Educational

Author Topic: Do you think you can visually tell...  (Read 681 times)

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
Do you think you can visually tell...
« on: April 06, 2006, 04:06:17 PM »
If someone is an aspie? Regardless of gender? Or are getting better/worse at guessing those who are or not?

I sense since i have met other aspies (I only really met other aspies my same age around march last year) I seem to be getting better and more accurate from looking at the visual features of peoples faces if they are on the spectrum or not and sometimes i can be wrong but other times i have been spot on.

There was the facial recognition experiment of people on the spectrum that Professor Simon-Baron Cohen (Ali G's cousin) at cambridge was involved in and im not sure what he's discovered. But since the diagnosis of aspergers was put to the DSM it's always been associated that people on the autistic spectrum have key facial features in common such as natural symetry of the face (everything is in proportion and equal distance apart, wthiin balance)

Anyway pelase discuss im off to make a family of Punks on the sims 2

Hypnotica_Gaze

Re: Do you think you can visually tell...
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 05:19:46 PM »
The urbs was more fun................the clothes and hair etc were better.
I know im such a girl. :laugh:

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 05:32:06 PM »
The urbs was more fun................the clothes and hair etc were better.
I know im such a girl. :laugh:

Ive made a family specifically for breeding. Im gonna see how many kids i can thunk out like a factory, I wonder if theres an inbuilt limit

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 05:42:38 PM »
Oh so your family are Catholics are they ;)

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 05:51:24 PM »
  To be honest I don't often notice a hell of a lot about people I just meet in passing so I'd say I probably couldn't.

As for the sims I enjoy killing them- is anyone surprised by that???

Postperson

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 06:14:02 PM »
I think the eyes are supposed to be the biggest clue. Unfocused or generally strange looking.

I got the first sims and liked it for about a month, but i wasn't going to buy expensive pack after pack just to make it a bit more interesting. Seems like a rip off. I liked all the user created object sites, they were great. 7 deadly sims and all those sites.

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 06:27:03 PM »
You killed your sims lol dont tell me you did the 'build a swimming pool then when they got in it took the ladders out till they got exhausted and drowned" thing too.

I agree the expansion packs are a bit of a rip off.

shima

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 10:20:45 PM »
I notice it in posture and body language.  Also, I can always tell from hands.  Aspies curl up and hold their hands in a weird way, they have their hands poised in an awkward manner.  If you look at the picture Rob has of himself with his wife and kids, you can see that Rob's hands are held in a distorted/ awkward way, while his wife's hands look fluid.

My hands always look freaky in photographs.

Show me a picture with hands, and I can tell you if the person is aspie.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2006, 03:21:23 AM »
I think there's a broad, large forehead thing that's common with aspies.  It can be quite distinctive (and I find it attractive).
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2006, 03:57:23 AM »
that's because their heads are jam packed with brains.
i find it sexy to.
Misunderstood.

eamonn

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2006, 04:40:02 AM »
Seeing as the great majority of aspies are male i find that interesting you two. I can usually tell, im generally so obvious that even an NT can tell with me but somethimes im so brilliant that they think im just a new breed of super-human. 8)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2006, 05:01:33 AM »
yes eamonn.

what they didn't give you in looks, the gods made up for it in brains.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2006, 08:38:39 AM »
You killed your sims lol dont tell me you did the 'build a swimming pool then when they got in it took the ladders out till they got exhausted and drowned" thing too.

I agree the expansion packs are a bit of a rip off.

I did that sometimes but I prefered to set fire to them, much more entertaining, with the swimming pool I just kept thinking 'aren't you dead yet?'

Offline Merry Widow

• Chav Slayer
  • Postwhore
  • Capish!
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2006, 10:34:00 AM »
i read somewhere (i can't remember where) that all people with ASDs have large skulls, small ears and look younger than their real age. these three things certainly describe me, but i have seen lots of pictures of aspies on WP with absolutely fucking enormous ears.  :o

peegai

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2006, 10:40:07 AM »
Probably more with males than females 'cause their difficulties tend to be more different than mine, hence why I get frustrated by being "backwatered" sometimes.