Educational

Author Topic: Nose Piercings  (Read 345 times)

Celticgoddess

Nose Piercings
« on: November 26, 2009, 04:31:28 PM »
Does anyone have their nose pierced? I'm probably going to get mine done next year where my friend works. She's a well known tattooist/artist in the area) and she works at a really good piercing/tattoo parlour so I'll be getting it done with a needle, not a gun.

If want a ring instead of a stud. How difficult is it to take out and switch if I want to go from hoop to stud for awhile? Or should i start out with a stud and then get a hoop after it's all healed up?

Blasted

Re: Nose Piercings
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 04:39:20 PM »
Start with a stud, hoops irritate the area and prolong the healing.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 04:50:31 PM »
Is yours pierced, B? How long before I could switch to a hoop?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 04:54:09 PM »
I used to wanna get my eyebrow pierced but never did

Dont have any piercings anywhere myself

Blasted

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 04:56:45 PM »
Is yours pierced, B? How long before I could switch to a hoop?

Nope but I used to date a girl who was really into piercing  :P

The healing time for a nose piercing is roughly 3 months but obviously depending on your body, it could be longer.  I think it's the safest to switch to hoops after it finished healing as you could potentially bring in new bacteria.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 05:05:05 PM by B. »

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 05:03:32 PM »
you quoted the wrong post, retard

Blasted

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 05:03:55 PM »
Oops.  I was meant to quote CG here   :facepalm2:

Blasted

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 05:04:34 PM »
You just had to get in there before me didn't you?  >:(

Lemme edit that.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 05:54:37 PM »
Does anyone have their nose pierced? I'm probably going to get mine done next year where my friend works. She's a well known tattooist/artist in the area) and she works at a really good piercing/tattoo parlour so I'll be getting it done with a needle, not a gun.

If want a ring instead of a stud. How difficult is it to take out and switch if I want to go from hoop to stud for awhile? Or should i start out with a stud and then get a hoop after it's all healed up?

The wife has her nose pierced. little 7mo Quin keeps trying to rip it out, as well as looking quizzical over why he can't scratch off her tattoo on her shoulder.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 06:11:55 PM »
I've heard it actually doesn't hurt as much as people think it would. Would she say that's true or was it horrific? :lol:

Offline Tigergirl

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2009, 09:14:39 PM »
Im less of a fan than I was. if you have kids, dont even think about it.
like Phlex said, Quin keeps trying to put it out, and Im just finding it annoying now.
havent the heart to take it out, as I waited so long to get it done, hurt like fuck to get it done (needle)
and I would be shitty to pull it out now.
its not completely healed, and its been 16 months.

Im not in the "for" side.
you run a show called "what not to wear"? I run a show called "I will wear you as a hat", I will wear what I like you bulimic sluts.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 08:47:30 AM »
I've had my nose peirced for about seven years now.  I got mine done professionally, with a needle.  It didn't hurt too badly, although the sensation of having a needle pushed through my nostril was admittedly temporarily unpleasant, lol.  

I started with a screw (which is almost definitely better than a stud for a starting piercing), and it was in an ugly color because you are going to want surgical steel in while it heals, NOT silver.  (I have upgraded to studs since then.)  It took me awhile to get used to putting in/taking out the nose screws; by the time my nose was healed enough for studs they were less fo an adjustment, but the downside is that studs fall out easier.  (The downside of screws is that they're hard to find nowadays!)  Nose screws would definitely be less ostentatious than hoops- the job I'm at now has a relatively conservative dress code and they don't mind the little stud I usually wear in.  I think it might be about the most "conservative" facial piercing it's possible to get.

I guess aftercare instructions have changed and change continually, but whatever they are, FOLLOW THEM.  In my day (yougin'), you had to do a salt soak once or twice a day (I forget which), and wash regularly with gentle antibacterial soap.  I'm pretty sure things haven't changed enough that you'll escape the joyful experience of sitting with your nose in a cup of warm salt water (blowing bubbles and wondering why you thought this was a good idea) every day for over a month.  I think it was ultimately worth it, personally.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 08:53:49 AM by PMS Elle »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.