Educational

Author Topic: Australia's Navy Sex Game  (Read 404 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Australia's Navy Sex Game
« on: July 04, 2009, 11:11:08 AM »
What's wrong with this?  :laugh:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8134596.stm

An investigation is under way in Australia over claims that navy sailors competed with each other to bed their female colleagues for cash prizes.

According to Channel Seven news, sailors on board HMAS Success put a cash value on each woman's head.

Sleeping with a female officer or a lesbian, or having sex in a strange place, won more money, the report said.

The Defence Department confirmed that a number of individuals had been sent back to Australia for interviews.

HMAS Success, which has a crew of 220, is currently on exercises in South East Asia.

According to the Channel Seven report, the contest came to light in May, when the vessel was in Singapore.

It said that the sailors recorded their efforts in a book called The Ledger, challenging each other to sleep with as many female colleagues as possible.

Sex on a pool table or with a lesbian reportedly scored higher points.

The Defence Department did not confirm how many sailors were involved.

But, in a statement to Seven Network, it said that a number of concerns raised by female crew members were "now subject to formal inquiry".

The "veracity of any allegations" had yet to be confirmed, it said.

Offline DieMenschMaschine

• YO SOMEONE STOLE MY ELEPHANT FROM MY BACK LAWN
  • Part of the Chaos
Re: Australia's Navy Sex Game
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 01:43:19 PM »
That Australia has a Navy?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 02:35:48 PM »
Sounds fun :laugh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

P7PSP

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 03:47:22 PM »
The PC crowd is going to try and deball Australia's Navy now. ::)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 03:08:43 AM »
Australia has a decent sized navy. Being surrounded by the sea and all.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

P7PSP

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 03:21:05 AM »
Yeah, you Aussies probably have more coastline then anyone else does. Do you have some sort of mutual defense treaty with the Kiwis renaeden?

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 04:45:45 AM »
@Mensch: "Our home is girt by sea," for fuck's sake! It says so right in our national anthem! Why wouldn't we have a frickin' navy? :lol:

@PPK: ANZUS, also SEATO (until 1977) and the East Asia Summit.

P7PSP

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 05:08:31 AM »
@Mensch: "Our home is girt by sea," for fuck's sake! It says so right in our national anthem! Why wouldn't we have a frickin' navy? :lol:

@PPK: ANZUS, also SEATO (until 1977) and the East Asia Summit.
Thanks for the info SleepyDragon, I looked it up and your other country Canada has the most coastline. 2nd place appears to be in dispute.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 05:18:03 AM by PPK »

TheoK

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 05:28:31 AM »
Sweden has a 2500 kilometre coast line and as many as - thirty-six! - naval guns pointed towards Ivan on the Baltic coast.  ::)

P7PSP

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 05:57:11 AM »
Gotta watch Ivan. They are still a bunch of fucking marxists running the place.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 11:30:52 AM »
Meh, there was this bullshit years ago again with the Navy here where new recruits were hazed by having engine oil pumped into their rectums or someshit.

Seems the Army and Navy here are full of immature fuckheads. The saying goes, if you don't know how to drink, the army will teach you (as in there is nothing to do on weekend except blow your pay on getting horribly drunk, its an army culture thing).

P7PSP

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 05:27:50 PM »
Actually that's probably true of Military branches everywhere Phlexor. The bulk of them get out after one enlistment of 18 months to 4 years and the vast majority of them haven't reached 19 years old @ enlistment. My Company @ RTC San Diego had 84 men with only three @ 20 or older. Almost all of us were 18 with one 17 year old that I recall.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 07:27:17 PM »
Actually that's probably true of Military branches everywhere Phlexor. The bulk of them get out after one enlistment of 18 months to 4 years and the vast majority of them haven't reached 19 years old @ enlistment. My Company @ RTC San Diego had 84 men with only three @ 20 or older. Almost all of us were 18 with one 17 year old that I recall.

I'd say you're right, but could only talk of what I've heard. Although hearing about the rape and shit from U.S. troops in Iraq isn't encouraging either.

P7PSP

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2009, 07:40:21 PM »
When US Service members commit Rape, Murder or other felonies identified in the UCMJ they are given General Court Martials, unlike Soviet Troops in the Occupation of Berlin or the Japs in Korea and Phillipines. The type case mentioned in the referenced article is what would be prosecuted as Article 134 under the UCMJ if US Personnal were involved since making bets and seducing women are not otherwise listed in the UCMJ. http://usmilitary.about.com/od/punitivearticles/a/134.htm
I found this link to the Australian Military Justice System http://www.defence.gov.au/mjs/mjs.htm but I haven't found a direct link to where specific Military Legal Codes are but they seem to have been standardized in 1982 or before. Our own UCMJ was adopted in 1950 to prevent arbitrary or capricious behavior on the part of Command personal in dealing with other than routine discipline issues.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 08:28:20 PM by PPK »

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2009, 10:56:16 PM »
When US Service members commit Rape, Murder or other felonies identified in the UCMJ they are given General Court Martials, unlike Soviet Troops in the Occupation of Berlin or the Japs in Korea and Phillipines. The type case mentioned in the referenced article is what would be prosecuted as Article 134 under the UCMJ if US Personnal were involved since making bets and seducing women are not otherwise listed in the UCMJ. http://usmilitary.about.com/od/punitivearticles/a/134.htm
I found this link to the Australian Military Justice System http://www.defence.gov.au/mjs/mjs.htm but I haven't found a direct link to where specific Military Legal Codes are but they seem to have been standardized in 1982 or before. Our own UCMJ was adopted in 1950 to prevent arbitrary or capricious behavior on the part of Command personal in dealing with other than routine discipline issues.

Either way, its sad that this shit happens in armed forces. I de realise its a lot worse in armies from 3rd world nations etc.