Educational

Author Topic: Images you like.  (Read 5132 times)

The_Chosen_One

Re: Images you like.
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2009, 12:25:49 AM »
2 classic Australian cars:

1951 FX ute:

1960 FB two-tone Special:

« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 08:04:35 PM by The_Chosen_One »

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2009, 08:05:51 PM »
Ghost in the shell

Secret of Moonacre(haven't seen it yet)

Sin City

George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2009, 08:15:51 PM »
Luis Royo
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Blasted

« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2009, 02:17:08 PM »

Photo from 1908.

Blasted

« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2009, 04:57:57 PM »

“I owe Marilyn Monroe a real debt. It was because of her that I played the Mocambo, a very popular nightclub in the ’50s. She personally called the owner of the Mocambo (who had refused to book Fitzgerald because she was black), and told him she wanted me booked immediately, and if he would do it, she would take a front table every night. She told him - and it was true, due to Marilyn’s superstar status - that the press would go wild. The owner said yes, and Marilyn was there, front table, every night. The press went overboard… After that, I never had to play a small jazz club again. She was an unusual woman - a little ahead of her times. And she didn’t know it.”

-Ella Fitzgerald

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2009, 05:05:37 PM »
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2009, 05:07:04 PM »
Another view of the beer summit:
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2009, 05:08:24 PM »
what they're really saying:

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2009, 05:08:58 PM »
NICE kitty...

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2009, 05:10:05 PM »
Dr Doom mashup with Biz Markie:

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2009, 05:11:26 PM »
and a stunning photo from Chicago

Blasted

« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2009, 09:14:36 PM »

Blasted

« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2009, 09:22:02 PM »

^I was there a week ago.

Blasted

« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2009, 07:04:05 AM »

I very nearly had those DMs  :'(

Blasted