Author Topic: Only in America..  (Read 872 times)

TheoK

Re: Only in America..
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 11:53:01 AM »
But cars were never made for killing people, yet they kill 500 Swedes a year.

And not to be cynical but: do you really feel sorry for animals getting killed for being meat or criminals being killed by law-abiding citizens? I don't.

Blasted

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 11:59:17 AM »
Who cares?  That's the fault of people not guns themselves as they use a car in an incorrect way.  The same can't be said for guns because killing is what they're meant to do.

Also, it's not people's place to judge who the "criminal" or who the "law-biding citizen" is as it's usually more complicated than that in life Lit.  I do feel sorry for animals getting killed for meat hence why I'm a vegeterian but I'm not imposing my views on you with this, so I don't see why you should bring it up in the first place as it's pretty irrelevant.

Scrapheap

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 12:25:02 PM »
That's a stupid counter-argument because guns don't have any other uses except for killing live beings.  Oh yeah, you can take it out and shoot it at targets and what not but the fact remains that it's primary use is to kill things.  That's what they are manufactured for.  Obviously you can kill using a number of different objects that weren't necessarily made for that purpose  ::)

Guns are also used for self defense almost a million times a year in America. The vast amjority of these times, not a single shot was fired. The would-be criminal sees the gun and makes a hasty retreat. So much for your "theory".  ::) ::) ::)

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 01:03:08 PM »
What about BB guns, they're not designed to kill anything, nor really can they kill anything bigger than a squrrel when used as designed, but point blank in the eye and into the brain could still kill a human, so does that make them bad?

What would you rather, be shot, or be pickaxed?
Autism Speaks would like to remind you that you don't exist, because there are no Autistic adults and autistic children are too braindead to be able to use a computer.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 01:08:32 PM »
People can intentionally kill others without weapons. :zoinks:

Blasted

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 01:22:34 PM »
What about BB guns, they're not designed to kill anything, nor really can they kill anything bigger than a squrrel when used as designed, but point blank in the eye and into the brain could still kill a human, so does that make them bad?

Me, I'd rather not get killed at all thank you very much  :zoinks:  Just to humour you though, using a pickaxe or a knife introduces a personal element that a lot of people wouldn't be willing to deal with, not to mention such attacks are also probably less likely to be fatal.  It's easier to be detached and make a hasty decision with a gun while knives and such are messy.  Not to mention axes and knives do have other intended uses.  Guns don't.  Which brings me back to my main point.

You can't escape the fact that guns are made for killing things.  Whatever you may argue, that is their primary function. 

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 01:25:38 PM »
He already knows guns kill, but is trying to point out that they can be an necessary evil. Read his fucking posts. ::)

Blasted

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2009, 01:28:07 PM »
He already knows guns kill, but is trying to point out that they can be an necessary evil. Read his fucking posts. ::)

I am reading, fatty  ::)

You seem to be following the wrong argument here.  What we're talking about is that guns are not evil but people are.  Dunno what you're on about personally  :zoinks:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2009, 01:45:29 PM »
Guns are not evil on their own. The intention behind using it can be "evil". :zoinks:

But if you live in a rough area, you'd need guns to protect yourself... otherwise you'll be fucked over sideways.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2009, 03:04:23 PM »
Guns are not evil on their own. The intention behind using it can be "evil". :zoinks:

But if you live in a rough area, you'd need guns to protect yourself... otherwise you'll be fucked over sideways.

Very true. I think it is sad that Lit POV seems more rational than Bint's.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2009, 03:24:25 PM »
are you obsessed with her or something?

why do you keep following her around on here? ???

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2009, 04:19:13 PM »

...not to mention such attacks are also probably less likely to be fatal...

I don't quite understand your logic, you're saying that a 1 foot long 3 inch wide pointed metal shaft being driven into your chest cavity would be less likely to be fatal than a 1/4" chunk of lead?
Autism Speaks would like to remind you that you don't exist, because there are no Autistic adults and autistic children are too braindead to be able to use a computer.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2009, 05:22:50 PM »
Guns suck.

Guns don't suck, they're really nothing more than toy or a tool that can be used recreationally or as a tool to provide food and protection. Confrontational assholes who have to hide behind a gun to prove themselves suck tremendously.

They do.  They are built to kill.

Yes, they are. And cars are made to transport people. And here in Sweden about 500 people are killed by cars every year and 10-20 people are killed in gun crimes, most of them by illegal guns. So...are the guns bad or the people who are using them? The cars or the people who are using them?
I would like to see the ratio of hours that guns are used, and the hours that cars are used in total. And then compare the mortality range.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2009, 05:32:43 PM »
People can intentionally kill others without weapons. :zoinks:
Exactly - martial arts are legal. I am learning to get around the lack of guns that way.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2009, 08:06:25 PM »
Killing people is awesome, so guns are awesome.
:P   Internets are super serious.