Author Topic: Oi RPM1978  (Read 4471 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Oi RPM1978
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2009, 12:54:21 PM »
Oi! I still want that religious twatface to answer my long ass post  :laugh:

Good luck with that.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2009, 04:57:25 PM »
Flying Spaghetti Monster !!!

Blasted

« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2009, 05:20:11 PM »
Darwin reminded me of this thread.

So I copied out all that long thing for nothing?  >:(  Stupid people suck.  The other day my Politics teacher was talking about something, can't remember what and for some reason gave an example of a dinosaur sitting in the room with us looking at the board (yeah, where the hell does a dinosaur come into Politics?  :laugh:) and then was like, "but some of you twats think there were no such things as dinosaurs don't you?  Cause evolution is all a fable"  - obv his version was funnier than my lame recounting.  Still, I was the only one that laughed, the rest shot him evils  :(  Also, in the same lesson but on another day, a girl was trying to say that only religious people can have morals  :thumbdn:

Blasted

« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2009, 05:37:56 PM »
I wanna have an argument :(

Blasted

« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2009, 05:46:49 PM »
How can people be religious?  I really don't get it.  It's so illogical and fucking stupid.  I mean, if people began believing in Santa Claus, following his teachings, treating him as a deity and trying to be like him, they wold be locked away.

Yet this mass insanity is somehow seen as normal.  The last time I ever went church, I took a good look round and it all just seemed so creepy.  Repeating weird chants, in a smelly room with men dressed up in sheets telling you to pretend you're eating flesh and drinking blood.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2009, 06:00:19 PM »
Atheism is a religion for people who worship science instead of God. It is most notably the only religion without any ideology, tenets, or pretty pictures. It's followers are no less uneducated, dogmatic and fanatical about their chosen spiritual path than any Muslim, Christian, Hindoo or Jew.

Where atheism stands out is in the insistence that it is based on fact, and not based at all on faith. As there is no way to use logic to prove or disprove the existence of God, atheism is in fact still faith-based. Atheists may be the True Non-Believers, but their arguments are still shit, and will ultimately all just end up burning in Hell.

:zoinks:

Blasted

« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2009, 06:03:53 PM »
You can't worship science though.  Science just is.  I don't elieve I'm breathing in oxygen and breathing out carbon dioxide, it's actually happeneing  :zoinks: 

Rationality is my "belief"  :thumbup:

Although secular humanism is pretty good too  :orly:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2009, 06:19:07 PM »
It's quoted from ED, found it funny. More:

Atheists suffer from a rare, aggressive form of unwarranted self-importance. Atheists invariably think they are smarter then you, since they were the first to figure out how to question a pre-existing concept, or to visit the theology section of the library.

Many of them believe that some philosopher (e.g., Friedrich Nietzsche, Richard Dawkins or Karl Popper) has proved atheism. However, they will of course dismiss any philosopher that believes in God. The circular argument goes like this:

1. Anyone who believes in a God is stupid, ergo
   2. anything they say is stupid, ergo
   3. even listening to said person would be wasting the intellectually superior atheist's time.

Humans are completely incapable of rationality and logic. Atheism is just as irrational as Theism because atheists follow the blind "belief" that god doesn't exist, just like how theists like Christians blindly believe that god does exist.

No amount of science or faith can disprove/prove god's existence because "god" in itself is only a concept, but because of the queerness of the universe "god" *could* actually exist in some form or another. This god does not have to be divine, alive, all knowing or even has to be sentient. This can be used for practically anything, you can consider the stardust that made us "god" because it breathed life into us and our planet.

I'm blathering, there's a half baked argument for ye'. :orly:

Blasted

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2009, 06:25:35 PM »
Thats the thing though, atheists ARE smart enough to understand that until there is definitive proof, there is no way one can say god doesn't exist. 

So god is basically a made up thing existstring in your imagination, is that what you're saying?  :zoinks:

god imo is like the tooth fairy, santa claus, mermaids, unicorns etc etc.  A nice fairy tale to keep people comfroted that they have this "divine being" who watcheds over them all the time.  Which imo sounds a notch stslkery, could god perhaps have some issues with trust and insecurity to have to watch his beloved al the time?  :orly:

I want this guy to come back on, you're humouring me for the most part, he actually believes this shit :toporly:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2009, 06:35:09 PM »
You mean there is no Santa :'(
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Blasted

« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2009, 06:37:20 PM »
There is no Oz either  :'(

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2009, 06:38:19 PM »
There is no Oz either  :'(

Yes there is he posts on The Drivel ;D

George Bernard Shaw

Blasted

« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2009, 06:41:50 PM »

On teh Drivel?  I dunno what to believe anymore :GA:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2009, 06:48:00 PM »
Thats the thing though, atheists ARE smart enough to understand that until there is definitive proof, there is no way one can say god doesn't exist.

But that's being agnostic, being unsure of god's existence. Atheists are SURE that god doesn't exist, that's the difference.

So god is basically a made up thing existstring in your imagination, is that what you're saying?  :zoinks:
I'm just saying that a "god" may exist, but I extremely doubt it's anything like religions imagined a god to be like. If you look at how complex the universe is, it is possible that some form of analogue to "god" is out there. I'm not talking about intelligent design though, personally find that a load of bollocks.

god imo is like the tooth fairy, santa claus, mermaids, unicorns etc etc.  A nice fairy tale to keep people comfroted that they have this "divine being" who watcheds over them all the time.  Which imo sounds a notch stslkery, could god perhaps have some issues with trust and insecurity to have to watch his beloved al the time?  :orly:
That's pretty much how most people see "god". I don't believe there is a god watching literally everywhere since the universe is practically infinite, but the god that probably exists I believe probably wouldn't be capable of much. The Higgs Boson is considered an analogue to god by some.

I want this guy to come back on, you're humouring me for the most part, he actually believes this shit :toporly:
I doubt the eejit will come back, we pretty much scared him off. :laugh:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2009, 06:53:30 PM »

On teh Drivel?  I dunno what to believe anymore :GA:

Hey that's where I live where did you get the photo