Educational

Author Topic: RANT: Cuntry Bumpkins  (Read 677 times)

Offline ANTON_UBER_ALLES

• King of Drama
  • Incessant Poster
RANT: Cuntry Bumpkins
« on: July 10, 2009, 01:41:18 PM »
Some whiney Hick from WP w/ the username zer0NetGain babbled THIS about just how *great* life is out in the cuntry:

BTW Perambulator: Here in the USA, countryfolk, townies, and suburbanites rely Far more on motor vehicles than city slickers to get around because out in the boonies and even in small towns the nearest stores are often miles from most peoples homes.

A valid point, but I will argue until I'm blue in the face that the simple fact is that cities are even more abominable for that flaw. How many major cities (over 100K) have an effective and reliable mass transit system so that people DO NOT NEED to own a car? I can only think of perhaps two...Chicago and New York City. Every place else that has mass transit is disorganized, time consuming, and unreliable. You're better off driving yourself to places than rely on the mass transit system. At least people in rural areas have a valid reason for why they must drive someplace....it's not cost-effective to have mass transit in a low density population area. What's the excuse for urban population centers?

And, in the end, if anything really bad happens, you don't have even 3 days worth of supplies to survive in a city. Without electricity, you won't even have water that long. You would see barbarism in its full glory if a city isn't maintained with electricity and a constant supply of goods FREQUENTLY OBTAINED FROM PEOPLE LIVING IN THE RURAL AREAS.

In contrast, if you cut the power to people in rural areas, it'd be an inconvenience, but life would go on. People would not have to turn on each other because they already know where to get water and how to grow food. Their biggest threat is from city folk thinking they can come out and take what they want.
  :wanker:

If hicks had ANY brains whatsoever they'd realize that large urban population centers mean fewer people out in the boonies where they live and thus less competition and intrusion for them rednecks! :indeed:

I live in Seattle where weather-related power outages in winter are not uncommon. When the power goes out in Seattle its restored in less than 24 hours >90% of the time. Whereas in rural areas of W Washington power can remain out for DAYS ON END and if there is flooding that can cut off rural roadways leaving folks out there stranded.
To tmia pulumchva nac vatieche evistho, aomai nac murinash aule. Thuvas sheronaith themiasa avilchval aomai marashm. Sanshl selace, etanal unialastres thamuce avish fleresh holaiesh sanshl tiur il  :cthulhu:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: RANT: Cuntry Bumpkins
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 02:47:17 PM »
I'd rather live out in the country that the suburbia I am in now cities suck I hate people.  I already have a back up generator and a truck that will get me threw most stuff bring on the power outages for days
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 02:50:29 PM »
Fancy this island, parts?  :P

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 02:53:56 PM »
Fancy this island, parts?  :P

If I could make that a draw bridge and kick everyone off :laugh:

George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 02:55:17 PM »
There are other islands here, completely without people, though they're small.  :P

Offline ANTON_UBER_ALLES

• King of Drama
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 02:56:25 PM »
I'd rather live out in the country that the suburbia I am in now cities suck I hate people.  I already have a back up generator and a truck that will get me threw most stuff bring on the power outages for days

The Cuntry is Bohhhhhhhhring! I'd rather not spend 1-2 hours in the car to goto a cafe or drive ~18 miles just to goto the nearest store when I need something. Farming, ranching, and sucking red rocket is NOT my idea of the "good life". If cuntry livin were so wonderful, nobody would wanna live in the city! True *self-reliance* is a full time job with NO vacations and no extra time to really accomplish anything else. More often than not cuntry bumpkins and townies move to the city when they become fully aware of what cityfolks have.  ;D Hicks are some of the BIGGEST whiners there are! They always blame liberals and globalization since their ignorance precludes them from figuring out for themselves why their lives are so unpleasant.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 02:58:42 PM by ANTON_UBER_ALLES »
To tmia pulumchva nac vatieche evistho, aomai nac murinash aule. Thuvas sheronaith themiasa avilchval aomai marashm. Sanshl selace, etanal unialastres thamuce avish fleresh holaiesh sanshl tiur il  :cthulhu:

TheoK

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 02:57:51 PM »
I live in the country, 15 English miles from town and 50 English miles from a real city.  8)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 02:58:33 PM »
There are other islands here, completely without people, though they're small.  :P
And you can have cannons there? >:D

George Bernard Shaw

Offline ANTON_UBER_ALLES

• King of Drama
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 02:59:36 PM »
I live in the country, 15 English miles from town and 50 English miles from a real city.  8)

Lemme put it this way TheoK, I certainly dont envy you.  ;)

TheoK

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 03:01:10 PM »
And you can have cannons there? >:D

Yup.  8)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 03:01:35 PM »
I'd rather live out in the country that the suburbia I am in now cities suck I hate people.  I already have a back up generator and a truck that will get me threw most stuff bring on the power outages for days

The Cuntry is Bohhhhhhhhring! I'd rather not spend 1-2 hours in the car to goto a cafe or drive ~18 miles just to goto the nearest store when I need something. Farming, ranching, and sucking red rocket is NOT my idea of the "good life". If cuntry livin were so wonderful, nobody would wanna live in the city! True *self-reliance* is a full time job with NO vacations and no extra time to really accomplish anything else. More often than not cuntry bumpkins and townies move to the city when they become fully aware of what cityfolks have.  ;D Hicks are some of the BIGGEST whiners there are! They always blame liberals and globalization since their ignorance precludes them from figuring out for themselves why their lives are so unpleasant.

I don't like cafes or people the less about the better.   As it is now I am less than an hour out of NYC and it sucks can even take the local train there too close too many people

George Bernard Shaw

Offline ANTON_UBER_ALLES

• King of Drama
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 05:58:57 PM »

I don't like cafes or people the less about the better.   As it is now I am less than an hour out of NYC and it sucks can even take the local train there too close too many people

NYC is fairly compact so its possible to live in the sticks and still be close to the big city. But out west, big cities are sprawling and here in Seattle if you want to live in a rural area but have the city close by you live across the sound on the islands or the kitsap peninsula. But hey, if you dont wanna live in the city you dont have to! Makes no difference to me but I dont see why all these self-righteous cuntry bumpkins have all this resentment towards city slickers... >:( Hell, they would be Even MORE unhappy if urbanites started moving to the cuntry in droves! :laugh:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 07:49:15 PM »
No resentment here, I'm just another one that doesn't like people.  :P

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 08:28:29 PM »
I don't like people either, but for the most part, city and suburb people these days seem to want to mind their own business which is fine by me. Country people on the other hand are busy bodies who feel they have a right to know the insides and outsides of your life, and if you make it known that you want to remain private, they get a bee up their ass and think you are a rude person and start shit like talking behind your back about you and making shit up. Never want to live in the country again because of that.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 11:17:32 AM by Phlexor »

Blasted

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 08:31:36 PM »
I could never live in the country  :O_o: