Educational

Author Topic: Glen Beck moral authority?  (Read 1707 times)

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
Re: Glen Beck moral authority?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 11:14:21 AM »
Just like John before him, this Glenn Beck must DIE.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 11:17:23 AM »
 :lol: :plus:

I could not agree more :laugh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 11:19:27 AM »

Meh. There are a thousand more kooks behind him just waiting to take his place. It's like one of those video games where no matter how many you kill, they will still keep respawning.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 11:22:27 AM »
In a new series called "Drill Baby Drill," Cobb explores conservative writings on the topic of sex. He chose Beck as his first subject because of a chapter in his 2003 book "The Real America: Messages from the Heart and Heartland," in which Beck describes (explicitly) making out with his sister. Cobb has reenacted this scene in the video below. At the end of that section of the book Beck wrote:

"By now, you probably have realized that I am not in love with my sister...So, what's the point? Why did I spend a whole chapter talking about a committed loving relationship with my sister? I did it because right now there is an organized ongoing effort to try to bend your values. To slowly shape your deepest beliefs into toleration and eventually acceptance."

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/media/140445/glenn_beck_gets_freaky:_a_look_at_right-wing_erotica/

Watch the video :zombiefuck:
And he's against gay marriage,   I have a friend who knows him and says he is evil :laugh:

I don't think that Glen Beck actually did anything incestuous with his sister. 

I think that he was writing satire, kind of like Jonathan Swift's A Modest Proposal.

http://www.uoregon.edu/~rbear/modest.html

Glenn Beck wouldn't know Swift from a hole in the ground. He's a FUCKWIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

That may be, but I stil don't think he actually did anything to his sister, he was using satire to try to make a point and I think he probably used it badly.  He said that he didn't actually do anything with his sister in the part of the quote I bolded above.

Did you know that some people actually thought that Swift's article was seriously recommending that Irish beggars sell their children at one year of age to be eaten by the wealthy?

I do therefore humbly offer it to public consideration that of the hundred and twenty thousand children already computed, twenty thousand may be reserved for breed, whereof only one-fourth part to be males; which is more than we allow to sheep, black cattle or swine; and my reason is, that these children are seldom the fruits of marriage, a circumstance not much regarded by our savages, therefore one male will be sufficient to serve four females. That the remaining hundred thousand may, at a year old, be offered in the sale to the persons of quality and fortune through the kingdom; always advising the mother to let them suck plentifully in the last month, so as to render them plump and fat for a good table. A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends; and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 11:24:32 AM »
Here's a video which you may find amusing: Glenn Beck as Francis E. Dec.

I definitely see a certain similarity.

:lol:

That was cute.

Offline zer0

• Constant Poster
  • The Great Korvhund-o
    • Bento & Starchky dot com
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 11:24:54 AM »

Meh. There are a thousand more kooks behind him just waiting to take his place. It's like one of those video games where no matter how many you kill, they will still keep respawning.

Speaking of kooks, I chanced upon this page today.

[...] there is a general consensus among believers that NESARA promises forgiveness of all debt, elimination of the IRS, world peace, unity with our space brethren, the disbandment of the current government and—some believers say—its replacement with religious deities, with Jesus Christ at the helm.

I weep for humanity.
Den som läser detta är dum.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 11:25:35 AM »
Glen Beck is a moron. All right-wing political 'analysts' are morons! Fuck them all!!!!
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 11:32:46 AM »

I don't agree with the shit they spew, but I wouldn't call them morons. He was smart enough to get his own show, and have millions of kooks hanging on his words.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 11:35:10 AM »

Speaking of kooks, I chanced upon this page today.

[...] there is a general consensus among believers that NESARA promises forgiveness of all debt, elimination of the IRS, world peace, unity with our space brethren, the disbandment of the current government and—some believers say—its replacement with religious deities, with Jesus Christ at the helm.

I weep for humanity.

That's a comedy film, a parody. They aren't serious.

Offline zer0

• Constant Poster
  • The Great Korvhund-o
    • Bento & Starchky dot com
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 11:52:51 AM »

That's a comedy film, a parody. They aren't serious.

No, it is not a comedy film.

And yes, they are very serious.
Den som läser detta är dum.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 12:23:46 PM »
So just KILL the stupid fuck already.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2009, 01:20:45 AM »
He is the biggest moron in talk radio (maybe second to Savage) and that's really saying something.

Offline matthe

• gifted asshole
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • quit fucking with my dogs equilibrium yo
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2009, 02:38:36 AM »
he damn near started some riots thurs night and now theyre blaming unions for the violence.

sounds crazy? its totally obsurd but true. i couldnt make this shit up.
feix ma spellan. ai nide halp. coz i caent duet.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2009, 04:57:35 PM »
Seen a pic of Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck together....

Yeah, right. One's a scatmuncher and the other is just scat.  :evillaugh:

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2009, 05:36:53 PM »

I don't agree with the shit they spew, but I wouldn't call them morons. He was smart enough to get his own show, and have millions of kooks hanging on his words.

When big name sponsors are leaving the show by the dozen, it's safe to call him a moron.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law