Author Topic: Mixing checks with checks  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Soleiyu

• Racist leach sucking on the government tit
  • SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
Mixing checks with checks
« on: September 12, 2009, 04:30:39 PM »
I want to hear the oppinion of you retards...

I was thinking of buying one of these because it's the perfect outerwear for the cold season. Never really trendy and never out of fashion. A true classic:

http://uk.burberry.com/fcp/product/clothing-accessories/coats/short-duffle-coat/10000000119?colour=dark%20grey%20melange&lastcategoryurl=true

However, the back of the neck is burberry checked. Would this make it ugly to use together with a checked scarf in a different colour/pattern? I mean, it's a small area of the back of the neck/inside of the hood that's checked, the scarf will be visible mostly from the front. Or should I just go with a solid coloured scarf?

I have a pretty good sense of dressing but I usually dress in plain dark colours with contrasting white. I'm no good at checks but I think it looks good none the less.
Kick me

TheoK

Re: Mixing checks with checks
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 04:36:12 PM »
I have a cashmere overcoat with a felt scarf when I want to look fancy.  8)

Offline Soleiyu

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 04:41:27 PM »
I have a cashmere overcoat with a felt scarf when I want to look fancy.  8)

I can't wear large coats buttoned/closed, but I would like to have a large double breasted coat to wear open together with riding boots and belted jacket. Kind of like nazi uniforms. I have a black belted cashmere jacket with extremely high waistline, almost like edwardian era uniforms, with large military/cargo pockets. To this I either use a single breasted hooded 3/4 trench (I'm just 180 and not very wide/buff) or a medieval/opera lady style, one piece cloak/cape I just wrap around without closing. This one would be nice to wear on top of a uniform-style outfit:

http://www.matchesfashion.com/fcp/product/Matches-Fashion/Outerwear/burberry-prorsum-bur-w-4366551-p65076-outerwear/11562?colour=black

The duffle in the first link is the perfect "everyday" coat for me however. It fits my frame. And it's more affordable than that military coat and I would use it more often. I only dress like a nazi/fascist/evil general-emperor etc when I'm really angry. A duffle better fits my harmonious state of mind, where I just want a cozy jacket to hide in rather than present an impressive and sinister appearence.

Here's probably my dream outfit atm... I haven't found that coat online anywhere even though at least 4 large online boutiques sell Ann Demeulemeester:

It would probably be as expensive as the military coat in the link above, but if I saw I would save/buy. The riding boots on the picture are available for €800 on a few online boutiqes. Ann Demeulemeester is probably my favorite designer, if I had an endless budget and could spend on all the excentric clothes while still maintaining a more "average" wardrobe. As it is now I have to prioritize... Something which would make me look like I stepped out of a Castlevania game or something I could wear on any occasion any day. I wish I could afford both.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 04:54:38 PM by Soleiyu »
Kick me

TheoK

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 04:53:45 PM »
Nice clothing.  8)

Offline Soleiyu

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 04:56:47 PM »
Nice clothing.  8)

Should I get those riding boots and try to hamster as much Ann D F/W 2009/10 as I can get my hands on or should I be realistic and buy stuff which isn't as "extreme"? I'm like 50% there already, I already dress a little like the Ann D models and I did for many years but the current FW collection just pwns, beyond words. It's like Austria-Hungary meets Wild West meets Nazi Germany meets Vampire/Castlevania/Hellsing. It's too nice.
Kick me

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 04:59:36 PM »
i've said it before and i'll say it again

i don't know shit about fashion

Blasted

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 05:03:17 PM »
Military type jackets ftw. 

I want this one but it's too fucking expensive:

TheoK

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 05:03:33 PM »
Nice clothing.  8)

Should I get those riding boots and try to hamster as much Ann D F/W 2009/10 as I can get my hands on or should I be realistic and buy stuff which isn't as "extreme"? I'm like 50% there already, I already dress a little like the Ann D models and I did for many years but the current FW collection just pwns, beyond words. It's like Austria-Hungary meets Wild West meets Nazi Germany meets Vampire/Castlevania/Hellsing. It's too nice.

Go on.  8)

Offline Soleiyu

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 05:05:07 PM »

Nice, it looks anime-ish = good.
Kick me

Offline Soleiyu

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 05:09:42 PM »
Nice clothing.  8)

Go on.  8)

I'm just so divided here. One day I want to look like a classic with a twist/neat/cozy/cute dressed type the next day I want to dress like a sinister black mage reichmarshall vampire lord. My wardrobe atm fits both if I combine it the right way but the things I want for this fall are just too expensive for me to be able to get both styles. I have to focus on one. Either it's the prussian goth style all the way or it's a more generally useful style. Somedays I just don't want people to look at me ALL the time and think I'm crazy.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 05:12:40 PM by Soleiyu »
Kick me

TheoK

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2009, 05:11:20 PM »
I'd go for vampire.  8)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2009, 05:12:20 PM »
right now i'm wearing blue shorts and an old faded kurt cobain tshirt with no sleeves

i'm so hot  :shamone:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2009, 06:10:19 PM »

That one is very nice.  Maybe you could save up some money for it?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 06:11:54 PM »
I have a cashmere overcoat with a felt scarf when I want to look fancy.  8)

I can't wear large coats buttoned/closed, but I would like to have a large double breasted coat to wear open together with riding boots and belted jacket. Kind of like nazi uniforms. I have a black belted cashmere jacket with extremely high waistline, almost like edwardian era uniforms, with large military/cargo pockets. To this I either use a single breasted hooded 3/4 trench (I'm just 180 and not very wide/buff) or a medieval/opera lady style, one piece cloak/cape I just wrap around without closing. This one would be nice to wear on top of a uniform-style outfit:

http://www.matchesfashion.com/fcp/product/Matches-Fashion/Outerwear/burberry-prorsum-bur-w-4366551-p65076-outerwear/11562?colour=black

This one is very nice, but I agree that it's also very expensive.

Blasted

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2009, 06:15:06 PM »

That one is very nice.  Maybe you could save up some money for it?

I'm in the process of bribing my grandmother to buy me it as a joint birthday-Christmas present.  Sometimes it pays to be born in December  :P