Educational

Author Topic: OZ Dust Storm  (Read 498 times)

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
Re: OZ Dust Storm
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2009, 10:58:18 PM »
Get your ass to Mars

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 12:17:53 AM »
Holy shit, WOW!  :zombiefuck:

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2009, 10:22:56 PM »
Dust-laden skies the colour of pumpkin are not a frequently-occurring phenomenon here. Still, when my husband was urging me to go outside and have a look, my reaction was "Eugh, no thanks." :o The sky returned to its usual blue after a few hours, and then there was a lot of sweeping-up of rust-coloured gritty dust to be done. I'd rather clean up after a dust storm than a bushfire, though.

Offline Untermensch

• Galactic Dictator
  • Constant Poster
  • Sub-human scum
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2009, 10:26:43 PM »
I am used to the occasional dust storm, although they are a bit of an inconvenience. Especially for example; when your car becomes covered in dust.
We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
-- Richard Dawkins

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 10:43:13 PM »
I am used to the occasional dust storm, although they are a bit of an inconvenience. Especially for example; when your car becomes covered in dust.

It's worse when you get rain and a dust storm at the same time, it practically rains specks of mud. We've had that on a few occasions, some recently.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Untermensch

• Galactic Dictator
  • Constant Poster
  • Sub-human scum
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2009, 10:49:21 PM »

It's worse when you get rain and a dust storm at the same time, it practically rains specks of mud. We've had that on a few occasions, some recently.

True
We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
-- Richard Dawkins

Offline matthe

• gifted asshole
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • quit fucking with my dogs equilibrium yo
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2009, 08:29:16 PM »
where i live, we get storms like that every august. not a big deal to me, i kinda like them cause it means rain is coming. sometimes it rains mud sideways with the sun shining.  :zoinks:

i can imagine that people would think the world was ending there, as ive seen out of towners here flip out about the monsoon storms. i imagine i would think it was pretty lame, if i wasnt used to it.

feix ma spellan. ai nide halp. coz i caent duet.