Educational

Author Topic: Ask Soleiyu some shit  (Read 11773 times)

TheoK

Re: Ask Soleiyu some shit
« Reply #165 on: September 16, 2009, 12:25:09 AM »
Yes, there were many Rotschilds in Upper Austria and Bohemia in the 19th Century.

::)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #166 on: September 16, 2009, 03:52:48 AM »
Seriously, the way to equality is not to keep others from looking good.
Of course it is, its the poor and the disabled who are less able to get this kind of plastic surgery. Hence you instantly mark someone out past a certain age as lower class.
"Out past a certain age"???  If someone looks old, you're telling me you assume they're poor and disabled?

The poor and disabled are less likely to have a chance to change their appearence. If plastic surgery becomes the norm, you can bet they will on average lose out a reasonable amount. Asides, do you want to live in a society which places a ridiculous amount of value on appearence? Because I would rather not, to be quite frank.

TheoK

« Reply #167 on: September 16, 2009, 03:54:49 AM »
I look brave and Aryan without plastic surgery.  8)

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #168 on: September 16, 2009, 03:55:32 AM »
I thought you had no hair. :P

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #169 on: September 16, 2009, 04:41:35 AM »
Of course it is, its the poor and the disabled who are less able to get this kind of plastic surgery. Hence you instantly mark someone out past a certain age as lower class.
"Out past a certain age"???  If someone looks old, you're telling me you assume they're poor and disabled?

The poor and disabled are less likely to have a chance to change their appearence. If plastic surgery becomes the norm, you can bet they will on average lose out a reasonable amount. Asides, do you want to live in a society which places a ridiculous amount of value on appearence? Because I would rather not, to be quite frank.
So you admit it's not the norm, even though it's allowed and, therefore, in your mind, "encouraged."
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

TheoK

« Reply #170 on: September 16, 2009, 04:42:39 AM »
I thought you had no hair. :P

Wrong. It's a bit thin but 20% of all guys my age have no hair at all, and I have it cut it in a way so that it won't be noticed very much.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #171 on: September 16, 2009, 05:05:07 AM »

So you admit it's not the norm, even though it's allowed and, therefore, in your mind, "encouraged."
Its on track to being a social norm - business in that sector is absolutely booming.

Offline Soleiyu

• Racist leach sucking on the government tit
  • SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #172 on: September 16, 2009, 07:11:15 AM »
Do you have any Jewish ancestry?

Me? No.

Damn, I was wondering where your anti-Semitism came from. For Hitler it could have come from the fact, his father was probably a bastard child of a Rothschild no less.

I don't think Hitler's hatred had anything to do with jewish ancestry. I don't really HATE the jews either, I'm just annoyed with them and find them provocative.
Kick me

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #173 on: September 16, 2009, 02:48:02 PM »
Lol, when I want to do that I use the word "bog". Even more effective... :P

Even worse. :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #174 on: September 16, 2009, 02:50:34 PM »
You'd still use a word like "toilet" and instantly (and forever) mark yourself as the filth you are. ;)
...huh?

You'd have to carefully study the Brits to get that. It's a strict class hierarchy, still. Someone using the word "toilet" instead of, say, "loo", will instantly be recognise as lower class or lower middle class (worse).
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #175 on: September 16, 2009, 03:09:54 PM »
You'd still use a word like "toilet" and instantly (and forever) mark yourself as the filth you are. ;)
...huh?

You'd have to carefully study the Brits to get that. It's a strict class hierarchy, still. Someone using the word "toilet" instead of, say, "loo", will instantly be recognise as lower class or lower middle class (worse).
I think you have it the other way around, "Loo" is the lower class one out of the two. Or even lower, use "Bog" or "Crapper".

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #176 on: September 16, 2009, 04:27:20 PM »
...huh?

I think you have it the other way around, "Loo" is the lower class one out of the two. Or even lower, use "Bog" or "Crapper".

I agree.  'Toilet' is more polite and formal, while 'loo' is more colloquial, at least as far as I understand it.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

TheoK

« Reply #177 on: September 16, 2009, 10:00:51 PM »
Don't you say "bathroom" about that place other Europeans call toilet?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #178 on: September 17, 2009, 12:10:03 AM »
...huh?

That's what I thought, too, when I used "toilet" in place of "loo", and was told off by a certain witch who used to post here. According to her (and a sociologist who wrote about the English in a book I can't remember the title of, right now), "loo" is higher up.

The explanation seems to be that if you really are upper class, you don't have to care. Reverse logic but it makes sense.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #179 on: September 17, 2009, 12:10:44 AM »
Don't you say "bathroom" about that place other Europeans call toilet?

I'm sure the sociologists can now place you, too. :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein