Author Topic: i guess walking down the street is a crime now  (Read 958 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: i guess walking down the street is a crime now
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2012, 07:03:59 PM »
Theres a big bookstore in the country that takes me an hour to walk to, I walked there about a year ago, and on the way back got lost and wandered thru a rich kind of "gated community" of mansions (it wasnt gated but very isolated and rich) stopped by the cops on bikes, what are you doing here we don't know you, you're a burgular, you look nervous where's the weed, etc.  Patted me down all over.  Felt a bit embaressed esp. as they said "what you just walk around all day huh" and questioned me about my train tickets and why I go to places.

What fuck heads. I would be asking them questions and getting names.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2012, 08:39:36 PM »
Unfortunately, some cops think if you do not have a badge, you are their enemy. It seems they were overly paranoid. The cops you ran into sound like one a relative of mine knew that would not open the door to his car with having his gun drawn. Paranoid Schizophrenia can be acquired, and the cops you ran into sound like they are headed down that road. If it happens again, ask to speak to their Lieutenant.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2012, 09:41:30 PM »
When my dad went to visit his girlfriends family in Florida, he was stopped by the police for walking - it was a nice evening so he went for a wander. They thought this most peculiar, but seemed to chalk it up to "Crazy Brits".

I did the same whilst I was out there - it was a nice evening, so I thought I'd go for a wander. Lot of rubbernecking, but thankfully no police decided to take umbridge at it (especially since I'm a gobby little shite and WILL refuse a search).