Author Topic: MOUSE!  (Read 2469 times)

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: MOUSE!
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2006, 09:35:34 PM »
I've got allergies to them too.  :( I think it's just the dander I'm allergic too though. My dad used to have a poodle and a bijon, and I wasn't allergic to them because their fur is different.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2006, 09:58:41 PM »
I wonder if they would be allergic to a poodle?

Does anyone know what sort of training an animal has to have before it can be classified as a service animal?  Because we could take a service animal with us everywhere, even into a restaurant or onto an airplane, but we would have to leave a pet at home.

Triste

« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2006, 11:14:47 PM »
I did a little research into that, because I wanted to be able to take my Golden Retriever into nursing homes.  In the US there are complicated rules.  Basically unless you are blind or deaf and have a nationally-certified dog, it does not qualify as a service animal.  There are other categories of training you can put a dog through, such as Therapy Dog (which is what I'm going to do one day), but the laws are such that even a certified Therapy Dog cannot go into places Guide Dogs can, such as airplanes and restaurants. 

There are people who are working on changing this, but as you know, the US is slow to change anything.

ozymandias

« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2006, 05:34:02 PM »
We had a big mouse problem earlier this month.  It was a mother and three of her kiddies.  I don't like to kill them either, so I have live traps or "Havahart" traps as they are called where I live.  One of them started chewing the buttons on the tv remote control.  And they were running around the tv room while we were having our supper.

Well, I caught all four of them and released them at the neaby deserted fairgrounds, where there's a chance for food and shelter.  It's a site for various functions as well as the big country fair in about a month.

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2006, 10:24:06 PM »
We had a big mouse problem earlier this month. It was a mother and three of her kiddies. I don't like to kill them either, so I have live traps or "Havahart" traps as they are called where I live. One of them started chewing the buttons on the tv remote control. And they were running around the tv room while we were having our supper.

Well, I caught all four of them and released them at the neaby deserted fairgrounds, where there's a chance for food and shelter. It's a site for various functions as well as the big country fair in about a month.

Ozy, thats what i like to hear someone who has respect for nature and wildlife, +1 for you.  8)

Allergies pfffttt i have allergies to people but well i still force myself to mix with them from time to time. ;)

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2006, 10:50:55 PM »
My husband had the allergy shots, as much as he hates needles, but they did not really help.

There's no way I am putting our daughter through that.  She already takes Zyrtec and Nasonex, so if we got a pet she is allergic to, she would probably get asthma.  I think she has enough health problems without me consciously adding to them.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2006, 11:47:30 PM »
I've got pretty bad allergies myself and also have asthma. It sucks...and I've been sick the past few days.

Triste

« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2006, 05:01:00 PM »
I've never had allergies, but I've lived with two different people who thought they were allergic to pets, only to discover it was mold.  Both times, when either removed from the moldy house or when the mold was removed from the house, the allergies disappeared immediately.

THS: toxic house syndrome

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2006, 05:03:13 PM »
I'm allergic to dogs, so when I played with scruffs, I'd start sneezing and my hands would get itchy and break out in exzema if I didn't wash them and apply steroid cream.  Usually I used gloves or a tea towel when playing with her, and I'd change my clothes if they got too much of her smell on them.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Triste

« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2006, 05:16:01 PM »
That's so sad.  One of the small joys in life is to pet a dog or pussy.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2006, 05:42:55 PM »
I've never had allergies, but I've lived with two different people who thought they were allergic to pets, only to discover it was mold.  Both times, when either removed from the moldy house or when the mold was removed from the house, the allergies disappeared immediately.

THS: toxic house syndrome

My husband and daughter are both highly allergic to several different types of mold as well.

They were tested to find out the specific allergens they were allergic to.  My daughter had a RAST test.  She loved to eat corn, but we found out she was very allergic to it and it was the primary cause of her eczema.  We thought she might be allergic to milk, but the test showed she was not.

Eamonn

« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2006, 06:26:01 PM »
Hoots mon, there's a moose loose aboot this hoose!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2006, 06:27:26 PM »
your so fucking stupid you dipshit. go away! ;)
Misunderstood.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2006, 06:28:45 PM »
I didn't know eamonn had canadian in him.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2006, 06:29:53 PM »
he'd have a little southern caliifornian in him if i could only catch him.
Misunderstood.