Educational

Author Topic: Stun Guns  (Read 440 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Stun Guns
« on: December 07, 2009, 08:24:44 PM »
My teens had one today and were playing around shocking each other.  I had never experience on before  and tried it  what a tingle after a little pain and involuntary movement if felt kinda good tingly and glowing.  I ended up zapping myself about ten times.  Strange thing e was two other people liked it too anyone else have any experience with them.  Needless to say my pain centers are screwed up to the piont I like the feeling of a hammer to the knee too
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Stun Guns
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 08:26:48 PM »
I want one.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 08:27:57 PM »
I do too now
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Scrapheap

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 08:28:14 PM »
You and PMS Elle woulkd make a good team.

Her the sadist, and you the masochist.  ;) :LOL:

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 09:18:31 PM »
Cheap ones feel cool, expensive ones on the other hand, you don't really feel anything until you regain consciousness.
Autism Speaks would like to remind you that you don't exist, because there are no Autistic adults and autistic children are too braindead to be able to use a computer.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 10:46:45 PM »
Don't tase me bro.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 04:15:31 AM »
Sounds like fun. :)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 04:39:00 AM »
Never heard of toy stun guns, but I'm another person who enjoys or at least doesn't mind the sensation of mild to moderate electric currents.  Electric cattle fences are too big a jolt for me, but I accidentally zapped my hand with some 240VAC a couple of weeks ago while working on a broken water pump, and the shock was just about at the upper threshold of what I could take without too much discomfort, however I've no idea what the amperage was, since it depends on how conductive my skin was at the time and how good the contact was.  If I used electrode pads and conductive gel with 240V AC, it would be a different story.

I've got a circular scar on my right arm that looks like a cigarette burn, which I got while experimenting with passing electric currents through my brain.  I was using 20mA at 24VDC, which produced a barely noticeable tingle/itch, but I left the electrodes on for too long on one of my attempts, and when I removed them, there was a purple circle where the cells had been killed through the full thickness of the skin on my arm, and some smaller marks on my forehead from milder burns.  The burn on my arm turned into a pit with a scabby bottom and sides when my phagocytes removed the necrotic tissue, and the skin slowly regrew from the edges over the course of the next couple of months.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 11:50:51 AM »
Probably works like a TENS unit, just maybe higher voltage.  :laugh:

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 01:51:26 PM »

I've found it depends on the type of voltage. DC tends to be more painful than AC.

No matter the voltage, it's the current that will get you.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 06:02:44 PM »
My gran used to grab the electric cattle fence. She said it helped her a lot with her rheumatic pains. That was before it was high voltage though. She was a bit odd.  :green:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 07:14:56 PM »
My gran used to grab the electric cattle fence. She said it helped her a lot with her rheumatic pains. That was before it was high voltage though. She was a bit odd.  :green:

Some electric fences, especially homemade ones are just a constant current, sometimes low voltage, sometimes standard mains voltage (but less strong due to impedance in the wire).  The ones you have to watch out for are the store bought ones where a capacitor inside the controller charges up and sends out a strong current.  On these ones, there can be almost no constant current, but when something conductive in contact with the ground (an animal for example) touches the wire), it suddenly puts out a pulse in the area of a thousand volts.

The older ones where it's just a constant current aren't so bad in certain areas since the impedence in the wire significantly cuts down on the voltage as you go further from the source.
Autism Speaks would like to remind you that you don't exist, because there are no Autistic adults and autistic children are too braindead to be able to use a computer.