Educational

Author Topic: D-I-Y  (Read 207 times)

Offline ANTON_UBER_ALLES

• King of Drama
  • Incessant Poster
D-I-Y
« on: July 10, 2009, 09:24:27 AM »
I have entertained the idea of starting a brand new Aspie Forum specifically as a RIVAL site to WrongPlanet. The thing is, there is the very real danger of it being a one man forum  :(.
But I'd like some input from you folks about what you think of my idea of SPAMMING WP and AFF, as well as the mailboxes of certain site members  in order to advertize my site?  :evillaugh:
To tmia pulumchva nac vatieche evistho, aomai nac murinash aule. Thuvas sheronaith themiasa avilchval aomai marashm. Sanshl selace, etanal unialastres thamuce avish fleresh holaiesh sanshl tiur il  :cthulhu:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: D-I-Y
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 09:26:36 AM »
Spamming won't work. You'll get people clicking the link to have a look, but hardly any of them will join and the ones who do will be unlikely to end up regular members.

The only way of successfully starting a forum as a "rival" to wp is if you already have plenty of members ready, ie you have a lot of friends from wp who would be prepared to post on YOUR site instead.

Otherwise, why would they bother going to a site with hardly any members and nothing new to offer?

Offline ANTON_UBER_ALLES

• King of Drama
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 09:34:30 AM »
Spamming won't work. You'll get people clicking the link to have a look, but hardly any of them will join and the ones who do will be unlikely to end up regular members.

The only way of successfully starting a forum as a "rival" to wp is if you already have plenty of members ready, ie you have a lot of friends from wp who would be prepared to post on YOUR site instead.

Otherwise, why would they bother going to a site with hardly any members and nothing new to offer?

Thats actually a good point. Id have to gather all the exiles from WP and persuade them to join. As for spamming, Id have to spam WP so aggressively that the until the forums are cluttered nobody wants to post there anymore :green:.
To tmia pulumchva nac vatieche evistho, aomai nac murinash aule. Thuvas sheronaith themiasa avilchval aomai marashm. Sanshl selace, etanal unialastres thamuce avish fleresh holaiesh sanshl tiur il  :cthulhu:

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 09:42:05 AM »
I have entertained the idea of starting a brand new Aspie Forum specifically as a RIVAL site to WrongPlanet. The thing is, there is the very real danger of it being a one man forum  :(.
But I'd like some input from you folks about what you think of my idea of SPAMMING WP and AFF, as well as the mailboxes of certain site members  in order to advertize my site?  :evillaugh:
Probably better that you send out a PM to sympathetic members, promoting it discretely over time. Though you need to gather an initial critical mass quickly, and ensure than critical mass contains the right people before you begin. Make sure you have the right aims for the site in mind, along with good uptime.

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 08:24:31 PM »
Another day, another ass burgers site :yawn: