Educational

Author Topic: Send me your WP mod problems  (Read 2783 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Send me your WP mod problems
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2010, 07:39:34 PM »
I was TimTexIsAWhinyBitch if you must know. I got a nice email from makuranososhi after that.

What did he say?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2010, 04:09:44 PM »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2011, 03:15:17 PM »
How did this work out for you?  They must have liked the list.  What else was on it??

P7PSP

« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2011, 03:55:48 PM »
WHO FUCKING CARES?

QFT

QFT
QFT2 If someone wants their sockpuppet private they should keep their sockpuppet private. Putting info about it anywhere on the forum that anyone with 10 or more posts can see is just fucking careless. Dox did not come here and make a pinky promise to get a Top Secret SI clearance to all of I2s valuable secrets. This is not Warehouse 13 or Area 51. It is just an internet forum.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2011, 04:04:48 PM »
I'm not sure that changes anyone's opinion of him

P7PSP

« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2011, 04:22:58 PM »
I don't care. All of this concern about what is said here and taken back to WP just smells like a stinking pile of shit. All the talk of de eldering some months back went direct to protecting sock puppets IMO. I don't give a rat's ass about anyone else's sock puppets. People want that shit private, let them take responsibility in keeping it private. I do see that particular forum as being a place where, hopefully, people can post stuff of a more private nature than they care to post in the general use area. WTF is so private about what conversations are had here? Search keywords and I2 threads will pop up. No big mystery. Everyday in the Caught Snooping thread we will be posting and laughing about a bot printing the Shit Digging thread or some other popular thread.

Edited to change can't to can.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 11:02:14 PM by PPK »

midlifeaspie

« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2011, 04:24:12 PM »
I don't care. All of this concern about what is said here and taken back to WP just smells like a stinking pile of shit. All the talk of de eldering some months back went direct to protecting sock puppets IMO. I don't give a rat's ass about anyone else's sock puppets. People want that shit private, let them take responsibility in keeping it private. I do see that particular forum as being a place where, hopefully, people can't post stuff of a more private nature than they care to post in the general use area. WTF is so private about what conversations are had here? Search keywords and I2 threads will pop up. No big mystery. Everyday in the Caught Snooping thread we will be posting and laughing about a bot printing the Shit Digging thread or some other popular thread.

All of this is true, but why does it upset you so?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2011, 04:26:38 PM »
I completely agree, PPK. I couldn't care less if people who announced their sockpuppets here were all outed at WP. I think you already know what I think about de-eldering people.

What bothers me is the dishonesty.

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2011, 04:28:41 PM »
I don't think anyone has even hinted that they think Dox should be banned  ??? :dunno:

Osensitive1

« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2011, 04:29:36 PM »
I don't think anyone has even hinted that they think Dox should be banned  ??? :dunno:
Why are you mentioning it?

Osensitive1

« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2011, 04:30:05 PM »
Know who should have kept their shit private? Parakeet.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2011, 04:31:33 PM »
@PPK. What do you think the elders forum should be for? or do you not think it should exist?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2011, 04:31:38 PM »
Why are you mentioning it?

Because PPK's issue seems to revolve around the old de-eldering argument, and Dox isn't an elder so saying that nobody mentioned de-eldering Dox isn't a valid point.  So I used the most appropriate analog.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2011, 04:32:17 PM »

Goodness, no. But this is where you get called out and where you sometimes need to back up your actions. Maybe I'm wrong here, but I don't see it.

- Albert Einstein