Author Topic: What did you eat today?  (Read 48367 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What did you eat today?
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2006, 02:37:43 AM »
McCunts.  i LOATHE them!   >:( >:(

Why's that?

http://www.mcspotlight.org/
http://www.mcspotlight.org/case/factsheet.html
and here's a useful summary leaflet:  http://www.mcspotlight.org/campaigns/current/wwwmd-us.pdf

http://www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/nbbw.cgi

i'm not even warmed up, yet - there's loads of stuff out there about McWankers.  the links here are just the most succinct and useful i've found.

and i do know about McBastards' children homes, "philanthropic" (i.e., PR) work, and charitable wotsits, and all that stuff, but it falls very far short of making up for the environmental, anti-union and globalisation shite they do, so i ain't convinced, at all.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2006, 03:29:43 AM »
 :o

'kay. Fair enough. I thought you got mad because of some nutritional issues. I'll have to, um, digest, the information for a while, OK?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2006, 07:28:39 AM »
for you, my little veggieburger, anything.   :-*

;)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2006, 08:03:00 AM »
McCunts.  i LOATHE them!   >:( >:(

Why's that?

http://www.mcspotlight.org/
http://www.mcspotlight.org/case/factsheet.html
and here's a useful summary leaflet:  http://www.mcspotlight.org/campaigns/current/wwwmd-us.pdf

http://www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/nbbw.cgi

i'm not even warmed up, yet - there's loads of stuff out there about McWankers.  the links here are just the most succinct and useful i've found.

and i do know about McBastards' children homes, "philanthropic" (i.e., PR) work, and charitable wotsits, and all that stuff, but it falls very far short of making up for the environmental, anti-union and globalisation shite they do, so i ain't convinced, at all.

As much as I agree that McDonald's food is about the worst thing for your health since the invention of the pointy stick, it would be nice to see less inappropriate scaremongering; it's hard to take these people seriously sometimes.  Case in point:

In or around 1979, in Australia, McDonald's was selling products containing lettuce with traces of the following chemicals: sodium disulphite, citric acid, ascorbic acid, calcium silicate, sodium citrate and sodium hexanetrophosphate.
http://www.mcspotlight.org/case/pretrial/defence/nutrition.html

Oh my, citric and ascorbic acid, eh?  In a salad, no less!  The bastards!  No wonder people are dying in their droves.   ::)
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2006, 08:44:54 AM »
lol.

i know, and it's fucking annoying, cos it devalues the rest of the argument.

still, if the only people who are prepared to "walk their talk" are the extremists, i suppose people like me (and you, by the sound of it) have to either put up or shut up - i've always been known as the bridge between the most out-there people and the more mainstream, which is always useful, but always liminal.  i never belong fully to either.  sounds familiar?  sigh...  :(

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2006, 09:18:13 AM »
I am about to make a panini with some turkey with colby/jack cheese.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2006, 11:28:33 AM »

;)

I'm not sure I can take a site that uses the Mc prefix for cheap laughs seriously. McLibel...  ::) Nevertheless, if any of it is true (re rain forests and such; I know fully well that a QP isn't good for my health), the message is alarming to say the least.

Reading on...
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2006, 11:29:38 AM »
Currently eating turkey, carrots, an onion, broccoli, tomatoes, sage, rosemary and olive oil.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Triste

« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2006, 12:26:26 PM »
i've always been known as the bridge between the most out-there people and the more mainstream, which is always useful, but always liminal.  i never belong fully to either.  sounds familiar?  sigh...  :(
Story of my life.  I accept it now and go my own way.  And now I have a new description for my identity:  liminal.  Love it.

Had the most delish cheeseburger at a cafe last night while watching Project Runway. 

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2006, 02:54:47 PM »

;)

I'm not sure I can take a site that uses the Mc prefix for cheap laughs seriously. McLibel...  ::) Nevertheless, if any of it is true (re rain forests and such; I know fully well that a QP isn't good for my health), the message is alarming to say the least.

Reading on...

the McLibel case wasn't a laugh, not until the appeal bit, which was party time.  i actually found it really upsetting.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2006, 03:40:30 PM »
Their constant use of the prefixes is a cheap, cheap device that doesn't work all that well. It's meant for laughs, though.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2006, 10:15:38 PM »
PeterMacKenzie
The Prettiest Snowflake
Administrator

[Hate] [Love]

View Profile Email Personal Message (Offline)

« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2006, 09:50:14 AM »
Quote from: fluorescent on August 09, 2006, 09:33:13 AM
Breakfast: Mesclin salad, radishes, and califlower.  I topped it with corn and pinto beans.  I had an orange on the side, and three cups of green tea super antioxidant. Various nutritional supplements.  I tend to have the same thing for a quite a few meals in a row, because I share my refrigerator with my sister, who has a child.  I also don't have a car and have to carry home a bookbag full of grocceries 2 times per week.  Life is a bitch!  I have plenty of variety in each meal, but I have not bothered to cook meat in a week.

Green tea superantioxidant: Grape seed extract ( standardized for proanthocyanins), emblic fruit extract( standardized for tannins), lemon grass, green tea leaf, licorice root, jasmine green tea leaf,  alfafa leaf, burdock root, dandelion root, and irish moss plant.

How does sharing a refridgerator cause you to eat the same thing several times in a row?

Peter, I don't choose to do so.  My refrigerator space is very limited.  My sister has a child and they take up space too.  That will change when I move to Wisconsin to be with my Wolfgurl.
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2006, 01:39:33 AM »
Weight Watchers makes really good food. I had a smart ones for dinner last night. The baked ziti one.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2006, 08:46:07 AM »
Weight Watchers makes really good food. I had a smart ones for dinner last night. The baked ziti one.

Does weight watchers help you lose weight by being so expensive that you can't afford to eat much?

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2006, 11:25:13 AM »
Finally got around to making corned beef and cabbage with some beef rice a roni. I think I'll just drinka diet Dr. Pepper with it.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law