Author Topic: What did you eat today?  (Read 48174 times)

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
Re: What did you eat today?
« Reply #330 on: September 09, 2006, 12:59:43 PM »
A salad with mushrooms, black olives, red onions, cheddar, and blue cheese dressing
A slice of supreme pizza
fried okra
A roasted chicken leg
Couple bites of a patty melt
slice of double chocolate cake
slice of cherry cobbler
slice of cheesecake

Two words. Golden Corral.

OKRA!  Can I go with you next time?

The okra was okay. Unfortunately it's out on a pan stacked up high, so it starts to soften quickly. I wait until a server changes it out with fresh ones.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline lilia

• Nihil
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #331 on: September 09, 2006, 01:02:03 PM »
The okra was okay. Unfortunately it's out on a pan stacked up high, so it starts to soften quickly. I wait until a server changes it out with fresh ones.

I've tried explaining the texture to someone who hadn't tried it before, and ended up making them think it was some disgusting food.

"If it's fried, it's really crispy on the outside, and nice and slimy on the inside!"

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #332 on: September 09, 2006, 01:07:57 PM »

I've tried explaining the texture to someone who hadn't tried it before, and ended up making them think it was some disgusting food.

"If it's fried, it's really crispy on the outside, and nice and slimy on the inside!"

I already ate some today and now you're making me want more. It's one of the best things that I love about living in the south.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline lilia

• Nihil
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #333 on: September 09, 2006, 01:10:50 PM »
I already ate some today and now you're making me want more. It's one of the best things that I love about living in the south.

Where in the south do you live?  I grew up for the most part in Atlanta, and I miss all the Waffle Houses.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #334 on: September 09, 2006, 01:16:55 PM »
I don't wanna look through this whole thread, so can somebody tell me if anybody has made a joke about having eating cock or pussy or something like that?
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #335 on: September 09, 2006, 01:29:11 PM »
I don't wanna look through this whole thread, so can somebody tell me if anybody has made a joke about having eating cock or pussy or something like that?

I pretty sure McJagger did- but that could have been on another thread.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #336 on: September 09, 2006, 01:33:25 PM »
er, shouldn't "another" read "every other"?

;)

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #337 on: September 09, 2006, 01:34:40 PM »
had pie yesterday.  ;D
hair pie tomorrow?

Yep he did- but admitedly Flo was the first to attempt a pussy eating joke.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #338 on: September 09, 2006, 01:36:16 PM »
er, shouldn't "another" read "every other"?

;)

Yeah, I would have said that but I was worried he might get a complex about it :P

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #339 on: September 09, 2006, 01:54:30 PM »

Where in the south do you live?  I grew up for the most part in Atlanta, and I miss all the Waffle Houses.

I live near Atlanta. I've only been to Waffle House a couple of times. We're originally from up north so we usually go to IHOP.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #340 on: September 09, 2006, 02:23:04 PM »

that's the most accurate description ever, and sounds yummy, though like it should sound disgusting. *chuckle* :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #341 on: September 09, 2006, 03:55:57 PM »
oh yeah, anybody happen to know if there's anything you can eat (besides raw garlic - blech) that will make mosquitoes less interested in one's blood?

Flo. ;D

you're recommnding that people eat flo?

blimey - you really are that evil genius, aren't you?  do you live in an underground bunker, with a white cat, and a pirhana pool, and everything? 

(he is so very much my hero...  )

You shall never catch me alive, you hear! Never! Never!

(But you'll admit that the trick would help against the mosquitoes, no?)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #342 on: September 09, 2006, 03:58:01 PM »
A salad with mushrooms, black olives, red onions, cheddar, and blue cheese dressing
A slice of supreme pizza
fried okra
A roasted chicken leg
slice of cherry cobbler
slice of cheesecake

do you just wait and pounce.

do you have any methods of having things your way at a buffet style restaurant?
Misunderstood.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #343 on: September 09, 2006, 04:04:29 PM »
A slice of supreme pizza
fried okra
A roasted chicken leg
slice of cherry cobbler
slice of cheesecake

do you just wait and pounce.

do you have any methods of having things your way at a buffet style restaurant?

Patience and I keep my ears focused on any dropping sounds. One time I heard something hit the floor accompanied by 'Oh shit!' I turned around just in time to see a man place the tongs right back next to the rice krispie treats, look around, and then whistled away like nothing had happened.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #344 on: September 09, 2006, 04:06:20 PM »
When I worked on a deli counter I dropped a huge piece of parmesan cheese on the floor when I tried to cut some off for a customer- I took it into the back area as if I was going to throw it away, then put it back on display when the customer had gone. There was no way I was going to pay for that out of my wages.