Educational

Author Topic: Phil Defranco addresses Autism Vaccine fiasco  (Read 557 times)

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Phil Defranco addresses Autism Vaccine fiasco
« on: June 08, 2009, 07:46:39 PM »
It's good to see that someone that is somewhat mainstream addressing this topic and calling bullshit, skip to 2:50

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Phil Defranco addresses Autism Vaccine fiasco
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 08:25:11 PM »
I hate this guy's stle. The choppy filming. I like the fact that he's looking at the issue objectively though.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
Re: Phil Defranco addresses Autism Vaccine fiasco
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 11:25:22 PM »
Yeah, he needs a better editing program, pref. one that doesn't fuck with the audio track so much. That said, I appreciate the fact that--as he pointed out--just because there was a spike in cases of autism around the same time as early vaccination doesn't mean the two are related. That's a classic post hoc fallacy. There IS some evidence that vaccines made with thimerisol (a mercury derivative) as a preservative may be culprits. The FDA claims that no vaccines made after 2001 use thimerisol. I hope that's true, because mercury is a highly potent neurotoxin.
BTW, I recently found my "baby book" and it documents that I received several vaccinations (incl. one for diptheria) when I was 18 months old. It would be interesting to find out if thimerisol was being used as a vaccine preservative ATT.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.