Educational

Author Topic: guns  (Read 10413 times)

Osensitive1

Re: guns
« Reply #165 on: July 19, 2010, 08:09:46 PM »
You're probably right. I havent thrown a dirt clod at anyone for decades.  :LOL:
Some ideas are inspiring though, aren't they?

P7PSP

« Reply #166 on: July 20, 2010, 07:49:38 PM »
You're probably right. I havent thrown a dirt clod at anyone for decades.  :LOL:
Some ideas are inspiring though, aren't they?
Yes  :indeed:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #167 on: July 20, 2010, 08:49:51 PM »

Recently, I took my eleven year old son to the range and we fired a twenty two rifle (Ruger 1022) and a shotgun (Remington 1100, 12 gauge).  He was very impressed with m shotgun, to say the least.

He was very surprised that guns were so powerful. (His gaming days seem to be over, for a while. He now knows what he is really doing with the games his friends play).

We were at an outdoor range and I brought four "milk jugs"  full of water with red paint added to show him what happens when you use a shotgun on a liquid target, such as a human.  I was worried that I was pushing him (Hell, I was hunting rabbits and doves and eating them at eleven, so I thought he might be ready), but he showed how strong he is once again.  He is indeed a regular boy.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #168 on: October 23, 2018, 03:46:20 PM »
I'm really starting to "accessorize" my TC Encore.

I've bought a couple new barrels for it and I just ordered a left handed thumbhole stock set.

Since both barrels are meant for long range, I'm going to have to buy a couple of expensive (>$600) scopes for them.

I'm also going to buy a muzzleloader barrel for it since there are special hunts here for deer and elk that are muzzleloader only.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #169 on: October 23, 2018, 05:05:58 PM »

Recently, I took my eleven year old son to the range and we fired a twenty two rifle (Ruger 1022) and a shotgun (Remington 1100, 12 gauge).  He was very impressed with m shotgun, to say the least.

I used to have one of those, it was excellent. I handed it in during the buy back we had here when all semi autos were banned.

Prior to that I used a very old Brno .22 bolt action for a while, that was just a superbly accurate rifle. Later I bought my own Brno, a .22 semi automatic.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #170 on: October 24, 2018, 11:35:44 AM »
I'm really starting to "accessorize" my TC Encore.

I've bought a couple new barrels for it and I just ordered a left handed thumbhole stock set.

Since both barrels are meant for long range, I'm going to have to buy a couple of expensive (>$600) scopes for them.

I'm also going to buy a muzzleloader barrel for it since there are special hunts here for deer and elk that are muzzleloader only.

You are making me want an Encore, now.

Ages ago I had a Contender in .243 and it was pretty cool. I fired it quite a bit, worked up an accurate load, but never took any game with it.
I ended up giving it away to a "friend" in need for a couple hundred bucks, well below what it might have sold for in another set of circumstances.
Never had a shoulder stock for it. Kind of not the point for a pistol hunter.
I took it out twice, but ended up using one my several hoglegs when it was time to shoot.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #171 on: October 24, 2018, 11:43:03 AM »

I used to have one of those, it was excellent. I handed it in during the buy back we had here when all semi autos were banned.

Prior to that I used a very old Brno .22 bolt action for a while, that was just a superbly accurate rifle. Later I bought my own Brno, a .22 semi automatic.

I have a number of .22 rifles, including three Ruger 1022s, all normal looking. I do not get into making a 22 look like a Special Ops weapon with useless crap hung on it. Two of mine are blued with original birch stocks and one is black with composite stock. All are scope sighted.

We have been shooting many times since this ancient post, even with my daughter. She after less experience is a better shot than my son. Especially with a handgun. I only bought that Ruger 9mm because my son had a "thing" against old, "too big" guns from the WWI era.
He has since gained an education and can strip and clean my 45s quickly and gets it, finally.

The 45 auto is just cumbersome in my daughter's girl  hands. I am planning to get her a smaller, compact 9mm, soon. Just have not had time. I want her to come with me to the gun shop and "try on" several before she chooses one.

Oh, nd my son has learned how to reload hand gun ammo using a single stage press (I have two Rock Chuckers).
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 12:32:26 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #172 on: October 27, 2018, 12:39:07 AM »
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #173 on: October 27, 2018, 09:59:15 PM »
M&P 15-22...scoped, she's fun, but has a tendency to jam. Probably my favorite for plinking at targets along with the 9mm and a couple of others.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #174 on: October 28, 2018, 12:31:52 AM »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #175 on: October 28, 2018, 07:13:40 AM »

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #176 on: October 28, 2018, 08:38:38 AM »
Yeah. Another one that drank the kool aid Trump has been doling out. :(

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pittsburgh-synagogue-shooting-suspect-threatened-jewish-groups-pushed-migrant-caravan-n925256

It's hard to take seriously, an author who calls 4chan "far right".

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #177 on: October 28, 2018, 08:48:12 AM »
Can you take 11 dead seriously? Or is it a moot point for you when the author says something you disagree with?

:thumbdn:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #178 on: October 28, 2018, 11:24:03 AM »
They'll make more.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #179 on: October 28, 2018, 08:28:08 PM »
My question to each of these occurrences was and will be:

What "well regulated militia" did these killers belong to?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: