to lie in the confessional.........couldnt think of anything to confess, so  I just made shit up.

Is lying and saying you are a sinner, when you didnt do anything, a sin?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #118 on: September 30, 2012, 05:59:54 PM »

I had to lie in the confessional.........couldnt think of anything to confess, so  I just made shit up.

1.) Yes, lying is a sin.
   2.) But all have sinned, I'm sure you did  something.
   3.) I assign you 10 Hail Marys!   :pope:

People forget.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #119 on: September 30, 2012, 07:36:56 PM »

1.) Yes, lying is a sin.
   2.) But all have sinned, I'm sure you did  something.
   3.) I assign you 10 Hail Marys!   :pope:

And if the Marys aren't available, you can have Susan, Lucille, Cathy, Tiffany, Gloria, Alice, Betty, Sheila, Hortense and Loretta.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: