Author Topic: I hope Les has another heart attack soon  (Read 13472 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: I hope Les has another heart attack soon
« Reply #120 on: November 29, 2009, 06:20:55 PM »
The transgendered bashing is making you guys sound like a bunch of fucking assholes. You don't have any idea what it is to be TG. I've spent a lot of years working in the LGBT community and have seen the struggles people go through. Soph is very secure in his sexuality and he sure as hell can fight his own battles. But this is a topic near and dear to my heart. I don't appreciate being bashed for my bi-sexuality and I can't stand by and see someone else who comes from the same community get bashed for where they fall on the sexual spectrum. And to think these comments come from people I have respect for.

It's not about bashing transgendered people, CG, it's about bashing *people* who behave like cunts. Surely you're not saying that transgenderdness (if there is such a word; Firefox is marking it as wrong) is untouchable in a way that, say, hoping for someone to die is not?

You don't seem to realise that your and Scrapheap's transphobic comments are not just about Soph.  They touch any transgendered person.  Like TheOtherWindow for example or GA.  Imagine (although that's perhaps asking way too much of you  ::) ) how a transgendered person would feel reading it.  However just because it's trans people, you feel you have a right to mock them.  You would never mock a black person though would you?  Cause that's just wrong isn't it?

You fucking hypocrite ;)

Soph is a "she" because of a biological setup, and so, btw, is GA (don't know about TOW cos I've not paid enough attention to him/her). I'm fairly sure they covered the basics of that topic where you went to school so if you want to disagree with the definition, you need to start name-calling others, starting with your teachers and moving on to the evil society in general, all those bad people who choose to go with that same basic definition Scrap and I did. That's the extent of my comments and that is what I meant. Now, Soph could become a "he" with a combination of meds and surgery, but right now she's not.

I'm interested in how not accepting your ad hoc definition of what a "he" is equals bashing all the TGs (and gays and pansexuals and blacks and pill-popping adolescents, etc, etc, etc) as a group. Logic isn't your strongest point, is it?

Back-track much?

And funny how you should mention my "pill-popping", I'm not the only member here who is on sleeping pills or who sometimes takes too many of them.  Funny how you didn't mention my drinking too, or would that just make you even more of a hypocrite?  ;)

I notice that you're not addressing what I wrote. You could try actually showing me how I'm a hypocrite, instead of simply repeating it like a mantra.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #121 on: November 29, 2009, 06:22:39 PM »
Jesus Christ.

This place is full of morons.  Stupid, brain-dead morons.

It's tiring to argue when you know someone won't understand in the first place.

You could try presenting us with an argument. Any argument would do to start with, but a coherent one would be preferable.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #122 on: November 29, 2009, 06:23:04 PM »
The transgendered bashing is making you guys sound like a bunch of fucking assholes. You don't have any idea what it is to be TG. I've spent a lot of years working in the LGBT community and have seen the struggles people go through. Soph is very secure in his sexuality and he sure as hell can fight his own battles. But this is a topic near and dear to my heart. I don't appreciate being bashed for my bi-sexuality and I can't stand by and see someone else who comes from the same community get bashed for where they fall on the sexual spectrum. And to think these comments come from people I have respect for.
You could make an identical argument about Anorexia, if you want to see the big flaws in your "logic".

TG is just another cop out for people with AS (and others) who are not brave enough to stand for who they actually are. Just like religion and a mulititude of other self-righteous ideologies.

it doesn't have to be, hadron. The problem arises when it is *used* as a cop-out, either by the person herself or somebody near her, but then, a multitude of conditions (from AS to TG to anorexia, etc) can be used for that same purpose.

I have no idea what it is like to be TG but it seems to me that Soph is not using it as a cop-out; if anything, she seems to be fairly secure in whatever she is. Bint, on the other hand, seems to be less confident and my guess is that it's why she resorts to posting all those pics.
No the difference between Anorexia (asides it being bad for you - though some girls beg to differ) and TG/ whatever is that AS is not a lifestyle choice or mental illness. By endorsing all these non-conditions then we completely undermine our own actual cause.

I believe that anorexia is not a lifestyle choice. Don't know about TG but I'd suspect that it's not a lifestyle choice either.
Anorexia is largely a symptom of being middle class, 40-50 years it did not really exist very much at all. Now its in the vogue.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #123 on: November 29, 2009, 06:23:46 PM »
You could make an identical argument about Anorexia, if you want to see the big flaws in your "logic".

TG is just another cop out for people with AS (and others) who are not brave enough to stand for who they actually are. Just like religion and a mulititude of other self-righteous ideologies.

it doesn't have to be, hadron. The problem arises when it is *used* as a cop-out, either by the person herself or somebody near her, but then, a multitude of conditions (from AS to TG to anorexia, etc) can be used for that same purpose.

I have no idea what it is like to be TG but it seems to me that Soph is not using it as a cop-out; if anything, she seems to be fairly secure in whatever she is. Bint, on the other hand, seems to be less confident and my guess is that it's why she resorts to posting all those pics.
No the difference between Anorexia (asides it being bad for you - though some girls beg to differ) and TG/ whatever is that AS is not a lifestyle choice or mental illness. By endorsing all these non-conditions then we completely undermine our own actual cause.

I believe that anorexia is not a lifestyle choice. Don't know about TG but I'd suspect that it's not a lifestyle choice either.
Anorexia is largely a symptom of being middle class, 40-50 years it did not really exist very much at all. Now its in the vogue.

AIDS didn't exist 50 years ago, either. Doesn't make it a lifestyle choice.

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #124 on: November 29, 2009, 06:24:18 PM »
Jesus Christ.

This place is full of morons.  Stupid, brain-dead morons.

It's tiring to argue when you know someone won't understand in the first place.

You could try presenting us with an argument. Any argument would do to start with, but a coherent one would be preferable.
Exactly. Rather than her behaving identically to a religious zealot.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #125 on: November 29, 2009, 06:25:09 PM »

There is a difference in the medium it traverses: one is through biology, the other through the social medium (along with TG etc).

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #126 on: November 29, 2009, 06:27:01 PM »

There is a difference in the medium it traverses: one is through biology, the other through the social medium (along with TG etc).

Not according to the doc that dx'd me, a couple of years ago. She also researched anorexia and did not regard it as a lifestyle choice.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2009, 06:30:56 PM »
I see someone had a fit in this thread.   Amazing.

Soph, you are the idiot.   I have had several pets over the years, and they are replaceable.  I love dogs, but I can't say that someone making fun of my dead dog is equivalent to them wishing that I die.   I have had someone claim that I had sex with my dead dog before, his joke was that I dug it up and had sex with it.   I laughed.   You are way too sensitive.

I prefer to wish death upon people because it means a lot more than just making fun of their pets.   If you get butthurt because someone makes fun of your dog dying, you need some help.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2009, 06:31:16 PM »
I've endured a long lifetime of alienation from the prevailing standards of "polite" society. Online forums are a welcome respite from that; I can finally express myself in ways that were never possible before. You would not connect who I am in real life with the person whose posts you see here. I have enough trouble getting along with people in everyday life that (believe it or not) I don't feel the need to look for arguments online. I reserve the right to make bad jokes and tasteless remarks, but in all sincerity, I wish no ill on anyone here.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #129 on: November 29, 2009, 06:35:29 PM »
Yep I probably am too sensitive when it comes to my cat/dog.

I've already apologised for this thread. Nothing I can do about it now except accept the consequences.

People are different though. What bothers one person isn't necessarily gonna bother me. I wouldn't care if Sir Les had said he hopes I die. It would have bothered me even less than the OCD posts, which (while I do think they were low) didn't bother me really.

My pets are part of my family, and my family is the most important thing in my life. Sure, I reacted badly. But different things bother different people. I don't care if someone wishes me dead for example.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #130 on: November 29, 2009, 06:36:12 PM »

Not according to the doc that dx'd me, a couple of years ago. She also researched anorexia and did not regard it as a lifestyle choice.
Anorexia is something that if you are psychologically strong enough, you can fight off and many people do; hence how it becomes a lifestyle choice, along with the LGBT stuff. The same cannot be said for AIDS, AS and so on.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #131 on: November 29, 2009, 06:37:26 PM »
I've endured a long lifetime of alienation from the prevailing standards of "polite" society. Online forums are a welcome respite from that; I can finally express myself in ways that were never possible before. You would not connect who I am in real life with the person whose posts you see here. I have enough trouble getting along with people in everyday life that (believe it or not) I don't feel the need to look for arguments online. I reserve the right to make bad jokes and tasteless remarks, but in all sincerity, I wish no ill on anyone here.
And your solution to it is to reinforce peoples right not to be offended. No - people need to be punished for attempting to enforce such a right and punished hard.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #132 on: November 29, 2009, 06:40:33 PM »

Anorexia is something that if you are psychologically strong enough, you can fight off and many people do; hence how it becomes a lifestyle choice, along with the LGBT stuff. The same cannot be said for AIDS, AS and so on.

The only way being trans is a lifestyle choice is in that I have the guts to live openly as a transgendered person, despite the problems that causes me pretty much every day (and no, I don't moan about it on this forum. I don't think I ever even mention those problems as I try to just ignore it)

It takes a lot to live openly as a trans person. That's the only lifestyle choice really (the same for gay people). Whether you choose to be yourself or choose to hide because of people like you. And I don't blame those who choose to hide it. It can be extremely difficult IRL (dangerous sometimes as well, although probably more so for transwomen).

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #133 on: November 29, 2009, 06:41:36 PM »
Bigots are scary because they harm the people they hate.    Bigotphobia - the fear of bigots.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #134 on: November 29, 2009, 06:43:21 PM »
And your solution to it is to reinforce peoples right not to be offended. No - people need to be punished for attempting to enforce such a right and punished hard.

I'm not attempting to "enforce" anything. I'll say what I damwell think, and I expect you to do the same.