Educational

Author Topic: Oi RPM1978  (Read 4458 times)

Blasted

Re: Oi RPM1978
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2009, 06:55:27 PM »
Read the passage I meticulously copied out of Cosmos.  Yes the universe is wonderfully complex by wtf does that have to signify it was made by someone?  Going by thta logic, who made the maker and the maker of the maker and so on?  Also, I should copy out another wonderful passage from Bill Bryson's A SHort History of Nearly Everything.  The way he describes on how the world was formed, is breath-taking.

Blasted

« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2009, 06:56:20 PM »

On teh Drivel?  I dunno what to believe anymore :GA:

Hey that's where I live where did you get the photo

I follow you home every night.  Look out of the winow, ther I am hunched over in the bushes  :tinfoil:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2009, 07:07:24 PM »
Yes the universe is wonderfully complex by wtf does that have to signify it was made by someone?  Going by thta logic, who made the maker and the maker of the maker and so on?

The cycle is infinite. :orly:

The universe generates in a fractal fashion, something that I don't believe a god (what people see as god) could make. However, something is making it generate like that, maybe along the lines of various particles influencing others in different ways and combinations. These particles would be something like the programming language of the universe, using algorithms and code to make everything by various combinations of such particles. On their own they can't do much, but working collectively they can do many things. That could be considered "god", I guess.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 07:10:20 PM by Shleed. »

Blasted

« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2009, 07:09:14 PM »
Partlicles aew particles.  Nothing to do with God.  Bryson says it all rather well.  WIll copy out passage in the morning, not that you lot will read it anyway but I'll feel better if I do :zoinks:

Look who's online :toporly: :toporly:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2009, 07:23:11 PM »
Partlicles aew particles.  Nothing to do with God.

You're confusing the definition that I made up on this thread with the definition religious people use. Particles could be considered god because they hold the very foundations of well... everything.

With my definition, a god does not have to be all knowing/seeing, intelligent, sentient, living, or even give a fuck whether people worship it or not. It is stripped from it's usual religious/spiritual connections and only used as a label for something that has the ability to make everything.

Blasted

« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2009, 07:54:16 PM »
I'm way too sleey to write cleverly today  :facepalm2:

Tomorrow though, we wil continue this  :zoinks:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2009, 08:17:28 PM »
Tomorrow I'll probably forget half of it and generally not have the attention span to continue. At least you got entertainment. :zoinks:

Scrapheap

« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2009, 08:18:12 PM »
I wanna have an argument :(

No you don't! :razz:

Scrapheap

« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2009, 08:26:19 PM »
Thats the thing though, atheists ARE smart enough to understand that until there is definitive proof, there is no way one can say god doesn't exist.

But that's being agnostic, being unsure of god's existence. Atheists are SURE that god doesn't exist, that's the difference.

FFS how many time does this one need to be corrected.

Gnosticism- degree of certianty
Theism- belief (or lack) in a magical sky dady(s)/momy(s)

You can be a gnostic theist, an agnostic theist or you could be an agnostic atheist or a gnostic atheist.

If you lack a POSITIVE belief in god(s), congratulations! you're an atheist!!!

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2009, 08:29:43 PM »
Thats the thing though, atheists ARE smart enough to understand that until there is definitive proof, there is no way one can say god doesn't exist.

But that's being agnostic, being unsure of god's existence. Atheists are SURE that god doesn't exist, that's the difference.

FFS how many time does this one need to be corrected.

Gnosticism- degree of certianty
Theism- belief (or lack) in a magical sky dady(s)/momy(s)

You can be a gnostic theist, an agnostic theist or you could be an agnostic atheist or a gnostic atheist.

If you lack a POSITIVE belief in god(s), congratulations! you're an atheist!!!

Atheist, agnostic. The only two terms I use. Both are broad enough for me.

Shove it up yer fucking arse. :orly:

Scrapheap

« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2009, 08:35:58 PM »

Next, you're going to tell me you've only read one book.  :duh:

Ignorance is strength comrade!!!  :wanker:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2009, 08:53:19 PM »

Next, you're going to tell me you've only read one book.  :duh:

Ignorance is strength comrade!!!  :wanker:

I am aware of the other terms but because I love being an arsehole, I deliberately do it so pedantic fucks like you get your knickers in a twist.  :zoinks:

Also, name someone who ISN'T ignorant as fuck, I'm pretty sure that's a human trait along with stupidity, hypocrisy, pretentiousness etc. :P

Scrapheap

« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2009, 09:05:17 PM »
I am aware of the other terms but because I love being an arsehole, I deliberately do it so pedantic fucks like you get your knickers in a twist.  :zoinks:

Please! you're dealing with a seasoned troll here. I shit bigger than that.

Quote from: Shleed
Also, name someone who ISN'T ignorant as fuck, I'm pretty sure that's a human trait along with stupidity, hypocrisy, pretentiousness etc. :P

Some are more ignorant than others. You seem to wallow in it.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2009, 09:17:56 PM »
Please! you're dealing with a seasoned troll here. I shit bigger than that.

:laugh:

Blasted

« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2009, 06:59:56 AM »
I wanna have an argument :(

No you don't! :razz:

I did at the time of writing this but sleepiness got to me first  :thumbdn: