Educational

Author Topic: I hope Les has another heart attack soon  (Read 13404 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: I hope Les has another heart attack soon
« Reply #225 on: November 30, 2009, 04:17:17 PM »

Anorexia is something that if you are psychologically strong enough, you can fight off and many people do; hence how it becomes a lifestyle choice, along with the LGBT stuff. The same cannot be said for AIDS, AS and so on.

The only way being trans is a lifestyle choice is in that I have the guts to live openly as a transgendered person, despite the problems that causes me pretty much every day (and no, I don't moan about it on this forum. I don't think I ever even mention those problems as I try to just ignore it)
AS at 19 (was it). TG at 21. No wonder people find it hard to take you seriously. Even worse, your behavior (and the sizable chunk of people on the spectrum like you) really undermines our credibility as people on the spectrum. Congratulations.
It takes a lot to live openly as a trans person. That's the only lifestyle choice really (the same for gay people). Whether you choose to be yourself or choose to hide because of people like you. And I don't blame those who choose to hide it. It can be extremely difficult IRL (dangerous sometimes as well, although probably more so for transwomen).
It is not about being yourself, it is about a lifestyle choice. No one here has presented any evidence that being trans is anything but a lifestyle choice. Why? Because it is one.

TG at 21? lol I've been open about being trans since I was 17, and can look back at my childhood and see it there too, I just didn't know what it was back then.

And what's wrong with getting a late diagnosis, hadron? Lots of people do. I was able to hide a lot of my problems when I was in school. I'm more proud of my achievements so far than I would be if I was in your position mate.
I am sure Amanda Baggs would throw me that line too. The difference is, because of my own choices, I am very likely to have a nice job and life 5 years from now. Where are you? Where are you going to be? That is what you should be seriously thinking about, not friviloties such as reineventing your sexuality.

Because of your own choices?

I take it those are choices having to do with your ASD?

Is ASD a lifestyle for you, where you can make choices? Amazing. Well done.

In that case, either, you don't have ASD, or you, for you and you alone, can treat your neurotype, gender, sexual orientation and race as a lifestyle. And leave us wondering why you chose to be an ASD, male, heterosexual white man. Why not a NT, male, heterosexual white man?

OK, maybe you weren't talking about ASD, please enlighten us then what choices you do mean.
There are some great people with ASD's and some weak people with ASD's. Lets just say I know which category I want to fit into and make a choice.

Did you choose to be strong? Or were you born strong? And are you strong indeed?
I made the choice to be stronger compared to being weaker. It is a combination of being born strong and choosing to be strong. Unfortunately a good load of us lack self respect and choose to be weak, to all our detriment.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #226 on: November 30, 2009, 04:18:03 PM »
Who are these "other people" who aren't gonna take me seriously?
You're creating these people in your head hadron. Complete bullshit.

So what is someone with Klinefelter's syndrome? A man or a woman? (in your expert opinion)
Male - ask the experts if you like. Having a Y chromosome makes someone male. People with XXY are referred to in general as male.
Next...
lol Magic boobs away. Some of the other guys on this forum have bigger boobs than me  :zoinks:

PMSElle - I'd like to "grab a coffee" with you someday too, if that's what they're calling it these days :chin:
Well as I actually have a lot of contact with real people, have set up and ran two very successful autism awareness events (which involved quell-surprise talking to people that need winning over, along with a good lot on our side). Who have you actually talked to? You really have no experience and no clue.

As for Aspergers, we have to define it as people who are unable to fit in, rather than just as eccentric. There has to be a compelling reason why people cannot fit in and yes the social expectations that people with AS cannot meet should be lifted. Though when people like you revel in being the pariah for no good reason, it is a lot harder to persuade people.

I don't get it. I truly don't get it.

I try understanding the reasoning of people. And often it has a logical coherence I can grasp. Even if I don't share the starting points. With you, I don't get where you start, I don't get your 'logic'. I try and I try. There is no-one here on the board I find harder to understand at least a bit than you. Probably goes both ways, that's OK.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 04:21:30 PM by hykeaswell »
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #227 on: November 30, 2009, 04:19:20 PM »

So what is someone with Klinefelter's syndrome? A man or a woman? (in your expert opinion)
Male - ask the experts if you like. Having a Y chromosome makes someone male. People with XXY are referred to in general as male.
Next...

So you accept that someone born and raised as girl can be a male?

I still don't see how I'm harming any other autistic person. I'm not even having surgery and have absolutely no plans to either. I could sit her and moan about how you're making us all look like we're just arrogant idiots who expects to get a first class degree just because he "deserves" it. But no, I'm not stupid enough to think that people will assume ALL autistic people are like you.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #228 on: November 30, 2009, 04:20:01 PM »
There are some great people with ASD's and some weak people with ASD's. Lets just say I know which category I want to fit into and make a choice.

Shame. We all want things we can't have sometimes.

Try living as an openly transgendered person for a while and tell me again that I'm weak  :thumbup:
There is bravery and stupidity. You fall into the latter catagory.

Care to explain how?

Celticgoddess

« Reply #229 on: November 30, 2009, 04:22:46 PM »

Shame. We all want things we can't have sometimes.

Try living as an openly transgendered person for a while and tell me again that I'm weak  :thumbup:
There is bravery and stupidity. You fall into the latter catagory.

Care to explain how?

Why on EARTH would you want to ask that? :lol: Here...let me just do you the favour now... :brickwall:

Blasted

« Reply #230 on: November 30, 2009, 04:23:14 PM »
It's all for the cauuuseee

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #231 on: November 30, 2009, 04:24:14 PM »

Next...

So you accept that someone born and raised as girl can be a male?
Not at all - look up John Money. XXY by defintion is male, having a single Y chromosome makes someone male. Anything else is female. How clear do I have to be.
I still don't see how I'm harming any other autistic person. I'm not even having surgery and have absolutely no plans to either. I could sit her and moan about how you're making us all look like we're just arrogant idiots who expects to get a first class degree just because he "deserves" it. But no, I'm not stupid enough to think that people will assume ALL autistic people are like you.
Your fighting the wrong battles, put simply. This TG stuff is a distraction that many with AS are going down and its an unhelpful path. Sort out your actual problems, rather than going after frivolties. Having a position is better than no position; what steps are you taking? What plan do you have?

By the way, stupidity is a form of weakness. Something you need to learn.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #232 on: November 30, 2009, 04:25:00 PM »

Anorexia is something that if you are psychologically strong enough, you can fight off and many people do; hence how it becomes a lifestyle choice, along with the LGBT stuff. The same cannot be said for AIDS, AS and so on.

The only way being trans is a lifestyle choice is in that I have the guts to live openly as a transgendered person, despite the problems that causes me pretty much every day (and no, I don't moan about it on this forum. I don't think I ever even mention those problems as I try to just ignore it)
AS at 19 (was it). TG at 21. No wonder people find it hard to take you seriously. Even worse, your behavior (and the sizable chunk of people on the spectrum like you) really undermines our credibility as people on the spectrum. Congratulations.
It takes a lot to live openly as a trans person. That's the only lifestyle choice really (the same for gay people). Whether you choose to be yourself or choose to hide because of people like you. And I don't blame those who choose to hide it. It can be extremely difficult IRL (dangerous sometimes as well, although probably more so for transwomen).
It is not about being yourself, it is about a lifestyle choice. No one here has presented any evidence that being trans is anything but a lifestyle choice. Why? Because it is one.

TG at 21? lol I've been open about being trans since I was 17, and can look back at my childhood and see it there too, I just didn't know what it was back then.

And what's wrong with getting a late diagnosis, hadron? Lots of people do. I was able to hide a lot of my problems when I was in school. I'm more proud of my achievements so far than I would be if I was in your position mate.
I am sure Amanda Baggs would throw me that line too. The difference is, because of my own choices, I am very likely to have a nice job and life 5 years from now. Where are you? Where are you going to be? That is what you should be seriously thinking about, not friviloties such as reineventing your sexuality.

Because of your own choices?

I take it those are choices having to do with your ASD?

Is ASD a lifestyle for you, where you can make choices? Amazing. Well done.

In that case, either, you don't have ASD, or you, for you and you alone, can treat your neurotype, gender, sexual orientation and race as a lifestyle. And leave us wondering why you chose to be an ASD, male, heterosexual white man. Why not a NT, male, heterosexual white man?

OK, maybe you weren't talking about ASD, please enlighten us then what choices you do mean.

Did you choose to be strong? Or were you born strong? And are you strong indeed?
I made the choice to be stronger compared to being weaker. It is a combination of being born strong and choosing to be strong. Unfortunately a good load of us lack self respect and choose to be weak, to all our detriment.

Explain where the good load of us lack self respect and choose to be weak. And explain how you choose to be strong there.

And have you made choices regarding your gender and your sexual orientation? Think knowing that might make it a bit easier to try and understand your reasoning.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #233 on: November 30, 2009, 04:26:30 PM »
rofl, Hadron lecturing people on stupidity...  :hahaha:

What I'm saying is, someone can appear to be 100% female externally, but actually be male, despite looking and being raised as a female? Yes?

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #234 on: November 30, 2009, 04:27:51 PM »

By the way, stupidity is a form of weakness. Something you need to learn.

Listen to the master.  :lol:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #235 on: November 30, 2009, 04:28:00 PM »

Next...
lol Magic boobs away. Some of the other guys on this forum have bigger boobs than me  :zoinks:

PMSElle - I'd like to "grab a coffee" with you someday too, if that's what they're calling it these days :chin:
Well as I actually have a lot of contact with real people, have set up and ran two very successful autism awareness events (which involved quell-surprise talking to people that need winning over, along with a good lot on our side). Who have you actually talked to? You really have no experience and no clue.

As for Aspergers, we have to define it as people who are unable to fit in, rather than just as eccentric. There has to be a compelling reason why people cannot fit in and yes the social expectations that people with AS cannot meet should be lifted. Though when people like you revel in being the pariah for no good reason, it is a lot harder to persuade people.

I try understanding the reasoning of people. And often it has a logical coherence I can grasp. Even if I don't share the starting points. With you, I don't get where you start, I don't get your 'logic'. I try and I try. There is no-one here on the board I find harder to understand at least a bit than you. Probably goes both ways, that's OK.
What is so difficult to understand? I put the cause of AS well above the LGBT stuff, namely the other group are asking for an artifical lifestyle choice (yes gay culture was invented), we are asking to have some freedom to be who we are to a reasonable extent. Political capital is finite, if it gets wasted on LGBT stuff, it detracts from our cause. The effects are very real, 3% of us live independently, most of us do not get the support or acceptance we need. All thanks to most of our lot being lower down the agenda and not standing up with some self respect.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #236 on: November 30, 2009, 04:30:10 PM »
Of course the gay "culture" was invented. That doesn't mean the sexuality itself (or gender identity for that matter) was invented. Why should the cause of glbt people be any less important than that of autistic people?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #237 on: November 30, 2009, 04:32:26 PM »
rofl, Hadron lecturing people on stupidity...  :hahaha:

What I'm saying is, someone can appear to be 100% female externally, but actually be male, despite looking and being raised as a female? Yes?
No they can't.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #238 on: November 30, 2009, 04:33:46 PM »
Of course the gay "culture" was invented. That doesn't mean the sexuality itself (or gender identity for that matter) was invented. Why should the cause of glbt people be any less important than that of autistic people?

Obviously because they are demanding the right to follow a certain lifestyle choice, where as we are after the right to a life at all. Go figure.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #239 on: November 30, 2009, 04:34:56 PM »

Next...

What is so difficult to understand? I put the cause of AS well above the LGBT stuff, namely the other group are asking for an artifical lifestyle choice (yes gay culture was invented), we are asking to have some freedom to be who we are to a reasonable extent. Political capital is finite, if it gets wasted on LGBT stuff, it detracts from our cause. The effects are very real, 3% of us live independently, most of us do not get the support or acceptance we need. All thanks to most of our lot being lower down the agenda and not standing up with some self respect.

Comparing apples to oranges.

Since when is someone being gay robbing support of someone being on the spectrum?

Since when is being gay a handicap? Or being trans? It is a social challenge, and that should change. It's ridiculous that it is a social challenge.

If the world is more open to all kinds of diversity, there may be more places where autistics can fit in.

Autism is a handicap for some/most of us, not by choice, just matter of factly. Not in every aspect of life neseccarily, but in some aspects. It also is a huge social challenge. And that should change, but not by smearing people that are different from the way you want to present yourself.