Author Topic: Banks, Banking and Business hours  (Read 254 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Banks, Banking and Business hours
« on: January 16, 2010, 09:49:24 PM »
In this world of computers outsourcing and ATMs why do we still have these antiquated ideas like business days?  I put a good sized check in the bank yesterday but because of fucking Martin Luther  King I will not have access to the funds till Tuesday.  Why is it do they still cling to this 9 to 3 five days a week when most of it is done by computer anyway? Computers don't get MLK day off and neither does most of the people in this country except bankers and government workers.  When I pay things online it is an immediate deduction from my account  why can't all things be this way?  I go to a lumber yard that has a machine they scan your checks in and suck the money right out of your account regardless of the time or day so it can be done
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Scrapheap

Re: Banks, Banking and Business hours
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 09:53:58 PM »
I dunno, but it's also Robert E. Lee's birthday, so I'm going down to my local AME church to paint the Stars and Bars on the front door.  :evillaugh:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 12:38:51 AM »
I dunno, but it's also Robert E. Lee's birthday, so I'm going down to my local AME church to paint the Stars and Bars on the front door.  :evillaugh:

When I was young and living in Fla that's what the day off was for not MLK day
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 11:27:04 AM »
Dealt with one bank in the past (my ex's) and hated dealing with them, so I switched after we were divorced.

Present bank was just taken over by them, switched my free checking to interest checking, which with the way I suck it down every month would mean fees out the ass. Switched my mom's accounts over to something she didn't want...all for our "convenience".

Got mine straightened out, mom was told she had to close out her accounts and reopen them (in person) to correct her situation, then they couldn't "completely" close out the accounts because interest was due to be credited to them, so we would have to come back in and close them out a second time after the interest was credited and before they tacked on a fee for the account not meeting the min balance.

After providing 3 forms of id and spending 1/2 hour of my time I finally got the accounts (totaling a whopping $2.56) closed out after dealing with these fucktards for over a month.

I hate banks.

We would have switched banks, but unfortunately they are now the only one around here other than a credit union (that doesn't provide free online access).

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 08:22:11 PM »
they do it becuase they get to earn interest on your money before you get to use it.  multiply you by ten million customers and they are raking it in off your money.
Misunderstood.