Educational

Author Topic: My new baby  (Read 4140 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: My new baby
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2009, 07:16:19 PM »
thanks. i appreciate it. i just disagree lol

if someone gave me a pill and said it would totally cure my AS, i don't think i would take it, as i'd be too scared of what i'd be instead. but i'd definitely be tempted

i reckon it's the fact that so many of us have more than one problem that makes it so shit

like with me, i could deal with the AS shit if i werent trans, and i could deal with the problems from that better if i werent retarded

thats how i see it anyyway

Blasted

« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2009, 07:16:53 PM »

obviously there are alsoNTs who are failures

Yeah, just look at me.  Should make you feel better about yourself instantly.

i got the feeling u were improving your life over the last yera or so? back at college etc
u definitely don't have to be a failure with other stuff either. i mean you could do the whole get married, live in your own place, have a career, family etc. i can see that as something you can do (if u wanted to) i mean. whereas i will be here living with my mum when im 40 lol

I panic when things get too nice and good (in college, with people, whatever) and turn around and smash it all.  I don't see why you can't have any of those things yourself though.  You just got stuck into thinking that AS means you're fucked for life but look at others on here.  They have jobs, their own houses and families.  It is possible.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2009, 07:21:18 PM »
thanks. i appreciate it. i just disagree lol

if someone gave me a pill and said it would totally cure my AS, i don't think i would take it, as i'd be too scared of what i'd be instead. but i'd definitely be tempted

i reckon it's the fact that so many of us have more than one problem that makes it so shit

like with me, i could deal with the AS shit if i werent trans, and i could deal with the problems from that better if i werent retarded

thats how i see it anyyway

Fair enough.

Weird thing is, I DID actually have similar feeling when i went to High School - got picked on because of my poor eyesight, and was generally a loner. Didn't have my first gf until 19 or 20, and sort of felt out of things alot. So I do know where you are coming from.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2009, 07:23:35 PM »
On the flipside, my sister is NT, beautiful, extremely smart and has a helluva lot going for her and she's had one boyfriend which didn't happen until her mid 20's. I guess you just never know which way the dice will roll.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2009, 07:24:20 PM »

Even after a shit childhood and a lot of struggles in adult life, I still don't want to be cured. I like who I am. I like the way my brain works and how I process things. I enjoy some of the sensory processing abnormalities I have. Is it a lot of work? Yes. Are there some days that seem absolutely unbearable? Of course. But I like who I am. I'd be boring if I wasn't me.

If someone gave you a pill and said it would make you not trans, would you take it?

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2009, 07:25:16 PM »

On the flipside, my sister is NT, beautiful, extremely smart...

Is she your twin sister?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2009, 07:26:56 PM »
On the flipside, my sister is NT, beautiful, extremely smart and has a helluva lot going for her and she's had one boyfriend which didn't happen until her mid 20's. I guess you just never know which way the dice will roll.
on the flipside? what am i, ugly and dumb?  :thumbup:

i'm not whining or anything, although it sounds like it. i'm just saying, it's v unlikely i will get a normal life. can anyone here SERIOUSLY see me getting a hot gf and living with her? if it was just one of these thigs that was the problem, there'd be a chance. but a transgendered autistic who looks like a 12 yr old and cant talk to women properly at all? sure i could get a gf, but what KIND of gf? yeah  :P

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2009, 07:28:26 PM »
If someone gave you a pill and said it would make you not trans, would you take it?

in what way? a pill that turned me into a girl physically and mentally, or a pill that turned me into a non-trans guy?

i wouldn't take the first, for the same reason i wouldn't take the AS thing as i'd be a totally different person and dunno how that would go.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2009, 07:29:53 PM »

I guess I don't really know much about the trans stuff. I try to understand what you are going through but I don't know if I can.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2009, 07:30:51 PM »

On the flipside, my sister is NT, beautiful, extremely smart...

Is she your twin sister?

Ha. No, she's 10 years younger and we look nothing alike. I'm 5'9", short blonde hair. She's 5'5", long dark brown hair. She excels in history and languages, I'm business and theatre. We're both musically inclined (she's a celtic harpist, I play 6 instruments) but we're both very sarcastic and witty. In the end, we balance each other out. ;)

Blasted

« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2009, 07:32:10 PM »
on the flipside? what am i, ugly and dumb?  :thumbup:

i'm not whining or anything, although it sounds like it. i'm just saying, it's v unlikely i will get a normal life. can anyone here SERIOUSLY see me getting a hot gf and living with her? if it was just one of these thigs that was the problem, there'd be a chance. but a transgendered autistic who looks like a 12 yr old and cant talk to women properly at all? sure i could get a gf, but what KIND of gf? yeah  :P

You took that 12 year old comment way to heart  :laugh:

Blasted

« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2009, 07:33:19 PM »
I play 6 instruments

Did I mention you're awesome?  :o

Is any of them by any chance a ukulele?  :zoinks:

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2009, 07:33:57 PM »

Ha. No, she's 10 years younger and we look nothing alike. I'm 5'9", short blonde hair. She's 5'5", long dark brown hair. She excels in history and languages, I'm business and theatre. We're both musically inclined (she's a celtic harpist, I play 6 instruments) but we're both very sarcastic and witty. In the end, we balance each other out. ;)

Is she on the spectrum as well?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2009, 07:37:13 PM »
on the flipside? what am i, ugly and dumb?  :thumbup:

i'm not whining or anything, although it sounds like it. i'm just saying, it's v unlikely i will get a normal life. can anyone here SERIOUSLY see me getting a hot gf and living with her? if it was just one of these thigs that was the problem, there'd be a chance. but a transgendered autistic who looks like a 12 yr old and cant talk to women properly at all? sure i could get a gf, but what KIND of gf? yeah  :P

You took that 12 year old comment way to heart  :laugh:

yeah never gonna forgive that PMSElle  :hitler:

Celticgoddess

« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2009, 07:40:16 PM »
I play 6 instruments

Did I mention you're awesome?  :o

Is any of them by any chance a ukulele?  :zoinks:

No, but that would be totally awesome to play. :laugh:

I need to pick up guitar. It's the only one I swoon over that I don't actually play. Singing is still my fav.