Author Topic: Damn, My Memory is Bad.  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
Damn, My Memory is Bad.
« on: April 06, 2006, 09:38:37 AM »
I completely forgot that in five days I turn 21. I've been too busy starting school again and worrying about my meds. Shit, what the hell am I gonna do? All right you drunk bastards, I need you guys to make a list of drinks that you like. I'm not talking about some strong nasty shit that you guys drink to impress each other, but the good stuff.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

eamonn

Re: Damn, My Memory is Bad.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 09:43:42 AM »
Impersonating to be 21 so that you can bag a toy-boy here is morally wrong unless it's Peter you bag as he's soiled goods anyway. I like beer whisy or whatevers on offer. Do you want me to be more specific gran? Contrary to popular belief i only have the occasional *hic* drink.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 09:48:46 AM »
Something fruitier. Oh crap I just thought of something. Do any of you guys know whether or not I would be able to consume alcohol while on Zoloft?
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

eamonn

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 10:01:14 AM »
I dont think you're supposed to drink alcohol while yo're on any medication though that hasnt stopped me in the past. Didnt you read the instructions or are you having a joke?

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 10:02:19 AM »
I was too lazy to look. This bites.  :(

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 10:12:09 AM »
Something fruitier. Oh crap I just thought of something. Do any of you guys know whether or not I would be able to consume alcohol while on Zoloft?

What is Zoloft? I need the actual name of the drug to look it up not its brand name I have a BNF book here on my desk and i can find out for you

eamonn

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 10:15:51 AM »

What is Zoloft? I need the actual name of the drug to look it up not its brand name I have a BNF book here on my desk and i can find out for you

You dont have google access? It's an antidepressant, the new ssri kind.

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 10:19:45 AM »
Sertraline is the name im after, thick fuckers give me the REAL name not the brand name

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 10:29:02 AM »
So this is also for OCD and PTSD in woman aye, interesting.

Ok heres the shopping list of cautions with using this drug.

Your not epileptic? no ok

Should be used with caution with people who have a history off.... (drum roll)
Mania
Cardiac disease
Diabeties mellitus
Angel-closure glaucoma
,concomitant
use of drugs that increase bleeding
history of bleeding disorders
hepatic and renal impairements
pregnancy and breast feeding

Impaired skills such as driving
abrupt withdraw should be avoided

Jesus this is a horrid drug are you a head fuck or something this drug really fucks you up  ;D

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 10:34:14 AM »
So this is also for OCD and PTSD in woman aye, interesting.

Ok heres the shopping list of cautions with using this drug.

Your not epileptic? no ok

Should be used with caution with people who have a history off.... (drum roll)
Mania
Cardiac disease
Diabeties mellitus
Angel-closure glaucoma
,concomitant
use of drugs that increase bleeding
history of bleeding disorders
hepatic and renal impairements
pregnancy and breast feeding

Impaired skills such as driving
abrupt withdraw should be avoided

Jesus this is a horrid drug are you a head fuck or something this drug really fucks you up? ;D

I'm taking it for my OCD, and because after my car wreck I have this pain throughtout my whole body and I had stoppped sleeping and eating. Lexapro fucked me up so I had to be switched to this one. Zoloft is working pretty well besides the incredibly violent and graphic dreams when I first started taking it.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 11:42:51 AM »
Quote from: SorceressPol
I'm not talking about some strong nasty shit that you guys drink to impress each other, but the good stuff.

I like red wine; the dry, strong sort from places like Australia, Span and Argentinia; not the pissy water from France.  You have to aqquire the taste though, so if you're asking for advice on drinks, you probably don't have it. 

If you want something easy and partyish, get some vodka with soft-drink mixers, though that's pretty 16th birthdayish, not 21st (never mind that I was drinking vodka straight when I was 16).  Spend the extra fiver for a decent brand of vodka though; all the mixer in the world won't do you much good if it tastes of turpentine.

Light beers are good too.  Don't get big cans of lager if you and your friends don't drink it, since it can be pretty hard going.  Go for something you can see through.

Cider is another option, and very cheap, but it can be acidic as hell and will give everyone heartburn.

Quote from: Eamonn
Impersonating to be 21 so that you can bag a toy-boy here is morally wrong unless it's Peter you bag as he's soiled goods anyway.

Sorce doesn't want me; I scare her.

Quote from: SorceressPol

Fruity?  Vodka and fruit juice then.  Make a punch, but don't keep it all in one big bowl; that's just asking for trouble at a drunken party.

I wouldn't worry too much about alcohol and zoloft unless you're going to be driving or something, and then you shouldn't be drinking anyway.  Just don't drink until you puke and pass out and the most that will happen is you might get a little dizzy or nauseous or something, at which point just stop drinking and lie down for a bit.

14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 12:12:15 PM »

Aussie wine is such cheap poor quality shit

Wine from Chile is where its at, infact most south americain wine is good but for me chile stands out

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 12:18:18 PM »
When what you can afford is in the ?2 to ?3 per bottle range, it's all of somewhat dubious quality, and location doesn't make all that much of a difference, since it's the lowest grade stuff anyway.  It's just comparing the reds of colder countries to the reds of hot ones that much of a difference is apparent in that price range, to my taste anyway, but then my tastebuds are fried and my sense of smell isn't great, so I tend not to notice the finer points to flavours and scents.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 12:27:53 PM »
Maybe I should start a wine making business. Good wine for cheap bastards.

eamonn

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 01:28:16 PM »
Screw yer chile stuff,wine made by benedictine monks in devon is where it's at.