Educational

Author Topic: New phone sim  (Read 243 times)

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
New phone sim
« on: February 11, 2016, 05:40:32 AM »
OK.  Moved phone provider to someone who gave unlimited data use in the USA because I'm going to Pittsburgh next week.  Looks like they screwed me up and put me on an expensive data package - something which I didn't know becaue that part of their website has been down in the 24 hours since I activated the sim.

But in less than one day I burned through £30 of data.  If I hadn't phoned them to check up on my usage this could have quite literally have cost me thousands with my trip abroad.

Hopefully thats all thats going to go wrong.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: New phone sim
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 06:50:14 AM »
OK.  Moved phone provider to someone who gave unlimited data use in the USA because I'm going to Pittsburgh next week.  Looks like they screwed me up and put me on an expensive data package - something which I didn't know becaue that part of their website has been down in the 24 hours since I activated the sim.

But in less than one day I burned through £30 of data.  If I hadn't phoned them to check up on my usage this could have quite literally have cost me thousands with my trip abroad.

Holy shit. Being that they got it wrong, what are they gonna do about it?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 07:39:41 AM »

If it's Verizon I hate to say, probably nothing.  :P

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 08:39:12 AM »
Phoned them up and got a bit angry.  Actually I got more angry than I meant to over £30 and had to stop to apologies to the person on the other end of the phone.  But got some of it back.

I'm a really nervous flyer.  I think I'm getting really stressed about it all.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 09:30:55 AM »

I've had some pretty unpleasant interactions with phone-company personnel.  It's not entirely
  their fault.  I get balky and pissy dealing with unexpected complications.  When my landline service was
  shut off due to nonpayment of my bill, I thought I could just pay by phone and have it turned back on.
  Instead I had to make a whole new account, complete with a new number, and I had to be walked
  through endless steps and procedures, and after almost an hour I was losing my temper a bit.  So it's
  partly their being obstructionist assholes, but also partly my being a change-averse cranky spaz.   :GA:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 02:04:18 PM »

I've had some pretty unpleasant interactions with phone-company personnel.  It's not entirely
  their fault.  I get balky and pissy dealing with unexpected complications.  When my landline service was
  shut off due to nonpayment of my bill, I thought I could just pay by phone and have it turned back on.
  Instead I had to make a whole new account, complete with a new number, and I had to be walked
  through endless steps and procedures, and after almost an hour I was losing my temper a bit.  So it's
  partly their being obstructionist assholes, but also partly my being a change-averse cranky spaz.   :GA:

You have just described my interactions with every company that has ever had the pleasure of me being their customer.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 07:25:41 PM »

You have just described my interactions with every company that has ever had the pleasure of me being their customer.

I'm shocked.   :autism:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 08:41:55 PM »

I'm shocked.   :autism:

I don't want to underplay things by saying I am an absolute prick.  :-[

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 01:03:13 PM »
I won't even go into the Verizon saga.

I'm a bitch, but they are idiots. One is a curable disorder, the other is not.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 01:12:29 PM »
I won't even go into the Verizon saga.

I'm a bitch, but they are idiots. One is a curable disorder, the other is not.

"Ignorance is curable, stupid is forever."  :trollface:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"