Author Topic: Soy was Bint  (Read 6204 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Soy was Bint
« Reply #135 on: October 07, 2009, 06:19:50 AM »
Not everyone reactes in the same way. And above all, you probably react differently when your family is involved. I know I do.

This seems it's between those of us who have kids and those of us who do not.

I don't have kids and I found Soy's post abhorrent. Though I didn't respond at the time because..well he's not worth my time and effort. And in the end he got banned, which may not be what he deserved, but it is a justice of sorts.

Again, he got banned because he threatened the site, not because he behaved like an arse.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Celticgoddess

« Reply #136 on: October 07, 2009, 06:20:15 AM »
He was just provoking. He was banned at least three times from the Swedish board where I find him, because he posted similar things there. They banned him for trolling, though, because they thought he couldn't be for real.

You should have responded in the same way.

By banning him for trolling?

No, responded with the same kind of insults he made to you, I mean.

then the board becomes like a bunch of 4 year olds with better typing skills and more colourful vocabulary, but lacking in substance. There's tasteless jokes, and then there's dude, have a little decency.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #137 on: October 07, 2009, 06:21:26 AM »

If I had kids and anyone tried to do anything like that to them, they'd be thankful if the cops caught them before I did, but he didn't mean any of it!

Attack my kids and that's the reaction you'll get. If you don't mean it, then don't do it in the first place!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

GalileoAce

« Reply #138 on: October 07, 2009, 06:21:50 AM »
I would take it for what it was, a tasteless joke.

That's because you are a fuckhead.

I actually agree with Lit here though; because regardless even if his remarks were serious, you cannot let yourself get too seriously agitated by them. Composure is key.

Not everyone reactes in the same way. And above all, you probably react differently when your family is involved. I know I do.

Fair point, but I'd still maintain composure on how I reply because I would prefer to avoid escalation.

I don't suffer fools gladly. Depending on what the other person said or did, I might not want to avoid escalation. Involve my kids, for example, and I will do my best to uttrerly destroy the fool.

And well within your right...But what if, as a hypothetical, their criticisms were called for? (which Soy's was certainly not)

TheoK

« Reply #139 on: October 07, 2009, 06:23:04 AM »
He was just provoking. He was banned at least three times from the Swedish board where I find him, because he posted similar things there. They banned him for trolling, though, because they thought he couldn't be for real.

then the board becomes like a bunch of 4 year olds with better typing skills and more colourful vocabulary, but lacking in substance. There's tasteless jokes, and then there's dude, have a little decency.

He had some very good points about Anglo-centrsim an PC hypocrisy, though, but no one listened to that either.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #140 on: October 07, 2009, 06:24:08 AM »
Seems like soylent green wins by causing all of the controversy. It's like Limbaugh or Beck. They make outrageous statements just to provoke. My suggestion would be to move on.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #141 on: October 07, 2009, 06:24:48 AM »

If I had kids and anyone tried to do anything like that to them, they'd be thankful if the cops caught them before I did, but he didn't mean any of it!

Whether he meant it or not, it's the fact that he dared to even post something as horrible as that. When you have kids it changes you, you become very protective of your kids and other peoples kids.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #142 on: October 07, 2009, 06:26:02 AM »
But what if, as a hypothetical, their criticisms were called for? (which Soy's was certainly not)

I hope I'd listen. If you don't start by calling me a subhuman or attacking my kids, it's conceivable that I would listen.

- Albert Einstein

Celticgoddess

« Reply #143 on: October 07, 2009, 06:27:44 AM »

He had some very good points about Anglo-centrsim an PC hypocrisy, though, but no one listened to that either.

That's because if your verbal attacks, hatred and vile outweigh your substance and well thought out responses, people are not going to remember you for your substance. If you want to get people riled up, fine. But don't make that your main MO because then people won't take you seriously when you do have something worthy to contribute. It's all about balance.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #144 on: October 07, 2009, 06:28:13 AM »

He had a lot of things he said was good, but because he was such an asshole, thinking he was better than everyone else and not afraid to put people down left right and centre, no one gave a crap.

His problem was that he was very rigid and had already made his mind up about what he believed in, not leaving any room for debate. And the idea and ideals he was fixated on were disgusting to say the least.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #145 on: October 07, 2009, 06:29:47 AM »

As I hinted in my previous post, it doesn't help your cause if you start by calling people subhumans before making your points. Why should anyone listen or try to respect the opinions of someone who won't extend that same courtesy to you?

- Albert Einstein

GalileoAce

« Reply #146 on: October 07, 2009, 06:30:24 AM »

He had a lot of things he said was good, but because he was such an asshole, thinking he was better than everyone else and not afraid to put people down left right and centre, no one gave a crap.

His problem was that he was very rigid and had already made his mind up about what he believed in, not leaving any room for debate. And the idea and ideals he was fixated on were disgusting to say the least.

If I recall...I was once a little like that... And by once I mean currently.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #147 on: October 07, 2009, 06:31:32 AM »
 I was curious about Soleyu minus all the insults. He described autism in ways I had not seen before. hyke noticed that as well.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

GalileoAce

« Reply #148 on: October 07, 2009, 06:32:35 AM »
I was curious about Soleyu minus all the insults. He described autism in ways I had not seen before. hyke noticed that as well.

Yes I have to admit that that was intriguing.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #149 on: October 07, 2009, 08:16:11 AM »
Once again the message is lost in the bullshit! When will they learn?
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems