Author Topic: BOWIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 234 times)

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
BOWIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: June 05, 2009, 05:18:00 AM »
tHIS is BRILLIANT!!!

Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

P7PSP

Re: BOWIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 12:59:07 AM »
Bowie is pretty fucking smart. I laugh inside everytime I think of that talentless douchebag Davey Jones suing him so he couldn't use his own name. I like his version of Wild is the Wind from Station to Station. I also like the dyke vampire scene from The Hunger, Catherine Deneuve and Susan Sarandon rocked in that, too bad they didn't do a graphic detailed lapping scene. That's not off topic either since he was in other parts of the movie.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 01:38:00 AM »
Bowie is pretty fucking smart. I laugh inside everytime I think of that talentless douchebag Davey Jones suing him so he couldn't use his own name. I like his version of Wild is the Wind from Station to Station. I also like the dyke vampire scene from The Hunger, Catherine Deneuve and Susan Sarandon rocked in that, too bad they didn't do a graphic detailed lapping scene. That's not off topic either since he was in other parts of the movie.

Maybe it was in the European version. Or the Bill Hicks version.
"I swear I was in that movie! I swear I was!"
"I don't know, Michael. The movie started, Sharon Stone ate another woman for an hour and a half, and then the credits rolled. I don't recall seeing your pudgy ass once."
"Was Bill Hicks in that test audience?"
"Heh, heh, heh...."

Seriously, I just dig Bowie, from Space Oddity to today. If I had to name a favorite period, though, I'd have to go with the "Berlin Trilogy" and all his work with Reeves Gabrels (solo and with Tin Machine).
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline enronh

• Intensity's Bicycle Repairman
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 08:49:35 AM »
Yeah I remember that.

That was a great show. Bowie the legend!

Iggy was actually on the week previously.

Offline TheOtherWindow

• Constant Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 09:08:20 AM »
Seriously, I just dig Bowie, from Space Oddity to today. If I had to name a favorite period, though, I'd have to go with the "Berlin Trilogy" and all his work with Reeves Gabrels (solo and with Tin Machine).

Fuck yes! The Berlin trilogy is brilliant... When I saw him live, they actually played "Speed of Life", one of the instrumentals from Low. I was ecstatic.  :headbang2: Hooray for Reeves Gabrels, too, though I'd probably have to be cliched and rate Mick Ronson as my favorite Bowie guitarist.