Author Topic: I'm not a vegetarian anymore  (Read 861 times)

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
I'm not a vegetarian anymore
« on: December 10, 2009, 10:23:27 PM »
Nope not anymore. I have been one since I was 14. I'm 21 now and last week I ate some escargo in mushroom caps they were really good.
I got some chicken at the deli today it felt liberating eating it for some reason and my freind Chucki was going "Look everybody! Marlys eating chicken!"
Now im eating moose stew. It's really good. It's hunted moose from the wild. My dads freind caught it so it's not factory farm shit.

I'm losing my bleeding heart ways. What did humans eat when the ice age came? How can vegetation and fruit grow in the dead of winter? I can't believe  I believed in that hippy dippy bullshit.
Park.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: I'm not a vegetarian anymore
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 10:31:40 PM »
I have wondered myself how people could have survived harsh winters if they never ate meat.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 12:03:20 AM »
Escargo in mushroom caps?
 :puke:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Blasted

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 12:12:54 AM »
I survived harsh Polish winters meat-free  8)

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 12:26:04 AM »
I survived harsh Polish winters meat-free  8)
They are talking about before we had it where we could get vegetables and fruit from anywhere, like places where the ground isn't frozen and you can grow such things.   You can eat frozen veggies even, or canned veggies/fruit.   That is in the modern day.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 05:07:16 AM »
I thought that come the end of the Ice Age the robust vegoes had scarcity of food and too much competition and died out but the slender meat eaters had too much competition with the large and mid range meat eaters and the scavengers and the carrion feeders and had to settle with using crude implements to break the scull of the discarded skeletons for the protein enriched marrow and brain trapped behind hard to penetrate bones and thus guarantee success of the human race. That was just my understanding.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 06:09:52 AM »
My daughter is a veggie at 11 she never liked meat except sausage and bologna and we let her recently try being a veggie.  One of my sons was for awhile then quit my other son says he wants to be a meatataian  :laugh:  I never got animals are warm and fuzzy and taste so good they are irresistible
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Elmonator

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 06:45:02 AM »
I like tuna fishies :twitch:

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 09:50:25 AM »
When I was a kid/teen all I wanted to eat was meat, nothing else. Now I don't mind some nice vegies, cauliflower with cheese sauce for example.

Blasted

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 09:53:55 AM »
I never liked meat.  All I used to eat was chicken and sausages as a kid.  So giving that up wasn't like a tragic loss or anything.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 11:10:54 AM »
My hypothalamus complains when I don't eat enough meat.  I'm naturally muscular, and I think my muscles soak up a lot of the amino acids that would otherwise be used in the rest of my body, which leaves me feeling hungry and unsatisfied if I don't eat meat or some other high quality protein source with most meals.  I only eat a small amount of meat on a per-meal basis though, and probably about 80% of my calories are derived from plants.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Scrapheap

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2009, 01:05:07 PM »
I thought that come the end of the Ice Age the robust vegoes had scarcity of food and too much competition and died out but the slender meat eaters had too much competition with the large and mid range meat eaters and the scavengers and the carrion feeders and had to settle with using crude implements to break the scull of the discarded skeletons for the protein enriched marrow and brain trapped behind hard to penetrate bones and thus guarantee success of the human race. That was just my understanding.

Not sure where you heard this, but this is Anthropology 101 FAIL! The last major Ice Age helped wipe out the Homo Neanderthalis, which were very stocky and robust. They had a daily calorie requirement in the 5,000-7,000 range and were almost exclusively meat-eaters. They were futher hamperd by the fact that their brains never developed the idea to make projectile weapons and therefore were very often injured in fights with the animals they were hunting. Homo Sapiens an the other hand, were much more slender and only required 2,000-4,000 caloreis per day, were omnivorous and had throwing spears (atlatl). The scavanging of carcasses (breaking open the bones to get to the marrow) likely goes all the way back to Austalipithicus Aferensis, 3.5 million years ago.

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2009, 02:08:42 PM »
Escargo in mushroom caps?
 :puke:

Have you ever tried it?  It tastes like salty ooy gooey goodness. Their filling too. You stuff em in the caps add some pesto sauce, cheese and mmmmmmm the nectar of the goddesses. Snails are a lot more sanitary then what comes out of those factory farms better protein too.

Sinsce I have had meat I'm not constantly hungry. A vegetarian diet contains too many carbs and since I've been veggie I have been caring a little bit of pudge. I'm not
fat but I can do better. I never had that extra five pounds of pudge when I used to eat meat.
I don't like pork. I never did in the pre-veggie years. So I won't eat it. Red meat is kinda ick. and bedsides you are what you eat, you eat pigs you'll look like a pig
you eat small amounts of moose meat you'll be lean and strong like a moose. My mom has always taught me that have you ever noticed that fat people look like the food they eat? im not gonna post pics cause it's fucking gross.
Park.

Scrapheap

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009, 06:14:59 PM »
Nope not anymore. I have been one since I was 14. I'm 21 now and last week I ate some escargo in mushroom caps they were really good.
I got some chicken at the deli today it felt liberating eating it for some reason and my freind Chucki was going "Look everybody! Marlys eating chicken!"
Now im eating moose stew. It's really good. It's hunted moose from the wild. My dads freind caught it so it's not factory farm shit.

I'm losing my bleeding heart ways. What did humans eat when the ice age came? How can vegetation and fruit grow in the dead of winter? I can't believe  I believed in that hippy dippy bullshit.

Good to hear you're no longer an omnivore in denial.  :thumbup: Your ancestors didn't claw their way to the top of the food chain to eat rabbit food.

Chicken and turkey are 2 of the best meats along with fish IMO. I like the idea of eating poultry because birds are descended from dinosaurs. It's a bit like getting revenge because their ancestors ate our ancestors.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2009, 11:15:01 PM »
I like the idea of eating poultry because birds are descended from dinosaurs. It's a bit like getting revenge because their ancestors ate our ancestors.

:lol: