Author Topic: Impure autistic communities  (Read 2769 times)

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
Re: Impure autistic communities
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2009, 06:54:16 AM »
Baha, Eddie would fuck you up.  Go on Iron Maiden's official website and tell them you don't like it.  Oh no, you wouldn't cause you're a coward  :hahaha:
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2009, 07:15:36 AM »
What would they do? Say I'm an idiot?

"Oh no, they're going to call me an idiot, I'm so scared. :'( :'( :'("

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2009, 07:21:18 AM »
I was talking to TCO.  But yeah, he probably can't even take that, without backup.  He actually doesn't have the bottle to stand up to people online  :lol:  let alone in the real world.  I'm sure you'd be safe in the comfort of your room though Shleed  :laugh:  Mind you, you know what die hard fans are like of some artists, they'd probably hunt you down >:D
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2009, 07:48:35 AM »
If they hunt me down and harm me, I'll let them do it. I'll be having the last laugh with a nice insurance claim. :laugh:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2009, 07:59:11 AM »
Your parents would get it, cause you'd be dead  ;) as if they're not rich enough.

Offline The Member Formerly Known As Sophist

• Too Eliter for the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I am what I am and that's all what I am.
    • Gestalt: An Autism Forum
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2009, 08:02:03 AM »
I don't give a crap what diagnosis a person has or doesn't. I hang around forums where there's people I get along with. Simple as that. Sometimes that's auties, sometimes not.

Having been around the online ASC community since 2004, I learned fairly quickly that an autistic is just as capable of being an asshole as any other person on earth.

I stick with people I like; not a label. n00bs and elitists do otherwise. And whenever one of them posts a thread like this, I tend to end up saying the same thing over and over, i.e., the above.
Flibbit.

GalileoAce

« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2009, 08:03:42 AM »
Your parents would get it, cause you'd be dead  ;) as if they're not rich enough.

I'd seriously wonder about a person's sanity if they were driven to murder simply because someone insulted their taste in music.

I don't give a crap what diagnosis a person has or doesn't. I hang around forums where there's people I get along with. Simple as that. Sometimes that's auties, sometimes not.
Having been around the online ASC community since 2004, I learned fairly quickly that an autistic is just as capable of being an asshole as any other person on earth.
I stick with people I like; not a label. n00bs and elitists do otherwise. And whenever one of them posts a thread like this, I tend to end up saying the same thing over and over, i.e., the above.

Is that not a definition of insanity? Doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result? Or is that science? ;)

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2009, 08:08:08 AM »

If I die, I die. It'll show how retarded metalheads are. :zoinks:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2009, 10:40:15 AM »
I wouldn't kill someone just for disliking my music, probably just put them into a coma  :P

Haha, i'm not a metalhead.  And Michael Jackson fans are the most aggressive

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2009, 01:09:40 PM »

Is that not a definition of insanity? Doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result? Or is that science? ;)

Surely it's both.  :green:
Flibbit.

P7PSP

« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2009, 06:08:34 AM »

I'd seriously wonder about a person's sanity if they were driven to murder simply because someone insulted their taste in music.
That would indeed be pretty lame.

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2009, 03:44:18 AM »

I find myself saying the same things again and again in the forums myself, Sophist. My stock response on this question is: Neurotypicals beget aspies and aspies beget neurotypicals. In the long run, crossbreeding is probably in everyone's best interests. Not just for the autists, but for the species as a whole. Assortative mating trends (couples where the partners are both aspies) tend to result, according to some, in a higher incidence of births of severely-impaired autistic children. A dash of it in the parents is a good thing; too much of it in the children is not. That in itself is a strong argument for hybridisation. If autism is a heritable trait, and the evidence is accumulating that it is, a genetic marker or markers will be identified. Antenatal testing is a blunt instrument; merely carrying a gene is not a reliable indicator of a person's chances of success in life, but none of that will matter to the pro-cure lobby. I'm all for the survival of whatever it is that makes us, us. Mutual tolerance, not separatism, will allow that to happen.

Blasted

« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2009, 06:37:16 AM »
Crossbreeding  :laugh:

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2009, 07:53:27 AM »
Thing about ASC, despite its extreme heritability, it's not only a spectrum within itself but part of the larger human spectrum. Meaning, the genetics underlying it are potentially common throughout the entire race's genome. Plus, concerning the specific neuroanatomical makeup of ASC, there are potentially different factors (genomic, nongenomic, and environmental) which can lead to similar ends.

So say you have a single neuroanatomical characteristic that, at a certain extreme, underlies autism. This phenotype has a long path through development (multiple stages during prenatal development, then early postnatal, then later postnatal, etc.) in order to arrive to where it is, the aspect which defines autism. Given this single path trajectory, there is the potential that multiple factors at different times could all divert said path, increasing the likelihood of autism. But they're not all the same causes.

When it comes to the development of the cortex, for instance, you can ultimately define total cell number by:

1) prolonging the division of progenitor cells (symmetric division in which progenitors continue to give rise to more progenitors) which will eventually end up giving rise to all the neurons;

2) prolonging the asymmetric cell division of progenitor cells as they give rise to new neurons;

3) disrupting apoptotic mechanisms so that pruning does not occur appropriately.

Each of these three mechanisms will increase total cell count, but they each have the potential to arise from different genomic/nongenomic/environmental factors.
Flibbit.

TheoK

« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2013, 05:45:31 PM »
I still think it was funnier when he was around.