Educational

Author Topic: My new baby  (Read 4089 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: My new baby
« Reply #120 on: October 07, 2009, 07:03:44 AM »
i'm going to an autism thing for retards on friday

i don't want a retarded girlfriend though

(no offense, fellow asspies)

Celticgoddess

« Reply #121 on: October 07, 2009, 07:06:28 AM »
But here's the thing, you've already written someone off before you've even met them. There are some people who are so high functioning that their aspie dx is barely a blip on the radar. Stop limiting yourself. Just go, try to enjoy yourself, and report back here, stat. 8)

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #122 on: October 07, 2009, 07:07:46 AM »
A lovely NT girl is just going to end up breaking your heart.

a tarded AS girl would be more willing to put up with your tarded shit.  ;D

Celticgoddess

« Reply #123 on: October 07, 2009, 07:09:33 AM »

And that is our local PSA for today, folks. You heard it here first, on I2. Now back to your regularly scheduled program. :lol:

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #124 on: October 07, 2009, 07:11:22 AM »

And that is our local PSA for today, folks. You heard it here first, on I2. Now back to your regularly scheduled program. :lol:

Fuck, that's 2 in 1 week form me.  :chin:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2009, 07:12:04 AM »
i know i know, and it's sad :(

i think i deserve at least one lovely NT girl though, even if she does break my heart

then maybe i'll settle for the spazz

from what i see with aspies though, we generally come in two types:

the ones that realise they're different and react by becoming more withdrawn and are usually very quiet, nervous, anxiety-ridden and depressive

then the ones that just don't even seem to realise/care that they're different, talk a lot and come across as extremely spazzy

the first type would be fine, except that that is the type i am, and i don't think it would work, me being with someone equally scared and cowardly... i want a hot NT girl who won't be as quiet and creepy as i am

but do any hot NT women like creepy aspie guys?

nope  :-[

Offline Untermensch

• Galactic Dictator
  • Constant Poster
  • Sub-human scum
« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2009, 07:13:42 AM »
if i didn't have AS though, the chances are things would be different in most, if not all of these ways:

youd get bullied less at school
youd be more independent, live alone
youd have girlfriends, relationships
you wouldn't have other things that come along with AS like social anxiety and depression

obviously some asspies can live alone and have relationships, but it's a lot harder and many of us can't do it at all even in their 20s and 30s

my being a retard might be interestong and entertaining to u cg but i find it shitty  :P

You aren't retarded, I have known people who are actually retarded, they do things like primary school maths and English in adult education. You on the other hand are an university student and you need to have some intelligence to do university study. Some of my friends cant do university education, because they aren't intelligent enough.
We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
-- Richard Dawkins

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2009, 07:13:48 AM »
Then learn to like something else.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2009, 07:18:10 AM »

Fuck, that's 2 in 1 week form me.  :chin:

Yeah right after I hit post I thought, shit. I think I used that line on him earlier.

Damn. I need some new material. :laugh:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2009, 07:43:27 AM »
benji
You still don't get it.  And i'm not whining about stuff I can't change.  And duh, Wrongplanet has a giveaway in the title.  We'd be fine if everything was made to suit us, but it isn't and never will be.  The feeling of being fucked off with the way things are, comes from autism, getting frustrated with yourself to the point of wanting to stick your head in a fire.  You'll never know that feeling truely.  So cut the crap

Again, bullshit. It isn't your autism or AS in itself that's making you feel that way. If that were the case, then every autistic person on the planet would be doped up to gills in some fucking mental home because they couldn't hack it. People whine about how shit they are, but the same goes for the average Joe doing his 9 to 5 and playing golf on the weekends. The reason you are feeling shit, is probably because you haven't fully accepted who you are DEEP INSIDE. Some call it searching for yourself; maybe it's what you need to do. Fuck labels and shit, you are who you are.

Soph
aspergers IS who we are inside. and yeah you could end up even worse if you took the cure, but look at the figures - they speak for themselves. you're much more likely to be depressed and have other mental problems if you are autistic. you're much less likely to have successful relationships and a career if you are autistic. you are much less likely to have genuine friendships if you are autistic. if i had been born an NT, i bet i would have a better life

Again, that isn't true. While you have autism or AS as a condition, it's NOT who you are as a person. I don't tend to take much stock in so-called research quoting figures about who people are supposed to be and whatever, that's just a lot of psychobabble there to confuse the issue. You make of your life what you can, and you take whatever is thrown at you and deal with it the best you can. You might be finding it hard now, Soph, but remember - you are only 21. You still have a fucking long life ahead of you. Time to do anything you want. Relationships WILL happen (and if they don't, who really cares?). There are plenty of careers for people, even with AS, out there; so you don't need to feel worried there. The only real problem is the feeling of insecurity that you amy be having in not fulfilling your dreams at the moment. Look at what you HAVE done, though. You are in 3rd year uni, doing a degree that can lead you to a good career, you are good with your forum and other tech stuff, and you are good with your pets. I know of plenty of people who DON'T have AS who would kill to be able to do HALF of that stuff. Be proud with your achievements. And don't get sucked into the belief that being NT would make you a better person, because the person you are is the one we all know and respect.

Yeah, all of us are different and have different ways of dealing with it.  Plus the damage done by drugs, just makes any of the symptoms of autism worse.  I know who I am deep inside, and I have aacepted it, I don't like it, i'm fine most of the time, but then I get fed up with being the way I am.  Anyway, you don't have to understand, and stop making out you know best.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2009, 11:05:47 AM »
i know i know, and it's sad :(

i think i deserve at least one lovely NT girl though, even if she does break my heart

then maybe i'll settle for the spazz

from what i see with aspies though, we generally come in two types:

the ones that realise they're different and react by becoming more withdrawn and are usually very quiet, nervous, anxiety-ridden and depressive

then the ones that just don't even seem to realise/care that they're different, talk a lot and come across as extremely spazzy

the first type would be fine, except that that is the type i am, and i don't think it would work, me being with someone equally scared and cowardly... i want a hot NT girl who won't be as quiet and creepy as i am

but do any hot NT women like creepy aspie guys?

nope  :-[

OK, so if you think that the quiet nervous type is wrong for you which I'm not even sure I agree with, then what is wrong with someone who's a little talkative and spazzy?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2009, 11:14:35 AM »
because talkative aspies are just that: people who make it obvious they're weird

did u watch the bbc  program hadron linked to the other week? The Autistic Me?

i'm like the blonde kid - quiet and depressed and weird but in a withdrawn way. the other two are the talkative ones, which are even more cringeworthy. i want a girl who's either normal, or fucked up but not in social ways. like marla singer. i could have a fucked up gf like her. godforbid i ever end up with an aspie though

no offense, i am a spazz too

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2009, 11:18:20 AM »
Soph: you told me to be myself, and tto stop trying too hard. Now it's time for you to do the same. You give fucking good advice, and you need to put to use that same advice on yourself. So just be yourself, like you told me, and don't worry anbout anyone else.  :thumbup:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #133 on: October 07, 2009, 02:55:14 PM »
yeh but dude you're getting married. i need a gf :P

GalileoAce

« Reply #134 on: October 07, 2009, 08:20:51 PM »
i need a gf :P

No you don't. You need to believe that you don't need a girlfriend.