Author Topic: cursing  (Read 1281 times)

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
cursing
« on: August 26, 2009, 11:30:51 PM »

What are your thoughts on cursing?

I believe cursing is what people use when they lack the adequate vocabulary to articulate their thoughts.

However, I do use curse words regularly.

I guess I am a cursing hypocrite.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: cursing
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 11:33:05 PM »
I don't curse very often, especially not in front of my daughter or other children.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 11:34:26 PM »
I fucking love cursing like shit.

But to be serious, I don't see cursing that inappropriate these days if it's just general conversation, unless it's aimed at someone intentionally to insult them.

Personally, I rarely use the C word, that's probably the only swear that I feel is too powerful for ordinary cursing use.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 12:05:47 AM »
I'm blaming it on "outside forces". :angel:

I grew around retired coal miners.

I spent too much time with my dad in the garage when he was fixing the car.

I'm clumsy and skilled at the art of self-injury.

Stress & hormonal inbalances. :laugh:

Offline matthe

• gifted asshole
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • quit fucking with my dogs equilibrium yo
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 03:48:35 AM »
there are no curse words left. carl reiner (creator of dick van dyke) said cunt on comedy central as the closing word in his roast to joan rivers.
feix ma spellan. ai nide halp. coz i caent duet.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 05:16:35 AM »
Curse words are like sentence decorations.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 07:21:58 AM »
I don't even hesitate to use the word "cunt" in the right company.  I clean up my language when the situation dictates, but I have no problem with it if the people around me don't, either.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 07:42:43 AM »
I fucking love cursing like shit.

But to be serious, I don't see cursing that inappropriate these days if it's just general conversation, unless it's aimed at someone intentionally to insult them.

Personally, I rarely use the C word, that's probably the only swear that I feel is too powerful for ordinary cursing use.

Cunt's apparently too powerful? You fucking big dirty cunt. :laugh:

I don't really give a shit about swearing, although IRL I do swear considerably less than I do online. They're just words at the end of the day, some of them weren't even swear words to begin with. Also like PC terms, some "clean" words will become swear words sooner or later.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 07:47:37 AM »
I have my preferences... besides it's good to save one swear word for special occasions. :orly:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 02:38:47 PM »
Funny how the C-word is seen as such a strong curse in english.

In dutch I saw 'Kut' (dutch for cunt) being used on the cover of a very decent but modern ladies magazine.

I myself do not swear that much, if I do, I have a reason.
And I try not to do it with my kids around.
Once my then 5 yo daughter was upset with me, hearing me say 'fuck'. I told her if a washing machine broke down for the third time in two months, having no idea where to get the money from to have it fixed or replaced, and having a totally drenched kitchen because of that for the second time, it was ok to say 'fuck'. Told her she was allowed to join me. So we shouted 'fuck' together.

After that, if I did caught her swearing, I'd ask if the reason was as bad as having a broken washingmachine. And she'd stop and say it wasn't.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Blasted

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 02:44:26 PM »
I quite like swearing.  Also find "cunt" to be the most satisfactory word for female genitals.  None of that "pussy" or "fanny" nonsense.  "Vagina" on the other hand sounds too medical for my taste.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 02:52:39 PM »

Told her she was allowed to join me. So we shouted 'fuck' together.

After that, if I did caught her swearing, I'd ask if the reason was as bad as having a broken washingmachine. And she'd stop and say it wasn't.

:plus:  That's funny as hell.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 04:43:34 PM »
I don't really like it. It bothers me but sometimes is fine but when you curse all the time I don't like it. Cursing just expresses how frustrated you are but when you do it all the time, it tells me you are an angry person and you have a lot of anger issues and need help. I had two boyfriends who cursed a lot. My ex had a lot of anger in him and the other one, I don't know. He had low self esteem too and he hardly ever sounded angry. While lot of men hide their emotions and act tough, my second ex didn't because he was genuine and honest about himself and didn't hide his feelings so he was seen as very emotional. Lot of women might see him as a wuss because that is how men are viewed when they cry or express themselves or show their true feelings.

Also when people curse for the heck of it, it messes with my brain it feels like because cursing implies you're upset and it expresses how angry you are but when people curse for no reason, I find it confusing. I don't understand their emotions then. When I see people cursing out in public, I get scared because I don't know if they are going to take out a gun and start shooting the person they were fighting with and then shoot the others who saw the incident including me or start doing other things like get violent with hitting and killing with their hands and then I had just witnessed a murder. I get so tense and uptight. But if it's someone I know, then I don't get scared because I know they don't have guns on them and they don't start hurting people when they are mad. I used to think there was something wrong with my but my mom says this is all normal. I guess no wonder why public places ban swearing. People aren't even allowed to swear on our buses her in our city or on the train and I can remember being 16 and this lady starts cursing and the worker on the Amtrak train tells her she had to knock it off or she gets kicked off. Work places don't allow swearing either.

Blasted

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 04:48:47 PM »
You wouldn't last a day in London  :laugh:  Out of curiosity, what is the penalty for someone swearing in public?  Do they go jail or pay a fine? :aff:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 05:12:39 PM »
I've pretty much said fuck quite a few times on the phone while taking the bus.

The only way they'd kick you off over here is that you're fucking annoying and loud. Recently, the bus driver kicked out a bunch of chavvy bints playing shitty rap on their mobile phones really loud and generally talking far too loud. They tried to deny it and almost tried to put the blame on someone else, but it was obvious that it was them.