Educational

Author Topic: I hope Les has another heart attack soon  (Read 13397 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: I hope Les has another heart attack soon
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2009, 05:54:04 PM »
This is the only post I'm gonna make in any of these trans arguments (at least this week)

I am frequently called She and don;t make anything of it. Most male members on here and zomg refer to me as She and I don't think I;ve ever asked them to do otherwise myself. I never even mentioned which pronoun I preferred until Milla asked me once last year. People can call me whatever they like. I don't think I'm above being offended and I don't want to be either. I am comfortable with my gender and sexuality (although how did sexuality come into this?). I'd have to be to be able to put up with being trans IRL. I don't cry about pronouns. What does bother me though is what I personally view as transphobia or trans-bashing. Not becuase it's aimed at me, but because it's aimed (whether intentionally or not) at ALL trans people. It bothers me in the same way that homophobia or racism would bother me.

Anyway, people can think of me as male, female or anything in between. But please don't use this as an excuse and say it's just attacking me, because it isn't. Either attack me for being ME, or attack trans people openly. Have the "balls" to do that at least (pun intended).

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2009, 06:00:29 PM »
The transgendered bashing is making you guys sound like a bunch of fucking assholes. You don't have any idea what it is to be TG. I've spent a lot of years working in the LGBT community and have seen the struggles people go through. Soph is very secure in his sexuality and he sure as hell can fight his own battles. But this is a topic near and dear to my heart. I don't appreciate being bashed for my bi-sexuality and I can't stand by and see someone else who comes from the same community get bashed for where they fall on the sexual spectrum. And to think these comments come from people I have respect for.

It's not about bashing transgendered people, CG, it's about bashing *people* who behave like cunts. Surely you're not saying that transgenderdness (if there is such a word; Firefox is marking it as wrong) is untouchable in a way that, say, hoping for someone to die is not?

You don't seem to realise that your and Scrapheap's transphobic comments are not just about Soph.  They touch any transgendered person.  Like TheOtherWindow for example or GA.  Imagine (although that's perhaps asking way too much of you  ::) ) how a transgendered person would feel reading it.  However just because it's trans people, you feel you have a right to mock them.  You would never mock a black person though would you?  Cause that's just wrong isn't it?

You fucking hypocrite ;)

Soph is a "she" because of a biological setup, and so, btw, is GA (don't know about TOW cos I've not paid enough attention to him/her). I'm fairly sure they covered the basics of that topic where you went to school so if you want to disagree with the definition, you need to start name-calling others, starting with your teachers and moving on to the evil society in general, all those bad people who choose to go with that same basic definition Scrap and I did. That's the extent of my comments and that is what I meant. Now, Soph could become a "he" with a combination of meds and surgery, but right now she's not.

I'm interested in how not accepting your ad hoc definition of what a "he" is equals bashing all the TGs (and gays and pansexuals and blacks and pill-popping adolescents, etc, etc, etc) as a group. Logic isn't your strongest point, is it?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2009, 06:03:30 PM »
The transgendered bashing is making you guys sound like a bunch of fucking assholes. You don't have any idea what it is to be TG. I've spent a lot of years working in the LGBT community and have seen the struggles people go through. Soph is very secure in his sexuality and he sure as hell can fight his own battles. But this is a topic near and dear to my heart. I don't appreciate being bashed for my bi-sexuality and I can't stand by and see someone else who comes from the same community get bashed for where they fall on the sexual spectrum. And to think these comments come from people I have respect for.
You could make an identical argument about Anorexia, if you want to see the big flaws in your "logic".

TG is just another cop out for people with AS (and others) who are not brave enough to stand for who they actually are. Just like religion and a mulititude of other self-righteous ideologies.

it doesn't have to be, hadron. The problem arises when it is *used* as a cop-out, either by the person herself or somebody near her, but then, a multitude of conditions (from AS to TG to anorexia, etc) can be used for that same purpose.

I have no idea what it is like to be TG but it seems to me that Soph is not using it as a cop-out; if anything, she seems to be fairly secure in whatever she is. Bint, on the other hand, seems to be less confident and my guess is that it's why she resorts to posting all those pics.
No the difference between Anorexia (asides it being bad for you - though some girls beg to differ) and TG/ whatever is that AS is not a lifestyle choice or mental illness. By endorsing all these non-conditions then we completely undermine our own actual cause.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2009, 06:05:30 PM »
I agree with the gender spectrum thing aswell, but when it comes to people like soph:

Why bother crying over someone because they disagree?
Why be a self-righteous, overly PC, victim complexing cunt about it? (yes, calling out soph for her bullshit instantly makes you "transphobic")
Why make *everyone* tolerate you?
WHY even bother by what what you're called?

If someone addressed me as "she", I wouldn't give a fuck. If I was transgender and someone called me a "he", I'd still not give a fuck. I realise that people are going to be intolerant regardless, that I can't make all people "accept" me. I'd rather worry about the more important things than my own gender orientation anyway, like getting a stable life and education with a good income.

If soph was alright as a person and not a complete tit, then I wouldn't give a fuck if she's trans. Same for if a person who was black/fat/ginger etc., if they were decent as people then I'd not give a fuck. Otherwise, I will take the piss.

Excellent points.

Interestingly, the one making the most fuss about this is not Soph. Well, unless she is doing all her writing at ZOMG or in those countless pictures-of-my-dog threads that I don't plan to read.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Blasted

« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2009, 06:07:41 PM »

It's not about bashing transgendered people, CG, it's about bashing *people* who behave like cunts. Surely you're not saying that transgenderdness (if there is such a word; Firefox is marking it as wrong) is untouchable in a way that, say, hoping for someone to die is not?

You don't seem to realise that your and Scrapheap's transphobic comments are not just about Soph.  They touch any transgendered person.  Like TheOtherWindow for example or GA.  Imagine (although that's perhaps asking way too much of you  ::) ) how a transgendered person would feel reading it.  However just because it's trans people, you feel you have a right to mock them.  You would never mock a black person though would you?  Cause that's just wrong isn't it?

You fucking hypocrite ;)

Soph is a "she" because of a biological setup, and so, btw, is GA (don't know about TOW cos I've not paid enough attention to him/her). I'm fairly sure they covered the basics of that topic where you went to school so if you want to disagree with the definition, you need to start name-calling others, starting with your teachers and moving on to the evil society in general, all those bad people who choose to go with that same basic definition Scrap and I did. That's the extent of my comments and that is what I meant. Now, Soph could become a "he" with a combination of meds and surgery, but right now she's not.

I'm interested in how not accepting your ad hoc definition of what a "he" is equals bashing all the TGs (and gays and pansexuals and blacks and pill-popping adolescents, etc, etc, etc) as a group. Logic isn't your strongest point, is it?

Back-track much?

And funny how you should mention my "pill-popping", I'm not the only member here who is on sleeping pills or who sometimes takes too many of them.  Funny how you didn't mention my drinking too, or would that just make you even more of a hypocrite?  ;)

Blasted

« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2009, 06:09:18 PM »
You could make an identical argument about Anorexia, if you want to see the big flaws in your "logic".

TG is just another cop out for people with AS (and others) who are not brave enough to stand for who they actually are. Just like religion and a mulititude of other self-righteous ideologies.

it doesn't have to be, hadron. The problem arises when it is *used* as a cop-out, either by the person herself or somebody near her, but then, a multitude of conditions (from AS to TG to anorexia, etc) can be used for that same purpose.

I have no idea what it is like to be TG but it seems to me that Soph is not using it as a cop-out; if anything, she seems to be fairly secure in whatever she is. Bint, on the other hand, seems to be less confident and my guess is that it's why she resorts to posting all those pics.
No the difference between Anorexia (asides it being bad for you - though some girls beg to differ) and TG/ whatever is that AS is not a lifestyle choice or mental illness. By endorsing all these non-conditions then we completely undermine our own actual cause.

Where the hell do eating disorders come into all of this Hadron?

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2009, 06:14:56 PM »

Where is the fundamental difference in a female imagining they have a penis compared to imagining they do not need to eat?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2009, 06:15:42 PM »
This is the only post I'm gonna make in any of these trans arguments (at least this week)

I am frequently called She and don;t make anything of it. Most male members on here and zomg refer to me as She and I don't think I;ve ever asked them to do otherwise myself. I never even mentioned which pronoun I preferred until Milla asked me once last year. People can call me whatever they like. I don't think I'm above being offended and I don't want to be either. I am comfortable with my gender and sexuality (although how did sexuality come into this?). I'd have to be to be able to put up with being trans IRL. I don't cry about pronouns. What does bother me though is what I personally view as transphobia or trans-bashing. Not becuase it's aimed at me, but because it's aimed (whether intentionally or not) at ALL trans people. It bothers me in the same way that homophobia or racism would bother me.

Anyway, people can think of me as male, female or anything in between. But please don't use this as an excuse and say it's just attacking me, because it isn't. Either attack me for being ME, or attack trans people openly. Have the "balls" to do that at least (pun intended).

Is it not possible to attack *you* specifically, targeting your particular variety of the trans issues? Is this akin to that black thing, where blacks can call each other niggers but if a white guy does it everybody screams "RACIST"?

- Albert Einstein

Blasted

« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2009, 06:16:29 PM »

Where is the fundamental difference in a female imagining they have a penis compared to imagining they do not need to eat?

:facepalm2:

Scrapheap

« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2009, 06:16:36 PM »
Actually, I do believe that some topics should be untouchable when it comes to bashing. Genderbending bashing and racist comments aren't cool in my books at all.

I'd hardly call criticism of Soph's sexual orientation "bashing" since she has made several contradictory statements regarging her orientation AND a complete lack of sexual experience. Soph is a confused little split-tail who needs to get laid about 100 times or so before she starts lecturing people on complex sexual issues.

Would you take advice on sex from a nun or a priest who had never been laid?? I didn't think so.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2009, 06:17:36 PM »

I believe that anorexia is not a lifestyle choice. Don't know about TG but I'd suspect that it's not a lifestyle choice either.

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2009, 06:18:53 PM »
You don't seem to realise that your and Scrapheap's transphobic comments are not just about Soph. 

I never made "transphobic" comments. I offered a reasoned critique of Soph's transgender claims.

You can fuck the hell off if you think her words are off limits to criticism of any kind.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2009, 06:19:20 PM »
Actually, I do believe that some topics should be untouchable when it comes to bashing. Genderbending bashing and racist comments aren't cool in my books at all.

I'd hardly call criticism of Soph's sexual orientation "bashing" since she has made several contradictory statements regarging her orientation AND a complete lack of sexual experience. Soph is a confused little split-tail who needs to get laid about 100 times or so before she starts lecturing people on complex sexual issues.

Would you take advice on sex from a nun or a priest who had never been laid?? I didn't think so.

ok I said I was gonna stay outta the trans thing. But this is clearly about sexual orientation.

I'm not sure what you mean scrap. What contradictory statements have I made? I think I've been pretty consistent. I've never had sex and don't pretend to know a lot about sex for that very reason. I know who I am though, and I know who I'm attracted to.

When have I ever tried to give people sex advice? I've always been fairly open about the fact that I am extremely inexperienced when it comes to sex. I don't feel confused myself, but if I confuse you then sorry dude.

Blasted

« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2009, 06:19:44 PM »
Jesus Christ.

This place is full of morons.  Stupid, brain-dead morons.

It's tiring to argue when you know someone won't understand in the first place.

Blasted

« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2009, 06:20:37 PM »
You don't seem to realise that your and Scrapheap's transphobic comments are not just about Soph. 

I never made "transphobic" comments. I offered a reasoned critique of Soph's transgender claims.

You can fuck the hell off if you think her words are off limits to criticism of any kind.

Oh yeah, that isn't transphobic at all dickhead  ::)