Educational

Author Topic: Local Church Raid  (Read 195 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Local Church Raid
« on: August 02, 2009, 09:48:51 PM »
An undercover investigation led to a massive drug raid Saturday at a church in Fayette County.

Now, authorities say they are planning to take action to shut down the Universal Church of Love and Music in Bullskin Township. But church members say they come to the rural, outdoor setting to sing, dance and worship.

"We have our children with us; we have no weapons," said church spokesperson, Rev. Larry Newell. "We're a peaceful people."

After several months of undercover work, 30 members of the Fayette County Task Force, armed with search warrants, raided the music festival with about 500 people on the grounds.

"There's a significant amount of drug activity going on, selling drugs, using drugs, consuming drugs," said Fayette County District Attorney Nancy Vernon. "We found a number of pipes, we have cases of paraphernalia and pipes in a trailer outside that's locked. We found brownies laced with marijuana. We found a lot of marijuana that had been discarded of high quality."

According to investigators, police officers confiscated quantities of marijuana, mushrooms and LSD as well as paraphernalia and cash from vendors on the property.

http://kdka.com/local/church.drug.raid.2.1111915.html

Not far from here.

I say let them have the freedom to worship as they choose, and let me know when they're having their annual bake sale. :fly:

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Local Church Raid
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 09:51:20 PM »
ha ha Fayette County go figure. :indeed:

not that Washington County is any better though

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 11:19:14 PM »
ha ha Fayette County go figure. :indeed:

not that Washington County is any better though

OMFH REPUBLICAN FACE!!!!!!!!11 SARAH PALIN MUAHAHAHAAHHAHA

It's just weed. DuPont dodesn't like weed. Weed can be hemp strong fibers. Corporation don't like that
Park.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 05:48:29 AM »
Not sure if I would have stopped going if it was like that :zoinks:   Sounds like  a Deadhead Church
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 11:36:44 AM »

Jesus, they are just hippies. I don't like hippies or their ideals, but it's not like they are ever actually going to do anything. Just let them have their music festivals and get stoned out of their gourds. They are keeping themselves placated.

TheoK

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 11:39:17 AM »
You can get up to 14 years in Sweden for smuggling weed. The "normal" punishment for murder is 10 years.  ::)