Educational

Author Topic: I hope Les has another heart attack soon  (Read 13428 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: I hope Les has another heart attack soon
« Reply #180 on: November 30, 2009, 06:31:58 AM »
The transgendered bashing is making you guys sound like a bunch of fucking assholes. You don't have any idea what it is to be TG. I've spent a lot of years working in the LGBT community and have seen the struggles people go through. Soph is very secure in his sexuality and he sure as hell can fight his own battles. But this is a topic near and dear to my heart. I don't appreciate being bashed for my bi-sexuality and I can't stand by and see someone else who comes from the same community get bashed for where they fall on the sexual spectrum. And to think these comments come from people I have respect for.
You could make an identical argument about Anorexia, if you want to see the big flaws in your "logic".

TG is just another cop out for people with AS (and others) who are not brave enough to stand for who they actually are. Just like religion and a mulititude of other self-righteous ideologies.

it doesn't have to be, hadron. The problem arises when it is *used* as a cop-out, either by the person herself or somebody near her, but then, a multitude of conditions (from AS to TG to anorexia, etc) can be used for that same purpose.

I have no idea what it is like to be TG but it seems to me that Soph is not using it as a cop-out; if anything, she seems to be fairly secure in whatever she is. Bint, on the other hand, seems to be less confident and my guess is that it's why she resorts to posting all those pics.
No the difference between Anorexia (asides it being bad for you - though some girls beg to differ) and TG/ whatever is that AS is not a lifestyle choice or mental illness. By endorsing all these non-conditions then we completely undermine our own actual cause.

I believe that anorexia is not a lifestyle choice. Don't know about TG but I'd suspect that it's not a lifestyle choice either.
Anorexia is largely a symptom of being middle class, 40-50 years it did not really exist very much at all. Now its in the vogue.

AIDS didn't exist 50 years ago, either. Doesn't make it a lifestyle choice.
There is a difference in the medium it traverses: one is through biology, the other through the social medium (along with TG etc).

Not according to the doc that dx'd me, a couple of years ago. She also researched anorexia and did not regard it as a lifestyle choice.
Anorexia is something that if you are psychologically strong enough, you can fight off and many people do; hence how it becomes a lifestyle choice, along with the LGBT stuff. The same cannot be said for AIDS, AS and so on.

Not true, again according to my doc. But maybe you know better?
Then explain how people recover from Anorexia - it is perfectly treatable and over time curable.

Google is your friend. I'm not the expert here--my doc is--but I have heard enough to know that anorexia is not a lifestyle choice for lots of people out there. And it is treatable but not necessarily curable.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #181 on: November 30, 2009, 06:36:03 AM »
All this TG / whatever is a lifestyle choice, just like going to church. Some people are naive and get sucked in, just as ever.

For most TG is as much as a lifestyle choice as Autism, or Downs Syndrome. People are born with it. Gender Identity Disorder often manifests around early puberty, but sometimes much early.
Please - stop undermining actual causes. Lots of people with AS deciding that they are sexually confused helps us all how?

Blasted

« Reply #182 on: November 30, 2009, 06:37:52 AM »
Someone give Hadron a tinfoil hat plz.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #183 on: November 30, 2009, 06:38:56 AM »
 :tinfoil:

No, I'm keeping mine...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 06:41:11 AM by Singularity »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

GalileoAce

« Reply #184 on: November 30, 2009, 06:39:54 AM »
All this TG / whatever is a lifestyle choice, just like going to church. Some people are naive and get sucked in, just as ever.
For most TG is as much as a lifestyle choice as Autism, or Downs Syndrome. People are born with it. Gender Identity Disorder often manifests around early puberty, but sometimes much early.
Please - stop undermining actual causes. Lots of people with AS deciding that they are sexually confused helps us all how?

Actual causes?

And what makes you think they decide they're sexually confused? If sexuality were an easy choice surely the vast, VAST, majority would choose to be straight, it's easier that way, society is more accepting or such things. But sexuality isn't a choice, any more than the hair colour you're born with is. There is mountains of evidence to confirm this going back as far as the early 1960s. Perhaps even early if you look outside Western culture.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #185 on: November 30, 2009, 06:41:04 AM »

Anorexia is something that if you are psychologically strong enough, you can fight off and many people do; hence how it becomes a lifestyle choice, along with the LGBT stuff. The same cannot be said for AIDS, AS and so on.

The only way being trans is a lifestyle choice is in that I have the guts to live openly as a transgendered person, despite the problems that causes me pretty much every day (and no, I don't moan about it on this forum. I don't think I ever even mention those problems as I try to just ignore it)
AS at 19 (was it). TG at 21. No wonder people find it hard to take you seriously. Even worse, your behavior (and the sizable chunk of people on the spectrum like you) really undermines our credibility as people on the spectrum. Congratulations.
It takes a lot to live openly as a trans person. That's the only lifestyle choice really (the same for gay people). Whether you choose to be yourself or choose to hide because of people like you. And I don't blame those who choose to hide it. It can be extremely difficult IRL (dangerous sometimes as well, although probably more so for transwomen).
It is not about being yourself, it is about a lifestyle choice. No one here has presented any evidence that being trans is anything but a lifestyle choice. Why? Because it is one.

TG at 21? lol I've been open about being trans since I was 17, and can look back at my childhood and see it there too, I just didn't know what it was back then.

And what's wrong with getting a late diagnosis, hadron? Lots of people do. I was able to hide a lot of my problems when I was in school. I'm more proud of my achievements so far than I would be if I was in your position mate.
I am sure Amanda Baggs would throw me that line too. The difference is, because of my own choices, I am very likely to have a nice job and life 5 years from now. Where are you? Where are you going to be? That is what you should be seriously thinking about, not friviloties such as reineventing your sexuality.

The need to work, to have a job is a western construct. The correlation between having a job and having a life is spurious at best. A life is what you make. If Soph feels he has a life then so he does. I believe you were one who once called me arrogant, or self-righteous (as PPK just did) and yet here you are, acting the Mr High and Mighty decreeing that Soph has no life, whilst you are soon to acquire one. Well good luck with the 5 year plan. In the mean time, Soph, and myself will be enjoying our lives, in the way we see fit.
Sounds like you are both well on the path to long term happiness. What you have both done is nothing at all to be proud of. If you want to isolate yourselves, develop some lifeskills and move to Alaska.

Where as both of your 5-year plans sound to me like a "career on benefits", which sounds fantastically boring to me. Imagine if everyone to do that. We all should contribute a little at least, if we can.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #186 on: November 30, 2009, 06:44:30 AM »

Actual causes?

And what makes you think they decide they're sexually confused? If sexuality were an easy choice surely the vast, VAST, majority would choose to be straight, it's easier that way, society is more accepting or such things. But sexuality isn't a choice, any more than the hair colour you're born with is. There is mountains of evidence to confirm this going back as far as the early 1960s. Perhaps even early if you look outside Western culture.
Yeah sure there is, when someone decided that we would add sexual identity confusion onto the list of damaging lifestyle choices, along with all the ones already there. It is rare that some group of people are so arrogant as to be proud of doing so, though.

GalileoAce

« Reply #187 on: November 30, 2009, 06:56:01 AM »

The only way being trans is a lifestyle choice is in that I have the guts to live openly as a transgendered person, despite the problems that causes me pretty much every day (and no, I don't moan about it on this forum. I don't think I ever even mention those problems as I try to just ignore it)
AS at 19 (was it). TG at 21. No wonder people find it hard to take you seriously. Even worse, your behavior (and the sizable chunk of people on the spectrum like you) really undermines our credibility as people on the spectrum. Congratulations.
It takes a lot to live openly as a trans person. That's the only lifestyle choice really (the same for gay people). Whether you choose to be yourself or choose to hide because of people like you. And I don't blame those who choose to hide it. It can be extremely difficult IRL (dangerous sometimes as well, although probably more so for transwomen).
It is not about being yourself, it is about a lifestyle choice. No one here has presented any evidence that being trans is anything but a lifestyle choice. Why? Because it is one.

TG at 21? lol I've been open about being trans since I was 17, and can look back at my childhood and see it there too, I just didn't know what it was back then.

And what's wrong with getting a late diagnosis, hadron? Lots of people do. I was able to hide a lot of my problems when I was in school. I'm more proud of my achievements so far than I would be if I was in your position mate.
I am sure Amanda Baggs would throw me that line too. The difference is, because of my own choices, I am very likely to have a nice job and life 5 years from now. Where are you? Where are you going to be? That is what you should be seriously thinking about, not friviloties such as reineventing your sexuality.

The need to work, to have a job is a western construct. The correlation between having a job and having a life is spurious at best. A life is what you make. If Soph feels he has a life then so he does. I believe you were one who once called me arrogant, or self-righteous (as PPK just did) and yet here you are, acting the Mr High and Mighty decreeing that Soph has no life, whilst you are soon to acquire one. Well good luck with the 5 year plan. In the mean time, Soph, and myself will be enjoying our lives, in the way we see fit.
Sounds like you are both well on the path to long term happiness. What you have both done is nothing at all to be proud of. If you want to isolate yourselves, develop some lifeskills and move to Alaska.

Where as both of your 5-year plans sound to me like a "career on benefits", which sounds fantastically boring to me. Imagine if everyone to do that. We all should contribute a little at least, if we can.

LOL, you have no idea what my or Soph's plans are.

I don't how you think we're isolating ourselves. I've made more friends following my interests and instincts than I ever following what society tells me to. I'd wager that I have more life skills than you'll ever have.

Career on Benefits... pfft, LOL! Fantastically Boring is subjective. Thus only applies to you. Not to I or Soph, or indeed anyone else. Considering the amount of time I put in volunteering my skills to various people, I suppose if everyone did as I do it'd turn out alright.

How about you actually learn about something or ask questions before you go off and attack what you don't understand.

Actual causes?

Yeah sure there is, when someone decided that we would add sexual identity confusion onto the list of damaging lifestyle choices, along with all the ones already there. It is rare that some group of people are so arrogant as to be proud of doing so, though.

Being Gay: A Life Style Choice?

Damaging? In what context? And you didn't answer my question: what do you mean by actual causes?

Celticgoddess

« Reply #188 on: November 30, 2009, 07:09:30 AM »
:tinfoil:

No, I'm keeping mine...

13 pages of flying bullshit and you pop in with an awesome oneliner. Made me laugh so hard I cried.  :plus:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #189 on: November 30, 2009, 09:15:55 AM »
Why someone sane would shove their cock up someones arse and get gratification for it. Personally myself and others here would not rather try out that experiment.

What does anal sex have to do with anything? Anal sex is not a strictly gay thing you know.

P7PSP

« Reply #190 on: November 30, 2009, 10:00:20 AM »
This is not a whim, most people simply don't decide to be transgender (and those that do rarely are). It's far from easy or fun... Transphobic comments, whether intended or not, really hurt.

Sometimes life is tough. I am not going to refrain from laughing at the scene in the NY bar in Crocodile Dundee because some trans doesn't like it. There are too fucking many do gooder advocacy groups running around looking for things to be offended by for me to care to keep up with it.

That's your choice. I just hope, for your sake, you're not too surprised when someone knocks your block off.
Let a motherfucker try. I have won and I have lost including two broken ribs in one fight and a minor stab wound in my thigh another time. If some POS wants to initiate violent shit with me that person should be preapared when I ratchet things up a few notches.

I hope you've learned something...But if not and you still hold to your bigot opinions it would be best if you kept them to yourselves.
Fuck off you self righteous cunt.  :finger: Start your own internet forum and you can restrict any expression you don't like.

So you admit to being a bigot?
No I do not, and I don't particularly care if you choose to view me in that light. It is more a matter of you recomending that anyone disagreeing with you keep their mouths shut that I take issue with. I do have freedom of speech whether you fucking like it or not. As for the definition of pansexual posted above I believe a more correct definition would include sex, or the desire for sex, with the non human portion of the animal kingdom, plants and any other way someone could dream up to get their jollies.r

GalileoAce

« Reply #191 on: November 30, 2009, 10:31:15 AM »
So you admit to being a bigot?
No I do not, and I don't particularly care if you choose to view me in that light. It is more a matter of you recomending that anyone disagreeing with you keep their mouths shut that I take issue with. I do have freedom of speech whether you fucking like it or not. As for the definition of pansexual posted above I believe a more correct definition would include sex, or the desire for sex, with the non human portion of the animal kingdom, plants and any other way someone could dream up to get their jollies.r

I didn't say those who disagree with me should shut it. I said that those unwilling to learn other viewpoints before making a decision should.

Pansexual does not include animals, as much as you might want it to. Hate to break it you, but some words don't mean what they seem to mean, the way of the cobbled together english language.

Sexual orientation is about who a human being views other human beings in light of sex. Pansexuality in that context simply means able, or desiring to have sex with any human.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #192 on: November 30, 2009, 11:38:42 AM »
::)

No one cares Shleed, piss off.

You cared enough to say that, and people cared enough to +1 me. :orly:

Now then, drama over or what? Might have some more fun tonight.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #193 on: November 30, 2009, 01:05:42 PM »
I think I may want the hour of my life back I wasted reading this thread.

Anorexia is something that if you are psychologically strong enough, you can fight off and many people do; hence how it becomes a lifestyle choice, along with the LGBT stuff. The same cannot be said for AIDS, AS and so on.  So don't try saying I can cure my own asperger's if I'm 'strong' enough because that's totally a different thing.  Really.  I'm not being a hypocritical douche at all, here.
Fixed.

Where is the fundamental difference in a female imagining they have a penis compared to imagining they do not need to eat?
I dunno, but I think that the middle of that venn diagram would have some skinny-ass lesbians and/or women who have been married awhile in the middle of it.

Also, a period makes women "women" right?
Personally, I thought periods made women miserable several days out of every month.

I'd hardly call criticism of Soph's sexual orientation "bashing" since she has made several contradictory statements regarging her orientation AND a complete lack of sexual experience. Soph is a confused little split-tail who needs to get laid about 100 times or so before she starts lecturing people on complex sexual issues.

Would you take advice on sex from a nun or a priest who had never been laid?? I didn't think so.
So is 100 times the minimum before you can be certain of your sexual orientation, scrap, or is that just a rough estimate?  Also, how does one have to distribute one's sexual partners through those 100 times?  Should there be a 50/50 split between sexual experiences with men and sexual experiences with women?  And, how are we defining sex, here?  If one has had oral sex 100 times, does one have the ability to understand one's sexual identity, or does there need to be actual vaginal or anal penetration (depending which is applicable/possible)?  I'm quite intruigued.

She will never know what it's like to have a dick, and spend every waking moment of your life, searching for a hole to stick it in. That's what it means to be male.
Thanks for the succinct definition of the male experience.  In your opinion, when men stop compulsively pussy-chasing in exhange for other pursiuts (ranging from careers to video games to drugs), do they become female, or just cease to become male?

Claiming a "male" identitiy and then claiming that you weren't interested in ever having a penis. As I've said before, you can't ever understand what it means to be male until you've experienced having a penis, AND having the desire, every second that you're awake, to shove it it in the nearest willing pussy you can find. Ask any guy here or anywhere. When you're awake, you're horny, and that's what comes with elevated testosterone levels.

[...]

If you were truly male brained then you would want to blow loads of baby batter all over their faces.
...wait, I thought men wanted to put their cocks in holes, not ejaculate onto faces.  Does it have to be both, or is one sufficient in order to be considered male?

Drops in estrogen levels mean less "womanly" behavior. Less desire to mate etc...
But I thought that horniness was a man-thing?  I'm so confused now.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #194 on: November 30, 2009, 01:09:45 PM »
Are you still having a hissy fit coz we gheyed you, PPK?  :beer:

What's with the Brandon Teena comments btw? That the best you can come up with?