'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
Re: guns
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2010, 03:56:24 PM »
A 22 rifle is the best assassin's weapon. Its lightweight, easy to carry, you can drill holes in the stock to keep extra equipment and rounds...

And shooting someone in the head will garauntee death. The bullet will bounce around in their skull, scrambling their brain.

That image makes me sad. (emo)

Hey sorry. I was just trying to join in.  :o

I know. I just hate the thought of anything bad happening to any brain.

I :pinkbeat: brains.

"My brain...that's my second favorite organ!" --Woody Allen
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2010, 04:07:55 PM »
A 22 rifle is the best assassin's weapon. Its lightweight, easy to carry, you can drill holes in the stock to keep extra equipment and rounds...

And shooting someone in the head will garauntee death. The bullet will bounce around in their skull, scrambling their brain.

That image makes me sad. (emo)

Hey sorry. I was just trying to join in.  :o

I know. I just hate the thought of anything bad happening to any brain.

I :pinkbeat: brains.

"My brain...that's my second favorite organ!" --Woody Allen

Now I have to think of those books of J. Auel. And all those men with organs, and mammoth with organs.
I kept seeing men showing musical instruments from behind their loin-cloths.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2010, 05:26:40 PM »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2010, 01:39:44 AM »
Once the kids are gone I will begin my collection

In Sweden you need a special license for collecting guns and then you need a separate license to fire them and an own bank vault (literally!) to keep them in.

For an "ordinary" gun owner the authorities think it's suspicious to own more than 6 rifles or even 2 pistols if they have the same calibre. The average Swedish gun owner owns about 3 guns, most of them rifles. Only 8% of the population own a gun at all.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2010, 08:45:47 AM »
Anybody tries to take mine away i'll kill them. ;)
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2010, 02:32:37 PM »

In Sweden you need a special license for collecting guns and then you need a separate license to fire them and an own bank vault (literally!) to keep them in.

For an "ordinary" gun owner the authorities think it's suspicious to own more than 6 rifles or even 2 pistols if they have the same calibre. The average Swedish gun owner owns about 3 guns, most of them rifles. Only 8% of the population own a gun at all.

Here I could get one illegally within 24 hours if I wanted but I want to go the legal route
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2010, 02:37:40 PM »

Here I could get one illegally within 24 hours if I wanted but I want to go the legal route

If you know a criminal here, you would of course get one quick too.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2010, 02:43:13 PM »

If you know a criminal here, you would of course get one quick too.

I know people here who can get you anything ID, Guns you name it :laugh:  It comes from working in construction in bad areas with sometimes shady contractors

George Bernard Shaw

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #146 on: May 22, 2010, 11:37:20 AM »
ahhhh ,the black market

TheoK

« Reply #147 on: May 22, 2010, 11:44:33 AM »
The black market is good, but it's not so good for guns in Europe, at least not in Scandinavia, if you don't know the crooks in person.

A very cheap pistol on the black market here would cost at least US$1000, but the hardest thing would be to find a willing dealer.

Most black guns here are either stolen, very old that were never licensed or smuggled in from Eastern Europe during some war, the latest probably after the wars in ex-Yugoslavia. Many black guns are WWII ones, a few even from WWI.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #148 on: May 22, 2010, 06:18:43 PM »
Black market here you have to know someone but you can get almost anything.  I had a friend who knew document dealers and others whose family owns one of those shady pawn shops

George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #149 on: May 22, 2010, 07:17:35 PM »
Once you have had a federal license (I maintained one for over fourteen years, buying buttfucking loads of guns and ammo for all my associates and massive quantities of ammunition to feed all those guns in our club - If there was really a problem with the USA FED, I would be one of those who go directly to jail, DO NOT PASS GO, etc ...  etc   ... etc...), you can still get just about anything, with proper licensing.

I have not bought a "gun"  in a long time, but my last purchase was that of a Springfield, M14, heavy, with a Viet Nam era sniper barrel.  It was perfectly legal, semi-automatic (the music says 3000meters of deadly accuracy, but I know the round well enough to know that, mostly, that is hype and bullshit. --  what's your target size?   How much energy do you need downrange?  --This range is over stated by at least one quarter.  meh!)   ... 7.62mm  ... blah blah ... blah ...  and I have it at my own home, not locked away, but in my media closet, at the top, well above my LPs. 

Mostly, the investigations I have had to endure (back in the nineties, when I still kept perfect records of my exchanges - most of which went to police officers who had no other way of acquiring weaponry outside of normal chains of command and a "NEED" had to to be established in that realm, if they wanted to acquire a form of weaponry outside the normal duty rosters.  There was no  way, outside of siding with a hack like me for those guys, other than something outside the law.  It was still perfectly legal to own anything in those days, except for rocket launchers and such.) came from curious federal inquisitions related to my (mid thirties era - John Dillinger style) Thompson sub machine gun and its associated hundred round .45 ACP drum magazine.

The fact is, I have a perfectly legal license to own a sub-machine gun (re-newed every year). The fact of owning the hundred round magazine seems to be more of a problem these days than the actual weapon is, which is licensed as fully automatic. I only own three automatic weapons, but for some reason this one is a NO-NO!!

:yikes:

.... if anyone stopped to think for a moment ... LoL!!

GAWD, where's teh Take-a-Shower  smiley!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 07:39:17 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.