Author Topic: What did you eat today?  (Read 48374 times)

duncvis

Re: What did you eat today?
« Reply #2115 on: October 15, 2007, 06:45:57 PM »
lol. you also did an AS thing being all smart.

could hawaiians be related to eskimos?

it would have to be pretty distant - hawaiians are Polynesian, Inuit are Asiatic and related to Siberian and Alaskan/Aleutian peoples.

ozymandias

« Reply #2116 on: October 15, 2007, 07:58:59 PM »

it would have to be pretty distant - hawaiians are Polynesian, Inuit are Asiatic and related to Siberian and Alaskan/Aleutian peoples.

But the physical similarities are fairly close!  Dark skinned, thick bodied,  short and dark haired.  The Inuit kept the slanty eyed look as it was better for dealing with Ice/snow glare.  IMHO, the divergence of genes was fairly recent!  I have a samoan sister in llaw and she could pass for Inuit. except for a kinkier hairdo.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 08:01:00 PM by ozymandias »

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Gun or turkey baster? Do you feel lucky, punk?
« Reply #2117 on: October 15, 2007, 08:29:37 PM »
2x Apple pie, fried chicken, twix.

Puked up yesterday's food so i didn't eat anything before.
You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having buttsex with a fish squirrel, congratulations.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name

Offline ASpHole

• Uncle Hardcore Meat from The Mothers of Invasion
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #2118 on: October 15, 2007, 08:37:59 PM »
i love spinach.

i ate indian food. naan bread with somekinda sauce and rice and curry sauce and rice and vegetables.

If you can find one, I highly suggest that you look around for a Somali restaurant. Somali food takes a LOT of cues from Indian food and does things a bit differantly. Look for a dish called Beef Suqqar.
"When there's no 'there' to get to, we're so there!"

Offline ASpHole

• Uncle Hardcore Meat from The Mothers of Invasion
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #2119 on: October 15, 2007, 08:43:55 PM »

But the physical similarities are fairly close!  Dark skinned, thick bodied,  short and dark haired.  The Inuit kept the slanty eyed look as it was better for dealing with Ice/snow glare.  IMHO, the divergence of genes was fairly recent!  I have a samoan sister in llaw and she could pass for Inuit. except for a kinkier hairdo.

Native Americans are actually Asian people, technically speaking. --They Emigrated here via the Alaskan Land Bridge between 10 - 20,000 years ago. I used to know a Micmac guy years ago who I thought was Asian when I first met him.
"When there's no 'there' to get to, we're so there!"

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #2120 on: October 15, 2007, 08:59:53 PM »
Oatmeal. But I've got steak and potatoes cooking.  ;D

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2121 on: October 15, 2007, 09:33:40 PM »
i also figured native americans have to be related to asians.

why did you puke Ailu?

thank you! that's exactly what i was thinking. they look the same. same bodytype. hawaiians also have similar eyes. i think some eskimos found paradise in hawaii and stayed there. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2122 on: October 15, 2007, 09:34:45 PM »
i love spinach.

i ate indian food. naan bread with somekinda sauce and rice and curry sauce and rice and vegetables.

If you can find one, I highly suggest that you look around for a Somali restaurant. Somali food takes a LOT of cues from Indian food and does things a bit differantly. Look for a dish called Beef Suqqar.

thanks but i don't do restaurants and i'm a vegetarian. but i can see if there are recipes online.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2123 on: October 15, 2007, 10:25:08 PM »

I decided not to "correct" you earlier, but I grew up around many different people who were descended from various western American Indians.

They actually considered the phrase "Native American" to have no meaning and they are quite insulted by the PC nomenclature, from the time it began. They don't mind being called American natives (take note of the lower case "n"), but prefer to be called Indians, since there is a tradition there and many of them still refuse to recognize the USA or the Mexican governments.

Most of the people I knew spoke their native dialects in their homes, lived in small family communities and learned English from their grandfathers, around a fire. They have little regard for the modern phrases. I DO have a great deal of regard for their lifestyle, which is based on individual freedoms and improving oneself. You can call them Indians. It's OK, although if you call them western Indians that means Apache, Hopi, Yaqui, Navajo, Comanche, Pueblo, Souix, etc and if you say eastern Indians, you are talking about the Cherokee, Miami, Iroquois, Seneca, Kickapoo, Menomini, Algonquin and Pottawatomie, etc. That could get a little tricky.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Scrapheap

« Reply #2124 on: October 16, 2007, 01:20:46 PM »
Native Americans are actually Asian people, technically speaking. --.....

Except for "Kennewick Man" He was European and looked like Patric Stewart's twin brother.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 06:39:18 PM by Marquis de Sadeheap »

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2125 on: October 16, 2007, 04:25:54 PM »
Patrick Stewart looks chinese. :P
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2126 on: October 16, 2007, 04:30:31 PM »

I decided not to "correct" you earlier, but I grew up around many different people who were descended from various western American Indians.

They actually considered the phrase "Native American" to have no meaning and they are quite insulted by the PC nomenclature, from the time it began. They don't mind being called American natives (take note of the lower case "n"), but prefer to be called Indians, since there is a tradition there and many of them still refuse to recognize the USA or the Mexican governments.

Most of the people I knew spoke their native dialects in their homes, lived in small family communities and learned English from their grandfathers, around a fire. They have little regard for the modern phrases. I DO have a great deal of regard for their lifestyle, which is based on individual freedoms and improving oneself. You can call them Indians. It's OK, although if you call them western Indians that means Apache, Hopi, Yaqui, Navajo, Comanche, Pueblo, Souix, etc and if you say eastern Indians, you are talking about the Cherokee, Miami, Iroquois, Seneca, Kickapoo, Menomini, Algonquin and Pottawatomie, etc. That could get a little tricky.

i don't care what they wanna be called. they are not indians. indians live in india. that name came from a mistake. in finnish the word is "intiaani" where as true indians are called "intialainen." so the words are different in finnish for the "indians" and the indians in india. maybe that's why i call them indians in english even though they are native americans. which they are. whether they want to be or not as the country was named america. they should quit their whining and get on with it. if they have a better name for america then they should come up with one. :P
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2127 on: October 16, 2007, 05:37:56 PM »

i don't care what they wanna be called. they are not indians. indians live in india. that name came from a mistake. in finnish the word is "intiaani" where as true indians are called "intialainen." so the words are different in finnish for the "indians" and the indians in india. maybe that's why i call them indians in english even though they are native americans. which they are. whether they want to be or not as the country was named america. they should quit their whining and get on with it. if they have a better name for america then they should come up with one. :P

That is stupidest shit I have ever heard ... fuck!
People should be allowed to be called what they want to be called, whether the fucking Finns know anything about them or the Spanish either. The name they are called is an adaptation to many other English ways that were forced on them. Believe me they are not whining nearly as much as the fucking idiots who refer to them as Native Americans. BTW, they do have another/better name for America, but it is not possible to write it out in less than a couple of paragraphs, with some concise directions, because it is mostly gestural.  If you think they haven't "gotten on with it,"  then you have a bit to learn. I will not waste any more of my time.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2128 on: October 16, 2007, 05:40:19 PM »
Had soul food, today. Corn cakes, fresh tomatoes on top, smothered in rice and butter gravy.

ozymandias

« Reply #2129 on: October 16, 2007, 07:15:46 PM »

That is stupidest shit I have ever heard ... fuck!
People should be allowed to be called what they want to be called, whether the fucking Finns know anything about them or the Spanish either. The name they are called is an adaptation to many other English ways that were forced on them. Believe me they are not whining nearly as much as the fucking idiots who refer to them as Native Americans. BTW, they do have another/better name for America, but it is not possible to write it out in less than a couple of paragraphs, with some concise directions, because it is mostly gestural.  If you think they haven't "gotten on with it,"  then you have a bit to learn. I will not waste any more of my time.

Most Indians prefer to go by their Tribal names.  In Maine it's Passamaquoddy or Penobscot, in New Hampshire it's Abenaki.  In New mexico, it's Navajo or Hopi, In New York, there's Mohawk, Seneca.  To name a few!  A friend of mine with close ties to a few Indian tribes, has told me that in general business or social contacts, they don't care if they are called Indians.  But, they prefer to be referred to as their tribal identities otherwise.  For the most part Indians are flexible in that, as long as it's done with respect and understanding of their cultural identities.

In other words, they're people, like all of us.