Educational

Author Topic: What do you think is ok to steal?  (Read 775 times)

Frolic_Fun

Re: What do you think is ok to steal?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 02:46:05 PM »
Took a photography magazine last week.

Offline Serenity

• one
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 02:53:44 PM »
You some photography student then?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 03:07:24 PM »
Is it okay to steal the heart of a beautiful charming woman?  :zoinks:

Depends if you are going to use it for transplant :zoinks:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 03:54:06 PM »
Is it okay to steal the heart of a beautiful charming woman?  :zoinks:

Depends if you are going to use it for transplant :zoinks:

I just sell them, what ever the buyer does with them is their business.  :zombiefuck:

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2009, 05:06:30 PM »
I've stolen things from shops.

I think it's alright.  I wouldn't steal from an individual though cause that's just wrong.

The company's shareholders might disagree with you there. :)

Obviously stealing from a shop affects some individuals but it's not the same as if I went around stealing people's purses. 
It creates an entire security industry.   Without shoplifters, we would not need as many security guards.

Nor would insurance premiums be as insanely high. Theft is theft, whether or not you are looking into the face of the one you are stealing from.

Blasted

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2009, 05:40:53 PM »

I think it's alright.  I wouldn't steal from an individual though cause that's just wrong.

Obviously stealing from a shop affects some individuals but it's not the same as if I went around stealing people's purses. 
It creates an entire security industry.   Without shoplifters, we would not need as many security guards.

Nor would insurance premiums be as insanely high. Theft is theft, whether or not you are looking into the face of the one you are stealing from.

No one is saying it isn't theft if you steal from somewhere like WHSmith's  ::)  I just object to stealing from people individually on moral grounds  8) 

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2009, 06:38:15 PM »
I've only stolen bases and home.

Scrapheap

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 11:38:12 PM »
I have eaten a grape from the bag I was about to buy at the grocery store before to see if it is seedless and I have given my daughter a banana to eat in the grocery store a few times, although I always made the cashier ring up an extra banana of the same size from the bunch at the register to make sure I paid for it.

Please turn yourself in to the County Sheriff before you strike again! I had no idea you were such a dreg of society.  ::)

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 01:51:42 AM »

No one is saying it isn't theft if you steal from somewhere like WHSmith's  ::)  I just object to stealing from people individually on moral grounds  8) 

Ah, I get it now. Stealing from one person at a time is immoral, but stealing from more than one person at a time is ethically sound. I'm sure the magistrate will understand when you put it that way. ;D

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2009, 06:49:06 AM »

Ah, I get it now. Stealing from one person at a time is immoral, but stealing from more than one person at a time is ethically sound. I'm sure the magistrate will understand when you put it that way. ;D

If you kill one person or a few people, you are a murderer. If you kill millions.... well you get the picture.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2009, 08:55:04 AM »
Nothing. It's just not my thing.

Blasted

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2009, 08:58:06 AM »
I once stole a goat and named her Theodora  8)

Celticgoddess

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2009, 09:06:05 AM »
That's why you can't visit my farm. You might steal my goats.

Blasted

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2009, 09:08:27 AM »
I thought they were llamas?  :laugh:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2009, 10:33:35 AM »

You might aswell steal from individuals though, at both forms as just as bad as each other. So "on moral grounds" is a bit fucking stupid. But it is a LOT more difficult to do without getting caught.