Educational

Author Topic: Post your PC terms  (Read 1161 times)

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
Re: Post your PC terms
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 02:34:43 AM »
Sun = Star of Sol
Strange = Has different exotic tastes
Wanker = Exerciser of genitals
Human = Earth being
Slave = Person in forced subordinate position
Idiot = Intellectually Deficit In Overall Topics
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009, 05:50:50 AM »
Black = African American

I'm not from Africa.
My parents aren't from Africa.
My grandparents aren't from Africa.
My great-grandparents aren't from Africa.
My great-great: I don't know, and I don't care.

It's weird, cos I though they were just Americans.

What if your grandparents were white south aficans who emigrated to the U.S. ? Would that still make you Afican American?

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2009, 06:44:41 AM »
Technically, that would. Also what if you're a black Caribbean? Aboriginal? You're not African American with either.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2009, 06:04:31 AM »
Disability = diffability
I hate this term yet I have seen people that think it is awesome.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2009, 08:14:07 AM »
Disability = diffability
I hate this term yet I have seen people that think it is awesome.

You need to punch those people... hard.

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2009, 01:37:29 PM »
Special
Special needs
Specially abled
Socially disadvantaged by circumstance
Differently gifted

God, I feel dirty writing those. Don't these PC fucktards understand that by associating a friendlier term to something offensive; it attaches a patronizing stigma to that term eventually?

no cuz they're logically spazzled

The way I see is that it's basically shit but in a different package. If both the un-PC and PC terms mean the same thing, then how is the PC term any less offensive? Just because it's worded differently?

Also, the current "PC" words will eventually be un-PC. Idiot, spastic and retard were PC terms back in the day for example.

I think the key concept of PC is same concept of framing used in propaganda. It's rewording a term or statement into a more positive agreeable meaning, but while at the same time, still retains it's real negative disagreeable meaning underneath. Although in most cases as you say, such framing will expire when people start associating those terms as an negative once again. I can't wait for the day when "Special" is used as an insult lol, oh wait, it already is sort of, "Oh so you think you're so special eh?" Quick PC faggots, come up with a less offensive term pronto!

With all the serious issues in the world, why is regulating speech such a high priority? We've fucking up Earth, on verge of a new world war, becoming idiots due to technology replacing all our mental abilities; but OMFG! We must keep our words/terms/statement proper! I honestly don't get it.

By the way, what is the PC term for midget these days? It is vertically challenged?

little person, i think it sounds dumb. but the Roloffs like that. they're NT. it sucks watching TV show about a freaks who are more normal than me. constantly complaining about their difficulties when they have a perfectly normal life with healthy happy children and wives and husbands, pets and jobs. and they're freaks. what am i? i'm a subfreak. aka happyburgers

also, special is an insult. we use it all the time to call spazzes spazzes. special is more demeaning than spazz anyway.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 01:41:16 PM by Lemon Willis »
"the dreams we dream together become reality" - John Lemon

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2009, 01:39:55 PM »
african american is a term that is a pet peeve for me, there's lots of blackies who aren't from there. and i'm not german-finnish cuz my great granny is german. if she were black and the rest of my lineage were white i'd still be african-finnish according to idiots.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2009, 02:01:08 PM »

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2009, 02:38:14 PM »
lol

P7PSP

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2009, 03:56:03 PM »
african american is a term that is a pet peeve for me, there's lots of blackies who aren't from there. and i'm not german-finnish cuz my great granny is german. if she were black and the rest of my lineage were white i'd still be african-finnish according to idiots.
And maybe you could sprint fast enough to get across the Finnish line first too!  :zoinks:

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2009, 05:55:25 PM »
lol

TheoK

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2009, 04:46:43 PM »
"Mensen met een grotere afstand tot de arbeidsmarkt" (People with a bigger distance to the labor market) for people with a disability.

When I was young, it was "Invalide" (invalid) and since the dutch equivalent for valid was not used in daily language, the derogatory status of that was not that obvious. But it was changed into "Minder valide" (less valid)  :duh: . Than handicapped came as an alternative. And so it kept going on. And now it is "People with a bigger distance to the labor market"

Somehow, the more words they need..... the more they enlarge the distance, by showing themselves to be the sensitive type about the disabilities of others. 
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2009, 09:47:28 PM »
Manholes became personholes, chairman or chairmen became chairperson or chaipersons (which is fucked because people is the plural to person), handicapped became disabled which became diffable (sounds like a fucking lisp), nigger and black became Afro-American (what about the abos here - they weren't from Africa and they DEFINITELY aren't from America), and dwarves became 'little people'. Jesus Suffering Fuck, get me the fuck away from these morons.

Leave the fucking language alone.

TheoK

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2009, 12:10:22 AM »
"Mensen met een grotere afstand tot de arbeidsmarkt" (People with a bigger distance to the labor market) for people with a disability.

When I was young, it was "Invalide" (invalid) and since the dutch equivalent for valid was not used in daily language, the derogatory status of that was not that obvious. But it was changed into "Minder valide" (less valid)  :duh: . Than handicapped came as an alternative. And so it kept going on. And now it is "People with a bigger distance to the labor market"

Somehow, the more words they need..... the more they enlarge the distance, by showing themselves to be the sensitive type about the disabilities of others. 

Haha, it was the same in Sweden with "invalid". There is a word "valid" in Swedish, but it's not used in everyday language. The word used would rather be "giltig". But they changed it to "funktionshindrad"="function hindered", which by now probably is changed into something else.